Developed for the consumer and proven by professionals, GoPro's all-new HD HERO cameras are the world's most advanced line of on-board, full HD 1080p cameras designed to be used during sports. With amazing clarity, stability, and slow-motion capabilities, these cameras record your sport's most exciting moments in professional quality HD video and automatically-captured 5 megapixel still photos. HD HERO products can shoot video or photos from your point-of-view, mounted on your helmet, body, car, motorcycle, surfboard, or other equipment. And GoPro's 170° wide-angle lens (the industry's widest) even lets you take shots of yourself during your activity. All captured hands-free, while you stay focused on your activity.
The HD Motorsports HERO
is the HD HERO model developed for motorcyclists, autosports enthusiasts, and other powersports athletes. This product incorporates not only the HD HERO camera itself, but also the mounting hardware you need to mount the camera securely to virtually any helmet, motorcycle, car, ATV, jet ski, snowmobile, boat, or virtually any other vehicle. Included are mounts for two helmets and three vehicles, as well as a suction cup for maximum versatility and convenience. The camera's quick-release mounting design makes it easy to re-position the camera around your vehicle for professional quality HD video from several angles.
Originally designed for the consumer market, GoPro's wearable cameras have garnered praise from professional athletes as well as film and TV producers who demand convenience and performance from their filming equipment. The HD HERO line produces higher quality HD video than action sports cameras costing ten times as much, and as a result many video segments you see in action sports film and TV today are shot on GoPro cameras. As the #1 maker of wearable sports cameras in the world, GoPro has years of experience in developing cameras and mounting accessories for the most hardcore of sports. As a result, GoPro has won many coveted awards, including Motorcyclist magazine's prestigious "2009 Product of the Year" award and the "Editors' Choice Award" from both Popular Mechanics and Backpacker Magazine.
In the end, GoPro's HD Motorsports HERO adds so much to your enjoyment of your favorite activities that arriving home to watch your footage is almost as much fun as the activity itself. Here are some of the highlights: Professional 1080p HD Video that Looks Great Even on a 52" TV
Truly professional quality video that delivers the clarity and excitement you see on TV or in films. HD quality so good, GoPro's cameras are used regularly by both professional athletes and film and TV production companies around the world. See the quality for yourself in these sample videos: click here. Easy to Use
Turn the camera on and press the shutter button. Shooting your own HD action sports video is that simple thanks to the HD Motorsports HERO's user-friendly default settings. Upgraded controls such as brighter LED icons and louder status beeps make the camera easier-to-use than ever. Widest Range of Video & Photo Capabilities
For the more technically-inclined user looking for the latest in technology and options, the HD Motorsports HERO offers a remarkable range of video and photo modes, giving you more creative control:
Rich, Realistic Color with Fast Automatic Exposure Adjustment
- 1080p – "True HD" video at 30 frames per second produces maximum clarity and realism. To put it in perspective, 1080p video at 30 frames per second is the equivalent of shooting thirty 2-megapixel photos per second. Incredible realism you're used to seeing only in the movies. The viewing area becomes a slightly less-wide (127º) at this resolution, wide angle view, making 1080p a slightly less wide-angle view than the other resolutions. Perfect for in-car filming, for example, where you might want to focus more on objects in the distance than up close. It's like having two lenses in one camera.
- 960p – "Maximum Wide Angle" video at 30 frames per second. Certain sports like motocross, mountain biking, and skiing require maximum viewing area to capture your speed and technique. This 960p mode offers 25% more vertical viewing area at the top and bottom of the screen than other resolutions, so you can see more of your bike and handlebars beneath you, your knees and skis while you hammer the moguls, or a more of the trail and horizon ahead. Document more of you and your surroundings with 960p for the most immersive video possible.
- 720p – "Slow-motion Cinema" is possible thanks to the HD Motorsports HERO's incredibly smooth 60 frames per second 720p video. 720p (1280 x 720p) can record in either standard 30 frames per second or 60 frames per second. While 30 frames per second pleases the eye, 60 frames per second straight blows the mind when played back in liquid smooth slow motion. Everything looks good in slow motion...including you.
