4.0 out of 5 stars Great for what they do, too expensive.
These things do work and are pretty important for securing your $3-400+ camera to whatever it's mounted on. I used mine on the front tip of a wakeboard as well as a helmet worn while water skiing. Worked very well in both cases.

Published 15 months ago by M. McNamara

1.0 out of 5 stars Heavy duty wire fishing leaders work better
Walmart $2.37 for six. Cut the small pivot off the one end. Feed that end through the hole in the hinge. Feed the clasp through loop. There you are.
Published 19 months ago by Jumpnlab

1.0 out of 5 stars Heavy duty wire fishing leaders work better, June 14, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for what they do, too expensive., October 14, 2013
This review is from: GoPro Tether Accessory Kit (Electronics)

My issue is the cost. We're talking $1 in plastics, $1 in adhesives, and pennies for the strings. Considering they aren't reusable, I think more should be included in the package. Then again... these are securing your multi-hundred dollar purchase, so there's that.

5.0 out of 5 stars I was able to enjoy the trip though, August 4, 2014
This review is from: GoPro Tether Accessory Kit (Electronics)
While I luckily have not put one of these to the test. I always keep a few in my GoPro case. I went white water rafting, on a class IV and V river, and the helmet I used, already had a curved helmet mount, but no tether kit. So, I stuck one of these on it. Even though these are not curved, it stuck well enough I would have trusted it, had the camera popped out of the mount.

The guide was saying that they had one person loose their GoPro on the river, when they fell out of the boat and hit a rock. I did fall out, but didn't hit a rock. I was able to enjoy the trip though, knowing it was attached. I would also recommend, depending on your use, to look at the stainless steel wire tether to use with these mounts.

3.0 out of 5 stars Depends on what it's being used for, October 4, 2014
The Gnome (MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GoPro Tether Accessory Kit (Electronics)
If you need the self glue bases this is a good product. I would have been better off buying a spool of nylon masons string for $3 to use on my homemade telescoping mount. The string part of this is rather large and I noticed that it interfered with the o-ring housing seal and seeing as I was taking the gopro diving this could cause it to leak. I ended up using a stainless steel leader and clamping this to the pole.

4.0 out of 5 stars Extra security is never bad, July 10, 2014
This review is from: GoPro Tether Accessory Kit (Electronics)
They aren't anything special but having the GoPro secured with a cable when flying down a highway is a good choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars A gopro, June 19, 2014
This review is from: GoPro Tether Accessory Kit (Electronics)
Good product and very useful to help to hold my gopro in my helmet. I hope that it works well when i will need it

5.0 out of 5 stars Helmet Tethers, June 16, 2014
David Walton (GRAND PRAIRIE, TX, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GoPro Tether Accessory Kit (Electronics)
This tether has given me peace of mind when I am filming with my GoPro. It is easy to use and I hope I never need it.

5.0 out of 5 stars great kit of assorted tether parts, glad I bought it, May 24, 2014
This review is from: GoPro Tether Accessory Kit (Electronics)
It is a good kit because it contains a lot of these specific items. I won't need to buy these again for a while. I should have bought two kits.

3.0 out of 5 stars Worked but came off during a fall on the ski slopes., May 18, 2014
This review is from: GoPro Tether Accessory Kit (Electronics)
Ok, but did disconnect from my helmet. This kind of defeats the purpose of the tether. I nearly lost my GoPro!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Price, May 12, 2014
This review is from: GoPro Tether Accessory Kit (Electronics)
Works just like they said. If you're planning on using your GoPro in more than one place, be sure to grab these extra tethers for that added security in case your mount happens to fail.

GoPro Tether Accessory Kit