Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "GoPro Camera CHDOH-002 HD HERO2 Outdoor Edition” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 10% off the $299.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
4 Year Camera Accident Protection Planfrom Warrantech
- Includes Parts and Labor coverage plus accidental damages caused by drops and spills
- Repair or Replacement Promise on Every Product and Never a Deductible
- 5 Day Repair Guarantee on Depot Service
- Contract Delivered by E-mail, Register and File Claims Online or by Phone
- Excludes Aerial Drones and Radio Controlled Devices
GoPro Camera CHDOH-002 HD HERO2 Outdoor Edition
|Price:||$299.99 & FREE Shipping|
- 2X Sharper Professional Glass Lens than the GoPro HD Hero Camera
- 10 Photos Per Second Burst
- Video: HD Resolutions: 1080P 30 FPS, 960P 30 and 48 FPS, 720P 30 and 60 FPS
- Photo Resolution : 11MP, 8MP, 5 MP
- Wi-Fi BacPac + Wi-Fi Remote Compatible: Long range remote control of multiple cameras, Wi-Fi Video Preview + Playback on Smartphone/and Medium 127o FOVVIDEO
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Item Dimensions||9.65 x 3.94 x 3.94 inches|
|Item Weight||1.72 pounds|
|Lithium Battery Voltage||3.7 Volts|
|Shipping Weight||2.2 pounds|
From the Manufacturer
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
|Category||Performance||Performance||Performance||Entry Level||Entry Level||Entry Level|
|Video (Up To)||4K30||2.7K30||1440p30||1080p60||1080p60||1080p30|
|Photo/Burst (Up To)||12MP/30fps||12MP/30fps||8MP/10fps||8MP/5fps||8MP/5fps||5MP/5fps|
|Waterproof||Up to 131' (40m)||Up to 131' (40m)||Up to 33' (10m)||Up to 131' (40m)||Up to 131' (40m)||Up to 131' (40m)|
|Auto Low Light||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|WiFi + Bluetooth||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Built-In Touch Display||✓||✓|
|Protune (Photo + Video)||✓||✓||Yes, Video Only|
Read about our customers' top-rated camcorders on our review page: Camcorders
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 0:38 Mins|
The movie accompanying this review was is a time lapse shot at One frame every five seconds, 1145 photos. I reduced them in size, then used Quicktime Pro to make the movie. The extreme color shift towards the end is the camera automatically switching settings when it grew darker out.
So I used it every day for a week, plus every few days since then (When not shooting skiing, I shoot a lot of time-lapse.) No issues, no problems - the quality is stunning. I think my earlier complaints concerning customer service were due to the rush accompanying the Hero2 introduction.
I still have complaints with the Scuba aspect of the camera, plus I can't even use it in our pond and produce usable results.
Underwater? The specs have an impressive "Waterproof to 197 feet." Except the thing can't actually shoot any usable underwater footage. How many snorkelers and SCUBA divers have purchased this thing, only to find out that EVERY video and photo are totally out of focus? The curved lens cover acts with the water to create a second lens - this shifts everything out of focus by about five feet! Since the camera has no manual focus, you're stuck.Read more ›
After all these issues / promises are solved and updated, I will give this product 5 starts.
1. (Fixed!!!)Underwater focus fix with Extra $49.
2. 127FOV and 90FOV for 720P as promised
3. Overheating issue and short battery life
4. Price is still too much for such low quality materials used in this product.
5. (Released!!!)This was not expected, but as they promised "Pro-tune" firmware update will be released in this summer, not in summer 2015 like the diving case that GoPro promised long time ago.
6. Bugs in low light videos, photos, and time lapse feature.
7. Hopefully this will get fixed with "Pro-tune" firmware, but Auto White Balance does not perform well underwater at all.
Hero2 is clearly better than the original HD Hero in many areas. The price difference is justifiable although $300 was bit too much for my wallet. I am still happy with the purchase. If you are choosing between Original HD Hero and Hero2, I would get Hero2 for better low light performance.Read more ›
|Length: 3:08 Mins|
My review is on the quality of build and design, which is a 10/10, A+, best you could ask for, in my opinion.
This camera has the grace and design-sense of an Apple product. Whomever designed this must be passionate about build quality and design, because everything is great. From the minute you open the box, you are impressed with extra features and luxuries that you would not expect from a camera of this size. It's an elegant design, easy for any person to use of any skill level.
I was extremely pleased with this camera, when I own Canon lenses that cost 10x as much money (yes, high end photography is expensive and good lenses go for $2000 to $3000-- JUST FOR THE LENS!!). I actually cannot believe such an elegantly designed product can be had for under $300. Kudos to GoPro.
1. The screen is MUCH easier to navigate through and gives you a lot more info while filming than the previous hdhero. Resolution, wide angle/medium wide angle, battery life, remaining recording time on sd card, mode, and record time are all on the screen at the same time.
2. The beeping is louder. With the previous gopro if you had the waterproof housing on it was hard to hear. Not anymore.
3.New super slow mo option. You can now shoot at standard definition at 120 frames a second which lets you play back at incredibly slow mo. On the previous go pro the maximum was 60 frames per second. So you can now go twice as slow.
4. If I'm not mistaken this motorsports editin comes with more mounting hardware than the original hdhero.
Although this is advertised as having a lens that's 2x clearer than the original hdhero I really can't tell a difference. The hdhero had great 1080p quality, not much to improve on there.
There wasn't much to improve on over the previous gopro and now there's even less. I have no idea what they are going to do for the hero3. 120 frames per second in 720p I guess. GPS speedometer would be cool.
Anyway, if you can afford this, get this. Don't even look at the other helmet cams. If you can't afford this then get the previous hdhero as it is now on sale and is better than any of the other options. The only helmet cam that offers something that hdheros don't is the contour hd with gps.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I've been using my GoPro to record water polo games, and a battery will get though a single game, but not a weekend tournament. Read morePublished 16 hours ago by Todd Brinker
I don't know why the 60m diving case is not sold with the camera instead of the 40m also the price of the case is very expensive and now i have a 40m case that i will not use,... Read morePublished 3 days ago by Amazon Customer
Bought it used and it works perfectly fine. Some dings and scratches but that's to be expected.
-Fits my Hero4 Silver and antifog strps
-Housing is... Read more
Its a bit heavier but sturdier than the original that came with the camera.Published 8 days ago by Mike
can't go wrong with the real thing. I considered buying a knock off as they were much cheaper, but for my $400 GoPro I thought it made sense to go with the real thing. Read morePublished 9 days ago by STH
I bought a second GoPro battery just in case my first battery died while I was out and about all day. Read morePublished 9 days ago by jackie