The HD Motorsports HERO combines the industry's leading DSP technology (digital signal processor) with cutting edge sensor technology to bring you the richest, most natural color available in a wearable sports camera. This powerful combination also results in the fastest automatic exposure adjustment of any wearable camera. This means you can move back and forth quickly between bright and dark settings (like sunshine and shadows on a trail) and still achieve smooth exposure adjustments that give your videos a professional look. Professional Sound that Automatically Adjusts to your Environment
The best sound quality of any wearable camera, period. Professional quality sound with AGC (automatic gain control) tuned for action sports and motorsports. With the ability to reduce the sound of wind noise at high speeds, the HD HERO line of cameras are simply the best sounding wearable sports cameras available. Fully automatic with no manual settings or adjustments needed, the camera will adjust the sound level automatically to maintain and optimum sound recording.
Also includes an optional non-waterproof back door that can be used in activities where waterproofness is not needed. This feature allows more sound into the protective housing, resulting in fuller, more immersive soundtracks. That said, the AGC (automatic gain control) does an excellent job of automatically increasing the microphone's sensitivity to provide impressive sound even when the camera is sealed in the waterproof housing with the waterproof back door. Trademark Video Stability, only from GoPro
GoPro is famous for producing cameras that record extremely stable video. Video that is smooth even at highest speeds and during the most intense sports. The HD Motorsports HERO takes GoPro's obsession with stable video to the next level, keeping the action amazingly stable with no wobble or "jello-cam" shakiness that plagues other wearable HD cameras. See for yourself in these sample videos: click here.
Shoot 5 megapixel Photos Automatically, a Feature Available only from GoPro
GoPro's HD HERO products are the only wearable sports cameras to offer automatic photo-taking modes, making hands-free photo capture a reality. You'll be amazed at the in-action photos you'll capture thanks to an ability to shoots a photo every 2, 5, 10, 30 or 60 seconds, automatically. Other photo modes include traditional single shot, triple shot and self-timer modes, making the HD Motorsports HERO the only camera you need to document not only the most active moments of your life, but also the more relaxed moments where a traditional photo is what you want. You'll also appreciate the edge to edge sharpness of the 170º wide angle lens as well as the HD Motorsports HERO's terrific low light performance (1.4 lux). Rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery lasts 2.5 Hours, Heater Included
The included 1100mAh Lithium-Ion battery lasts 2.5 hours and is rechargeable through any USB port. You can charge it with your computer or with any USB compatible wall or car charger. You can even use the camera while the battery is charging, convenient for filming road trips where you might leave the camera running for long periods of time. A second battery can be added to the back of the camera, doubling the battery life to 5 hours (see Battery Bakpac under Optional Accessories, below). AC/DC wall outlet and car cigarette lighter-based chargers are also available from GoPro.
For colder temperatures, an integrated battery heater helps keep the battery warm during winter sports, extending recording times beyond what's possible with other camera systems. Largest Storage Capacity of Any Wearable Camera: 32GB Capacity for 9+ Hours
Using up to a 32 GB SD card (not included) allows for 9+ hours of HD video or thousands of still photos when using the automatic photo mode. Also works with smaller 2, 4, 8, and 16GB SD cards. Write speed does not affect the performance of the camera, though GoPro does recommend using only well known, name-brand SD cards for maximum reliability. Industry's Widest Angle Lens (170º) Now Shoots 127º Wide Angle, Too
A sharp wide angle lens is critical to capturing the raw excitement of action sports – not only to capture the scenery flying by, but also to get your ski tips, handlebars, and the horizon in the frame to give you a sense of speed and adrenaline. GoPro's cameras are famous for their wide angle lenses, the widest, sharpest, and highest performance lenses available in any wearable sports camera. Plus, when mounted on equipment, the 170º lens is wide enough to capture yourself in the scene, to really record your exploits. But this is no "fisheye"…you'll see remarkably little distortion, despite the wide angle.
