Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "GoPro HD Motorsports Hero" and save 8% off the $239.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
4 Year Camera Accident Protection Planfrom Warrantech
- Includes Parts and Labor coverage plus accidental damages caused by drops and spills
- Repair or Replacement Promise on Every Product and Never a Deductible
- 5 Day Repair Guarantee on Depot Service
- Contract Delivered by E-mail, Register and File Claims Online or by Phone
- Excludes Aerial Drones and Radio Controlled Devices
GoPro HD Motorsports Hero
|Price:||$399.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Professional-grade full HD video up to 1080p
- 60 frames per second option in 720p and WVGA resolutions provides liquid smooth slow motion playback
- Videos can be easily edited with iMovie or Windows Movie Maker
- Industry's widest angle (170º) and sharpest lens captures more of the scene, including you
- Includes easy-to-apply mounts for attaching camera to any helmet, motorcycle, car, ATV, jet ski, snowmobile, boat, or virtually any vehicle.
- Impact-resistant housing is waterproof to 180 ft (60 meters)
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Included Components||Camera, Battery, Housing, Mounts, Cables|
|Item Dimensions||3.9 x 9.6 x 3.9 inches|
|Item Weight||0.33 pounds|
|Lithium Battery Energy Content||100 Watt Hours|
|Lithium Battery Voltage||1 Volt|
|Lithium Battery Weight||26 grams|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||5 MP|
|Optical Sensor Technology||CMOS|
|Shipping Weight||2.45 pounds|
|Supported Battery Types||1100 mAh Lithium-Ion Battery|
|Video Input Format||MPEG4|
Compare to Similar Items
This item: GoPro HD Motorsports Hero
GoPro HD Hero 960 B003YMN3O6
GoPro HD HERO2: Motorsports Edition B005WY3TMA
GoPro HERO3: Black Edition B009TCD8V8
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Camera Guy Store||Amazon.com||Camera Guy Store||Camera Guy Store|
|Optical Zoom||10 x||0 x||0 x||1 x|
|Display Size||0 centimeters||Information not provided||1.5 inches||0 mm|
|Item Package Weight||2.45 pounds||2 pounds||1.9 pounds||2.35 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
The HD Motorsports HERO is the HD HERO model developed for motorcyclists, autosports enthusiasts, and other powersports athletes. This product incorporates not only the HD HERO camera itself, but also the mounting hardware you need to mount the camera securely to virtually any helmet, motorcycle, car, ATV, jet ski, snowmobile, boat, or virtually any other vehicle. Included are mounts for two helmets and three vehicles, as well as a suction cup for maximum versatility and convenience. The camera's quick-release mounting design makes it easy to re-position the camera around your vehicle for professional quality HD video from several angles.
Originally designed for the consumer market, GoPro's wearable cameras have garnered praise from professional athletes as well as film and TV producers who demand convenience and performance from their filming equipment. The HD HERO line produces higher quality HD video than action sports cameras costing ten times as much, and as a result many video segments you see in action sports film and TV today are shot on GoPro cameras. As the #1 maker of wearable sports cameras in the world, GoPro has years of experience in developing cameras and mounting accessories for the most hardcore of sports. As a result, GoPro has won many coveted awards, including Motorcyclist magazine's prestigious "2009 Product of the Year" award and the "Editors' Choice Award" from both Popular Mechanics and Backpacker Magazine.
In the end, GoPro's HD Motorsports HERO adds so much to your enjoyment of your favorite activities that arriving home to watch your footage is almost as much fun as the activity itself. Here are some of the highlights:
Professional 1080p HD Video that Looks Great Even on a 52" TV
Truly professional quality video that delivers the clarity and excitement you see on TV or in films. HD quality so good, GoPro's cameras are used regularly by both professional athletes and film and TV production companies around the world. See the quality for yourself in these sample videos: click here.
Easy to Use
Turn the camera on and press the shutter button. Shooting your own HD action sports video is that simple thanks to the HD Motorsports HERO's user-friendly default settings. Upgraded controls such as brighter LED icons and louder status beeps make the camera easier-to-use than ever.
Widest Range of Video & Photo Capabilities
For the more technically-inclined user looking for the latest in technology and options, the HD Motorsports HERO offers a remarkable range of video and photo modes, giving you more creative control:
- 1080p – "True HD" video at 30 frames per second produces maximum clarity and realism. To put it in perspective, 1080p video at 30 frames per second is the equivalent of shooting thirty 2-megapixel photos per second. Incredible realism you're used to seeing only in the movies. The viewing area becomes a slightly less-wide (127º) at this resolution, wide angle view, making 1080p a slightly less wide-angle view than the other resolutions. Perfect for in-car filming, for example, where you might want to focus more on objects in the distance than up close. It's like having two lenses in one camera.
- 960p – "Maximum Wide Angle" video at 30 frames per second. Certain sports like motocross, mountain biking, and skiing require maximum viewing area to capture your speed and technique. This 960p mode offers 25% more vertical viewing area at the top and bottom of the screen than other resolutions, so you can see more of your bike and handlebars beneath you, your knees and skis while you hammer the moguls, or a more of the trail and horizon ahead. Document more of you and your surroundings with 960p for the most immersive video possible.
- 720p – "Slow-motion Cinema" is possible thanks to the HD Motorsports HERO's incredibly smooth 60 frames per second 720p video. 720p (1280 x 720p) can record in either standard 30 frames per second or 60 frames per second. While 30 frames per second pleases the eye, 60 frames per second straight blows the mind when played back in liquid smooth slow motion. Everything looks good in slow motion...including you.
The HD Motorsports HERO combines the industry's leading DSP technology (digital signal processor) with cutting edge sensor technology to bring you the richest, most natural color available in a wearable sports camera. This powerful combination also results in the fastest automatic exposure adjustment of any wearable camera. This means you can move back and forth quickly between bright and dark settings (like sunshine and shadows on a trail) and still achieve smooth exposure adjustments that give your videos a professional look.
Professional Sound that Automatically Adjusts to your Environment
The best sound quality of any wearable camera, period. Professional quality sound with AGC (automatic gain control) tuned for action sports and motorsports. With the ability to reduce the sound of wind noise at high speeds, the HD HERO line of cameras are simply the best sounding wearable sports cameras available. Fully automatic with no manual settings or adjustments needed, the camera will adjust the sound level automatically to maintain and optimum sound recording.
Also includes an optional non-waterproof back door that can be used in activities where waterproofness is not needed. This feature allows more sound into the protective housing, resulting in fuller, more immersive soundtracks. That said, the AGC (automatic gain control) does an excellent job of automatically increasing the microphone's sensitivity to provide impressive sound even when the camera is sealed in the waterproof housing with the waterproof back door.
Trademark Video Stability, only from GoPro
GoPro is famous for producing cameras that record extremely stable video. Video that is smooth even at highest speeds and during the most intense sports. The HD Motorsports HERO takes GoPro's obsession with stable video to the next level, keeping the action amazingly stable with no wobble or "jello-cam" shakiness that plagues other wearable HD cameras. See for yourself in these sample videos: click here.
Shoot 5 megapixel Photos Automatically, a Feature Available only from GoPro
GoPro's HD HERO products are the only wearable sports cameras to offer automatic photo-taking modes, making hands-free photo capture a reality. You'll be amazed at the in-action photos you'll capture thanks to an ability to shoots a photo every 2, 5, 10, 30 or 60 seconds, automatically. Other photo modes include traditional single shot, triple shot and self-timer modes, making the HD Motorsports HERO the only camera you need to document not only the most active moments of your life, but also the more relaxed moments where a traditional photo is what you want. You'll also appreciate the edge to edge sharpness of the 170º wide angle lens as well as the HD Motorsports HERO's terrific low light performance (1.4 lux).
Rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery lasts 2.5 Hours, Heater Included
The included 1100mAh Lithium-Ion battery lasts 2.5 hours and is rechargeable through any USB port. You can charge it with your computer or with any USB compatible wall or car charger. You can even use the camera while the battery is charging, convenient for filming road trips where you might leave the camera running for long periods of time. A second battery can be added to the back of the camera, doubling the battery life to 5 hours (see Battery Bakpac under Optional Accessories, below). AC/DC wall outlet and car cigarette lighter-based chargers are also available from GoPro.
For colder temperatures, an integrated battery heater helps keep the battery warm during winter sports, extending recording times beyond what's possible with other camera systems.
Largest Storage Capacity of Any Wearable Camera: 32GB Capacity for 9+ Hours
Using up to a 32 GB SD card (not included) allows for 9+ hours of HD video or thousands of still photos when using the automatic photo mode. Also works with smaller 2, 4, 8, and 16GB SD cards. Write speed does not affect the performance of the camera, though GoPro does recommend using only well known, name-brand SD cards for maximum reliability.
Industry's Widest Angle Lens (170º) Now Shoots 127º Wide Angle, Too
A sharp wide angle lens is critical to capturing the raw excitement of action sports – not only to capture the scenery flying by, but also to get your ski tips, handlebars, and the horizon in the frame to give you a sense of speed and adrenaline. GoPro's cameras are famous for their wide angle lenses, the widest, sharpest, and highest performance lenses available in any wearable sports camera. Plus, when mounted on equipment, the 170º lens is wide enough to capture yourself in the scene, to really record your exploits. But this is no "fisheye"…you'll see remarkably little distortion, despite the wide angle.
Unique to the HD HERO line of cameras is the ability to shoot in both 170º and 127º wide angle modes. The 960p and 720p video modes utilize the full170º wide angle, while a lesser wide angle view of 127º is possible in the 1080p video resolution. This gives you more creative control and the opportunity to capture the action with different "lenses"...making for a more professional looking video. In reality, the lens is the same but the processing power of the HD HERO camera makes this convenient feature a reality.
Professional image quality, edge to edge sharpness, and the industry's best distance focus makes for exceptionally clear HD videos and photos.
Shockproof / Waterproof (180' / 60m) Housing Protects Camera from the Environment
Polycarbonate shockproof, waterproof housing protects the camera from rocks, rain, snow, and on dives down as deep as 180' (60m). Proven in the giant surf around the world from Hawaii to Tahiti, Mexico to Northern California, you can be sure the housing will protect your HD HERO camera in even the most powerful surf.
Optional Accessories Available in Early 2010, Compatible with all HD HERO Cameras
A HERO BUS expansion port on the back of the camera allows you to click in expansion "Bakpac" modules allowing for add-on features, including:
- LCD Bakpac, a click-on LCD screen attaches to the back of the camera, allowing for instant preview / review of your footage as you capture it.
- Battery Bakpac, a click-in secondary battery allows for 2.5 hours more recording time, for a total of 5 hours recording time between charging batteries. Can also be used as a wall charger for additional HD HERO Lithium-Ion batteries.
The HD HERO line's many upgrades from the earlier standard-definition WIDE HERO include:
- Three HD video resolution modes: 1080p, 960p, and 720p.
- WVGA wide screen standard definition video at 60 frames per second
- Shoots up to 60 frames/second for slow motion playback in WVGA and 720p resolutions
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery with 2.5 hours of record time
- Camera can be powered by car or wall charger, battery will charge while recording
- Support for up to 32GB SD cards, 9+ hours of HD video recording
- Professional sound system with for great sound in high wind environments.
- Improved low light performance for both video and photo modes
- Dual wide angle views now available: 127º in 1080p, 170º in 960p and 720p.
- Brighter status LED and louder status beep for easier controlling of camera
- HERO BUS expansion port for adding LCD screen, extra battery, etc.
- Waterproof depth rating is increased from 100' / 30m to 180' / 60m
HD Motorsports HERO Includes Mounting Hardware for Motorcycles, Cars, Etc.
The HD Motorsports HERO's camera mounting hardware has been proven at the highest levels of sport. It's been worn by more world record setting athletes than any other wearable camera, including by two time "Highest Jump on a Motorcycle" world record holder Ronnie Renner, and the "Highest Jump on a BMX Bicycle" world record holder. GoPro's camera mounts have been proven in the heaviest waves in Hawaii, Tahiti, Mexico, and Northern California...used by professional surfers looking to document their most heroic moments in giant surf. Industrial-grade 3M brand adhesive tape used on the flat and curved mounts can be removed if desired. This all means you can mount your HD Motorsports HERO camera with confidence. The HD Motorsports HERO comes with:
- 5 Megapixel HD Motorsports HERO Camera
- 1 Rechargeable 1100 mAh Lithium-Ion Battery
- 1 Waterproof Quick-Release Housing (180'/60 m)
- 3 Flat, 3M Adhesive Mounts for attaching camera to flat surfaces
- 2 Curved, 3M Adhesive Mounts for attaching camera to helmets and curved surfaces
- 2 Quick-Release Buckles
- 1 Vertical Surface "J-Hook" Buckle
- 1 Suction Cup Mount, ideal for attaching camera to windows or other smooth surfaces
- 1 Three-Way Pivoting Side Arm Assembly lets you mount camera on side of helmet
- 1 USB Cable
- 1 Component Video (HDTV) Cable
- 1 Composite Video + Audio Out Cable
Warranty: One Year
Read about our customers' top-rated camcorders on our review page: Camcorders
Top Customer Reviews
Video is awesome, in all of the modes.
Stills are very good quality, the timelapse feature is fantastic.
The mounting options are (almost) limitless.
It's awkward to set up. Menu is like something from 20 years ago.
Firmware issues have yet to be addressed by the manufacturer. This is inexcusable as the camera has been available for sale for nearly a year.
Audio is useless. They could have saved weight and cost by just not including a mic. The only instance where it even sort of works is when mounted right near a loudish sound you want to highlight, such as an engine.
There are too many instances where "Macgyvering" is required to get the desired result. The quick release mount rattles so you need to tape the base plate, the non waterproof back allows too much wind noise, so you need to tape over the openings, the shutter button rattles, so you need to tape over that. Moral of the story: BUY TAPE.
The support by the manufacturer is not quite adequate. I realize it's a small start up company, but for all the issues with the use of the camera and the handling/editing of the files, they really need to release some conclusive videos or articles to address these concerns.
People who might find this camera useful:
Auto racing enthusiasts
Hobbyist videographers looking for those unique shots
People who will likely be disappointed and frustrated by this camera:
Pretty much anyone who thinks they'll be using it as a camcorder.Read more ›
The only reason I have not given it a full 5 stars is the difficulty in reading the small status screen with all the various modes it has. The same issue I have with the standard definition HERO. The icons that tell you if you are in burst, still, timed, or video mode are very small across the top of the display. The numbers to tell you the number of pictures or videos taken are much larger. It is just difficult if you have the camera mounted on top of your helmet and you try and look in the mirror on your bike to see if the camera is on and what mode it is.Read more ›
Pros: The camera has four modes - video (in several resolutions), still pictures, self-timer still pictures, and interval photos (pictures every few seconds). The lens gives a tremendously wide wild view which is nice for HD's 9:16. It will shoot 1080p, 960p 720p (at 30 and 60 frames per second), and 480 (at 60 frames per second) line resolutions. It uses standard SDHC memory cards and has an internal battery which recharges via a USB cable. The recorded audio is very good both inside and outside of the motor sports waterproof case that came with my kit. Video is relatively good, not as vivid as a dedicated camcorder but the resolution is good. My kit came with a variety of mounts and a suction cup mount for windows and car body use. The waterproof case comes with two backs, one that is watertight and one that is not for better audio when waterproof use isn't required. The kit comes with connectors for connecting the camera up to an HDTV monitor (component video) or a TV monitor (composite video). A neat feature in the menu is that you can flip both the video and still photos so you can shoot with the camera upside down without a problem.
Cons: The quick release mounts have a bit of wiggle to them. The back of the waterproof case can be difficult to lock closed. The menu system is a bit troublesome to use as there are only two buttons and three LCD characters to use. Once set you'll not have to go into the menu very often.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
We use this on so many occasions. A friend even used it is to record our wedding.Published 3 months ago by Kelly Watson
GoPro is just a solid company with a solid product! I bought one for my brother... and another for myself. My church youth group just purchased two more!Published 6 months ago by Henry Lee