Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: GoPro Rechargeable Battery for HERO3 and HERO3+
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Size: One Size|Color: Black|Change

on September 10, 2014
I tested the GoPro (1180 mAh) battery in a GoPro HERO3+ Black. Set to 1080/24. Wifi OFF. Let camera run continuously. On average the battery runs for 2 hours and 18 minutes**. Great runtime for a battery that comes with the GoPro HERO3+ Black model. I ordered a second one ($20) as a backup. **Battery runtime may be less with higher video setting or with more FPS in video mode.

The Wasabi (1200 capacity model) runs for 2 hours only. Exact same filming conditions. GoPro original battery runs for 20 minutes longer than Wasabi 1200 battery. Even though the original GoPro is rated at 1180 vs the Wasabi 1200 higher rating, the GoPro original battery (1180) runs for 20 minutes longer.

Keep in mind I was using the Wasabi 1200 capacity battery. There is a higher capacity 1280 Wasabi which I have ordered and will test soon. Not sure how much more runtime the 1280 Wasabi battery will have over the 1200 Wasabi battery. An extra 80 mAh will add how much more runtime? Just received and charging up. Will test soon.

Test with higher capacity Wasabi.
I ordered the new 1280 mAh batteries. I used same setting as before but a new memory card (not as fast as previous one). It could be my imagination but camera seems to feel a bit warmer. Here is the runtime between the OEM GoPro 1180 mAh battery versus the Wasabi 1280 mAh battery.

GoPro 1180 mAh battery. Runtime of 2 hours and 12 minutes.
Wasabi 1280 mAh battery. Runtime of 2 hours and 6 minutes.
Times are closer here. An earlier test I did, the Wasabi 1280 mAh stopped at 2 hours exact.
on June 28, 2015
Buyer beware - expiration date on these batteries expired a year ago. Just how good they are I've yet to determine. Had I known they expired one year ago I would not have purchased them. Think I've been taken to the cleaners

Update: 08/03/15 - batteries don't hold a charge, they're flat. I have been taken to the cleaners - find another dealer.
review image
on April 21, 2014
The GoPro Battery gets the job done! See your manual for recording times based on the format you are shooting, but these do fairly nice job, but have not compare them to other aftermarket batteries. They charge fairly quick, and again just a good idea to have extra one standing by on ready.
on April 6, 2014
As with all equipment that requires a battery i always like to have a spare. this is the first spare i've purchased but will most likely buy another one. it's a little tighter fit than the battery that came with my Hero 3 but it works fine.
on February 6, 2015
Awesome product! Came in super handy on my recent dive trip and really eliminated the need for constant charging. If you have and use a GoPro on the regular, its definitely a must have. Just make sure you let it run down to dead on the first use before charging to make sure you calibrate it for best results.
I made sure to purchase this from Amazon and not a marketplace seller to avoid buying a facsimile or fake. This is just an OEM replacement battery for the Hero3/Hero3+, nothing spectacular. I kept running out of juice with the one battery, so a spare makes a lot of sense especially for extended shooting. A 64GB SD card recording in 1080P/60fps will hold just under 3 hours of footage, but the standard battery only lasts about 2 hours. So it is like the hot dogs and buns scenario, but I know I don't always keep recording but I do need battery power if I want to use the WiFi app/viewfinder.

Overall: 5/5 stars
on May 29, 2014
I like having a backup battery, especially when the Bluetooth is running constantly. I have not had any problems to report and glad that I bought the brand name.
on April 3, 2015
I purchased this item for a friend. She resently told me that this battery swelled after a FEW days of used and was NOT longer operational. The same occured to her with others that she purchased. So, based on that my review is not good. Be aware. Sadly it's too late for me to return it since I cannot all the paper work . But it might help somebody.
on November 16, 2015
I have several GoPros and buy a lot of batteries. One is an older Hero 3 Silver and I like to buy GoPro Brand batteries. They seem to last longer and be more consistent. I find that Newmowa and Wasabi to be hit and miss but I have had a lot of consistent luck with GoPro Brand batteries.
on October 31, 2015
I bought a few of these. They're good, but I'm skeptical whether they're really genuine. It doesn't seem the charge holds as long as the one that came with my camera. Also, two of them don't fit quite right in my external, 2-bat charger. Still though, it lasts MUCH longer than Wasabi ones I bought awhile back