Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

Size: --|Color: black|Change
Price:$43.54+ $7.95 shipping

on May 2, 2014
this is a great idea but please note that none of your existing rear doors will work with this housing so you cannot add/use the add-on battery pac or LCD screen with this housing.
88 comments|51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 27, 2014
After using the standard clear case with the Hero3+ Black Many times on the wing of my airplane- using the WiFi Remote- I've had No WiFi disconnect problems. Then I used this Black case and the WiFi would disconnect after a few minutes. All the camera/remote firmware is up to date and the distance/location are the same. I then replaced the black case with the clear case again and WiFi never disconnects. I repeated this test three times with same disconnect results using this black case? Nice case otherwise, but the black in the plastic seems to block the WiFi signal?
on August 14, 2014
This housing is great. It's just as waterproof as the standard housing, and looks a little more businesslike for professional shoots. The latch design is simplified a bit, but seems to be holding up just fine to use.

Another plus is that the buttons are significantly easier to press. I can hand this over to my two-year-old, and he'll happily be able to snap away, grabbing stills or toddler-point-of-view video.

As other reviewers have noted, none of your existing GoPro Backdoors will fit on this housing. I can understand, given their low-profile, high-speed-low-drag marketing of the Blackout model, but given the nice features of its redesign, I'd love to be able to use my GoPro touchscreen with it.
on November 16, 2014
Seems to be thinner plastic than the original one. So far no issues when mounted to my helmet but we'll see over time if it handles the abuse of a field environment.
Defiantly overpriced for what it is. Rating is based on pricing and material durability.
on May 27, 2016
My husband bought this for work and is very happy with it. He works in a law enforcement/military field where he often needs to be as concealed as possible. This blackout housing works great for him, no glare and no reflection. GoPro fits perfectly inside and it works with all of the mounts that my husband had already.

His only negative is that the casing scratches and scruffs pretty easily. In his field, his work is not necessarily gentle and the blackout housing does scratch easily.
on February 16, 2015
I bought this a few weeks ago, originally because it was on sale for about half of what it normally is, otherwise I would't have bought it! But after using the case for a few weeks now, I am very happy with my purchase. The black housing case is really the way to go in all situations, concerts, dashboard filming, chest mounting, photo journalism, you name it! It's discreet and also doesn't bring unwanted attention while your filming, some people do not enjoy being filmed and this is the best way to get around that! One of the main examples of this would be to record sketchy police activity without being a victim! Anyway I would definitely recommend this GoPro black housing kit (while its on sale), its slick and on some black ops shizz! It works perfectly with my GoPro Hero 3+ Silver Edition! Thanks!
on January 19, 2016
I purchased one before that included several back doors, including a waterproof touchscreen backdoor. I just purchased a second one, and it came with one less backdoor. It was lacking the waterproof touchscreen backdoor. That's fine if you have a Hero 4 Black, which doesn't have a touchscreen on the back.
on September 18, 2015
I wanted this case more than the original and it was $15 off! Can't beat that. The case holds up well and has only suffered discoloration around the square lens protector from normal wear at tear. You can't see the lights flashing, unfortunately, but you really don't need to. It's obvious when you're on video mode (although not when you're taking pictures as the screen only updates after like 10 photos or something), and you can hear the different start and stop sounds to let you know when you start taking video/multiple pictures.
on June 4, 2014
I like the case, but I really dislike that the lens cover for the clear cases won't fit on this case. And as far as I know they don't make a case for this one. I've taken to wrapping it in a microfiber cloth, which I then rubber band to keep in place. A pain, but I don't want to scratch up the lens.
on December 28, 2014
Blackout color is great for using in my hunting blind, but there is NO WAY to put on the external battery. You are stuck with the small internal battery so if you are controlling it by remote, the battery life sucks. However, it does work well enough for my needs. I would buy skin wraps for the larger clear case next time.