Unique to the HD HERO line of cameras is the ability to shoot in both 170º and 127º wide angle modes. The 960p and 720p video modes utilize the full170º wide angle, while a lesser wide angle view of 127º is possible in the 1080p video resolution. This gives you more creative control and the opportunity to capture the action with different "lenses"...making for a more professional looking video. In reality, the lens is the same but the processing power of the HD
HERO camera makes this convenient feature a reality.
Professional image quality, edge to edge sharpness, and the industry's best distance focus makes for exceptionally clear HD videos and photos. Shockproof / Waterproof (180' / 60m) Housing Protects Camera from the Environment
Polycarbonate shockproof, waterproof housing protects the camera from rocks, rain, snow, and on dives down as deep as 180' (60m). Proven in the giant surf around the world from Hawaii to Tahiti, Mexico to Northern California, you can be sure the housing will protect your HD HERO camera in even the most powerful surf. Optional Accessories Available in Early 2010, Compatible with all HD HERO Cameras
A HERO BUS expansion port on the back of the camera allows you to click in expansion "Bakpac" modules allowing for add-on features, including:
Major Upgrades from Earlier Models
- LCD Bakpac, a click-on LCD screen attaches to the back of the camera, allowing for instant preview / review of your footage as you capture it.
- Battery Bakpac, a click-in secondary battery allows for 2.5 hours more recording time, for a total of 5 hours recording time between charging batteries. Can also be used as a wall charger for additional HD HERO Lithium-Ion batteries.
The HD HERO line's many upgrades from the earlier standard-definition WIDE HERO include:
HD Motorsports HERO Includes Mounting Hardware for Motorcycles, Cars, Etc.
- Three HD video resolution modes: 1080p, 960p, and 720p.
- WVGA wide screen standard definition video at 60 frames per second
- Shoots up to 60 frames/second for slow motion playback in WVGA and 720p resolutions
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery with 2.5 hours of record time
- Camera can be powered by car or wall charger, battery will charge while recording
- Support for up to 32GB SD cards, 9+ hours of HD video recording
- Professional sound system with for great sound in high wind environments.
- Improved low light performance for both video and photo modes
- Dual wide angle views now available: 127º in 1080p, 170º in 960p and 720p.
- Brighter status LED and louder status beep for easier controlling of camera
- HERO BUS expansion port for adding LCD screen, extra battery, etc.
- Waterproof depth rating is increased from 100' / 30m to 180' / 60m
The HD Motorsports HERO's camera mounting hardware has been proven at the highest levels of sport. It's been worn by more world record setting athletes than any other wearable camera, including by two time "Highest Jump on a Motorcycle" world record holder Ronnie Renner, and the "Highest Jump on a BMX Bicycle" world record holder. GoPro's camera mounts have been proven in the heaviest waves in Hawaii, Tahiti, Mexico, and Northern California...used by professional surfers looking to document their most heroic moments in giant surf. Industrial-grade 3M brand adhesive tape used on the flat and curved mounts can be removed if desired. This all means you can mount your HD Motorsports HERO camera with confidence. The HD Motorsports HERO comes with:
- 5 Megapixel HD Motorsports HERO Camera
- 1 Rechargeable 1100 mAh Lithium-Ion Battery
- 1 Waterproof Quick-Release Housing (180'/60 m)
- 3 Flat, 3M Adhesive Mounts for attaching camera to flat surfaces
- 2 Curved, 3M Adhesive Mounts for attaching camera to helmets and curved surfaces
- 2 Quick-Release Buckles
- 1 Vertical Surface "J-Hook" Buckle
- 1 Suction Cup Mount, ideal for attaching camera to windows or other smooth surfaces
- 1 Three-Way Pivoting Side Arm Assembly lets you mount camera on side of helmet
- 1 USB Cable
- 1 Component Video (HDTV) Cable
- 1 Composite Video + Audio Out Cable
Replacement lens kits are also available for $20, so there's little worry of scratching the tempered glass lens while going for glory. Trash the housing in a massive crash? Replacements are available for $40. It's a GoPro...go for it.
Warranty: One Year