Questions & Answers
GoPro HERO3: Silver Edition
by GoPro
3.9 out of 5 stars (328)
$310.69
Add to cart
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 57 questions
votes
2 quick release mounts (these clip into the curved or flat mounts) 1 curved and one flat adhesive mount 3 way pivot arm usb cable battery Camera waterproof case and backing skeleton back 3 gopro stickers
Nov 16, 2012 by V. Harris
votes
As folks are saying, you'll need an SD micro memory card. You'll want a Class 10 card if you're planning on shooting HD video (Class 10 means that it can record at 10Mbs per second. You can get away with Class 6 or better, but it's not a huge price difference.) The size will depend on what you plan on doing with the camera. Static photos will generally be about 5.5 MB (100 MB to a GB), a 60 second video shot at 720dpi 60 frames a second, will run about 108MB. The battery will run about 2 hours (provided wifi is off), so figure about 12GB for a non-stop video (It's a bit more because of the limitations of how the camera can write to the card.) For what it's worth, I picked up a 32GB card for mine. There are a few other things you probably want to consider (tripod mount with a gorillapod, extra batteries, USB auto charging port, etc.) but you didn't ask about those.
Mar 17, 2013 by J. R. Conlin
vote
No, you'll have to purchase a card. To be on the safe side, I purchased a SanDisk 64GB Ultra MicroSDXC Class 10 Memory Card with SD Adapter only $53.00 on Amazon. When video recording at 1080, you will eat up space quickly. I have been able to record, 16 12 minute clips on the 64GB card.
Jun 6, 2013 by Charles Johnson
vote
I bought the Black Edition. It has a few issues that, I can talk about. Battery overheating camera causing memory card problems and lost of data. Battery will not hold a charge and only last 20-30 minutes. Only one Micro Sd Card works in the Black Edition, that Being Sandisk Ultra Pro 16 gig Micro Sd Card. I tried the Sandisk Ultra 64(a rated 10 card) and it failed, causing a loss in data. Rendered files unreadable by the Go Pro Cineform Software and any video recorded after to the same Disk was missing. Reformatting did recover the Micro Sd Card, but all data was lost. It seems that the battery heating up to extreme temps is creating write to errors. Will shut down recording video without warning, but leaves camera powered on. Patch fix did nothing to fix problems with the Go Pro Black Edition. On paper the specs look great for this new line, but users have a lot of complaints and none of the reviewers are looking at the feedback from users. The move away from SD cards to Micro SD cards and the limited selection of working cards is a major issue. You must use a true class 10 or above rated Micro SD Card in the Hero 3 line up in order to get a working file..
Jul 25, 2013 by rt66west
votes
votes
Not sure what you're asking. The stock battery life is about 2 hours (less if Wifi is on). You'll get about that for HDMI playback. Be sure to get the right HDMI type cable (non-ethernet), as the camera tends to be a bit finicky about what it likes to connect to. I've found that it's often easier to use the USB connection instead, if the monitor provides that.
Mar 17, 2013 by J. R. Conlin
votes
no microphone input unfortunately, but it does have a micro hdmi out for live and replay. (this is an 'action camera' however, I would suggest using a better (less expensive) stationary camera if you plan to monitor what is going on.) If you're just recording what is going on in a room/studio, the mic works pretty well, I have used it for stationary filming and for band practice. for a room setting the audio may be a little low, but it does record decently well. edit: if you're recording stationary, look into mirror less cameras. they have gotten much cheaper the past few years (and this GoPro has gone up from last year). I have an Eos M that I will use for regular recording and the GoPro will be used for racing and other events.
Feb 25, 2015 by ben
votes
It shoots very well in 1080 with a little tweaking. I prefer to use a lower setting for storage reasons, personally. Don't know anything about viewing on 4K.
May 10, 2013 by S. Carlson
votes
You may want to think About an additional battery. Buy these cheap , not from Gopro
Dec 3, 2013 by m Houweling
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers