Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "GoPro HERO4 SILVER" and save 39% off the $399.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
GoPro HERO4 SILVER
|Price:||To see our price, add this item to your cart. You can always remove it later. Why?|
|FREE Shipping. Details|
- Built-In Touch Display: Frame your shots. Easily adjust settings. Play back videos and photos. Improved Camera Control: New dedicated button enables quick access to camera settings. Simplified menus make navigating settings easier than ever.
- Fast, Powerful Photo Capture: Captures high-quality 12MP photos at speeds of up to 30 fps.
- Built-In WiFi + Bluetooth: Delivers enhanced connectivity to the GoPro App, Smart Remote
- Protune - Now for Video + Photos: Cinema-quality capture and manual control of color, ISO limit, exposure and more. Night Photo Lapse: Customizable exposure settings up to 30 seconds for single and Time Lapse Photos. Auto Low Light: Automatically adjusts frame rates for optimal low-light performance. High-Performance Audio: New Audio System captures clean, high fidelity sound and nearly 2x the dynamic range. Ultra Wide-Angle Glass Lens: Enables engaging, immersive footage of you and your world. Selecable FOV: Three FOV settings - Ultra-Wide, Medium and Narrow - allow for a broad range of perspectives. HiLight Tag: Mark key moments while recording for easy playback, editing, and sharing. QuikCapture: Power on and record automatically with the press of a single button. SuperView: Captures the world's most immersive wide-angle field of view.
- Durable + Waterproof to 131' (40m): Designed to withstand extreme environments and conditions. Wearable + Mountable: Enables immersive self-capture during your favorite activities. Compatible with all GoPro Mounts: 60+ mounts and accessories - and counting - for capturing a wide variety of perspective and activities. GoPro App + Software: Control your camera remotely. View and share your content. Easily create gorgeous GoPro-style videos.
|Special Shipping Information: Due to federal and international regulations, this product can only be shipped within the continental United States.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|Item Dimensions||9.72 x 4.09 x 4.02 inches|
|Item Weight||0.18 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||1.2 pounds|
Style: Camera Only
From the Manufacturer
Capture. Create. Share.
Expand your GoPro experience with the free GoPro App and GoPro Studio software. The GoPro App allows you to control your camera remotely using your phone or tablet, view and share your content and watch 'best of' videos on the GoPro Channel. Use GoPro Studio to import and view your GoPro media, and create your own engaging GoPro-style videos to share with the world.
Pro-quality capture. Touch-display convenience.
Capture your world in an all-new way with HERO4 Silver, the first-ever GoPro to feature a built-in touch display. Controlling the camera, framing shots and playing back content is now ultra convenient—just view, tap and swipe the screen. HERO4 Silver captures 1080p60 and 720p120 video with lifelike clarity, plus 12MP photos at a staggering 30 frames per second. New experience-enhancing features include HiLight Tag, which lets you mark key moments for easy playback, editing and sharing, and QuikCapture, which allows you to power on the camera and start recording with the press of a single button. Waterproof to 131-feet (40-meters), HERO4 Silver combines versatility and pro-quality capture with the convenience of a touch display.
Built-in touch display.
HERO4 Silver is the first-ever GoPro to feature an integrated touch display. Use it to preview photos and videos to frame your perfect shot. Play back content, and relive the moment instantly. Easily navigate camera menus and adjust settings—just tap and swipe the screen.
Professional video quality.
Featuring an enhanced sensor, HERO4 Silver boasts even better image quality than any of the best-selling GoPro cameras that came before it. Capture stunning 1080p60 video that's sharper and more lifelike than ever. High-resolution, high frame rate 720p120 and 960p100 video delivers exceptionally smooth slow-motion playback of all your highlights. 2.7K video offers ultra high-resolution, cinema-quality capture.
Fast, powerful photo capture.
With 12MP Burst photos at a blistering 30 frames per second, HERO4 Silver helps you capture the moments you don't want to miss. Capture single photos, or choose Time Lapse mode to shoot photos automatically at set time intervals from 0.5 to 60 seconds—great for gear-mounted shots when the shutter button is out of reach. Night Photo and Night Lapse offer customizable exposure settings of up to 30 seconds for breathtaking images of the night sky and more.
Control, view and share with built-in Wi-Fi + Bluetooth.
HERO4 Silver features built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, allowing you to connect to the GoPro App, Smart Remote and more. The GoPro App transforms your phone or tablet into a live video remote for your camera, offering full control of all functions and settings, easy shot preview and playback, plus sharing via text, email, Facebook and more. The Smart Remote allows you to control multiple GoPro cameras from distances of up to 600-feet (180-meters).
New settings for after dark.
Capture the night sky in a whole new way. New Night Photo and Night Lapse modes offer customizable exposure settings of up to 30 seconds for single and Time Lapse photos. Whether you're shooting the Milky Way or a campfire hangout, Night Photo and Night Lapse allow you to you capture ultra low-light scenes like never before.
HiLight Tag your best moments.
HiLight Tag, a new HERO4 feature, enables you to mark key moments while recording so you can quickly locate your best clips later for convenient playback, editing or sharing using the GoPro App or GoPro Studio. Just press the dedicated button on the camera or Smart Remote, or use the GoPro App to tag your highlights.
Protune for photo + video.
Protune unlocks the camera's full potential, delivering minimally compressed, cinema-caliber video optimized for professional productions, and advanced manual controls for photos and video. Flex your creativity with customizable settings for Color, ISO Limit, White Balance, Sharpness and Exposure—and enjoy the greatest degree of manual control available in a GoPro camera.
Auto Low Light mode.
Let the camera do the thinking for you. Auto Low Light mode intelligently changes frame rates based on lighting conditions for optimal low-light performance, enabling you to move between bright and dark environments without having to adjust your camera settings.
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
|Category||Performance||Performance||Performance||Entry Level||Entry Level||Entry Level|
|Video (up to)||4K30||2.7K30||1440p30||1080p60||1080p60||1080p30|
|Photo/Burst (up to)||12MP/30fps||12MP/30fps||8MP/10fps||8MP/5fps||8MP/5fps||5MP/5fps|
|Waterproof||Up to 131' (40m)||Up to 131' (40m)||Up to 33' (10m)||Up to 131' (40m)||Up to 131' (40m)||Up to 131' (40m)|
|Auto Low Light||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Wifi + Bluetooth||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Built-In Touch Display||✓||✓|
|Protune (photo + video)||✓||✓||Video Only|
Top Customer Reviews
1. The Hero 4 Black is $499 and does not come with an LCD (because of heat issues from 4k they could not put on an LCD).
So really if you bought an LCD BacPac for the Black edition, it would cost you a total of $579 compared to the $399 of the Silver. This is a $180 difference!
2. The two models BOTH have improved sharpness compared to the Hero3+ Black.
This video compares the sharpness of the Hero3+ Black, to the Hero4 Silver, and the Hero4 Black:
Watch this video to compare the Hero4 Black to the Hero3+ Black:
Then watch this video to compare the Hero4 Black to the Hero4 Silver:
As you can see the sharpness between the Hero 4 Black and the Silver is the SAME. They both have the same upgraded sensor/lens and it's definitely improved over the 3+ Black. Yes, the 4 Black can do 4k at 30 FPS, 2.7k48, and 1080p120 while the 4 Silver can only do 2.7k at 30 FPS, 1080p60 (it can do 4k 15 FPS but that is not really usable for most purposes). But to be honest, that is the only improvement and it is a $180 difference! At this moment I cannot justify 4k for that much of an additional increase. I am happy with what the 4 Silver offers AND I get an LCD which is extremely convenient.
3.Read more ›
First and foremost let me say that the quality of the video is absolutely stunning. I think GoPro cameras are mostly meant for video but even their snap shots can be quite amazing too. I have always liked photography but could never justify spending $600+ on a camera I probably wouldn't even use that often due to bulk and lenses. As a mountain biker, I've found myself craving to get some of the stuff I do on video. I've been wanting to get a GoPro for some time and have put it off until my birthday finally came around and my wife bought me the recently released Hero 4 Silver. I didn't order it on Amazon because I didn't want to wait 2 days to get it haha. We went to a local store and we almost bought the Hero3+ Silver edition but my wife convinced me to get the Hero4 instead and boy am I glad she did!
Let me say off the bat some of the problems I've experienced so far:
1. The battery life absolutely sucks. One battery is not enough to get you through almost any activity. I think it lasts even less time if its hot. You will need at minimum 3 batteries. I will be ordering a Wasabi dual battery charger with 2 extra batteries later today.
2. When uploading your vids and pics to the computer it will ask you if you want to clear the SD card. ALWAYS say no. I've lost pictures and videos that have failed to upload TWICE already. I have no way of knowing if it was due to the software not downloading it or if it just failed to record.Read more ›
1. Is it worth upgrading from the 3 to the 4? Short answer: for certain features, if you need them. Long answer: see below.
2. Which version of the 4 should I get? Short: Are you a pro? Black. Otherwise, the HERO or 4 Silver.
3. What else do I need? Short: a good microSD (sometimes you can get it bundled with the camera!) Long: probably some extra batteries
If you're coming from a 3 or 3+ Black, the only upgrade that would make sense is the 4 Black (the 4 Silver is the performance equivalent of the old 3+ Black).
If you're coming from a 3 Silver or White, it /might/ be worth the upgrade if you have a good use case for the 4 Silver's new touch screen back. That being said, having used GoPros a fair amount...a screen on the back really isn't as useful as it sounds. The reason you're using a GoPro to begin with is to stick it in a tough spot - where the back is almost always inaccessible. You aren't going to be adjusting your shot mid ski-slope or dirtbike-ride, after all.
If you do decide to upgrade (or this is your first GoPro), you have three good options BESIDES the 4 Silver:
The $130 barebones HERO: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NIYNUXO/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00NIYNUXO&linkCode=as2&tag=todmedblo-20&linkId=6RGQWHRXFRZSLFPY
The $300 HERO3+ Silver: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F3F0EIU/ref=as_li_tl?Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Takes great shots, just be sure you have a computer that can handle the footage. Mine is a bit choppy until it gets convertedPublished 1 hour ago by Camp Daily
I originally bought the Hero2 but needed a 2nd GoPro. I love the fact that this version has an included LCD screen on the back that allows you to watch the footage you captured... Read morePublished 19 hours ago by BG
Love this camera! Second one I have bought. The first one was lost in a collision with a rouge wave in the ocean. Read morePublished 21 hours ago by CESL01
Awesome camera! got it last week and being playing with it and excited to capture the moments of my 2 month backpack trip though out eastern Europe!Published 1 day ago by Amazon Customer
I bought this camera and took it to Africa
Then I found out That's for water use
Can i return it now for something else?
Gopro hero4 silver