VINE VOICEon June 25, 2014
I was looking for a small GoPro Hero 3+ case that holds the camera plus a reasonable number of accessories. Trouble is, all the units that are purpose-built for the job come with very specific organizational schemes. Here, the manufacturer built this to hold the camera, two spare batteries, the wifi remote and the LCD back. Of course, like many people I have no use for that particular layout - my iPhone acts as both remote and screen, and I simply don't need 3 batteries just yet. What I do need is space for a different back, some mount accessories, etc.

Well, the good news is that the foam liner is easily adjustable, after which the small case holds a lot of stuff nearly and without squeezing or undue rattling about. I uploaded two pictures to this product page on Amazon to show the modified innards empty AND filled with gear, to give you an idea what you could do with your own kit. With these caveats, highly recommended.
review image review image
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I bought this case for my Hero 4 Silver and really like it. Here's why.

1. This case is perfect for travel. Closed it measures 9" x 7" x 2.75", which is just right to fit in my backpack or bring to the pool, lake or beach. This is well made and durable, and very lightweight.

2. This fits EVERYTHING (doors, mounts, housing, etc.) that came with my Hero 4 Silver--and I still have plenty of room for extra batteries SD Cards, etc.--even my head strap mount. It's great knowing where everything is and not worrying that I might need something that I left behind.

3. This arrives with none of the cutouts removed, so you can customize this. And if you change your mind later on, you can easily put any of the cutouts back in (just remember to save them).

4. This also comes with two foam inserts, one of which I used to make a tighter fit for my Hero 4 case, plus some anti fog strips. Everything is well padded and protected against drops and bumps, and there is an easy to close thick zipper.

Bottom line: A well thought out and designed case. Just the right size for me.
on February 6, 2014
I've traveled through China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, and the Philippines with my GoPro and finally broke down and bought a real case instead of using different pockets in my bag. I've filmed everything from long motorcycle trips to my engagement, sunsets and even waking up once at 430am to catch the sunrise in Thailand... never waking up that early again!

I bought this case for my GoPro Hero 2. I like a smaller case that won't take up too much room and this is the perfect size for me. I've taken this camera around the world on motorcycle and beach trips. I use it in the water, on a motorcycle, or for a sunrise or sunset. It's a good size, durable and can fit in nicely with my travel bags without being too bulky.

The accessories I have include a few extra batteries, mini-tripod, an underwater housing (for Hero 2 you must buy a separate case), a floaty, battery bacpac, a chesty and a head strap.

In the bag I can carry almost everything, though I don't always everything when I travel. I can take the underwater housing and fit it where the remote goes by taking off the floaty and placing the floaty in the backside of the underwater housing. I have 6 batteries and they all fit along with my mini-tripod. If I don't take the underwater housing I can place the bacpac battery in its place. Generally I have the USB cord in a different place with other cords so that's not an issue. I also have a 32gb card and usually travel with a DSLR with another 32gb card so I never use that little slot.

Of course the case does not fit the straps in but I don't use the straps very often. I'm almost always exclusively using my GoPro at the beach or on a motorcycle, so this case really is the perfect size and fit for what I need since I am not always taking all of my gear. Even if I was taking all my gear, the underwater housing can easily be thrown in with other stuff.

Anyways, as one adventure lover to another, I would recommend this!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
This is a great case! It will hold a GoPro camera securely and an abundance of GoPro accessories too! The build quality is excellent and it has a handle as well. This case should fit comfortably inside a backpack or carry-on suitcase. The best part about this case is that it keeps the GoPro and GoPro accessories organized within a centralized location. This is nice, as it helps to better prevent losing the smaller GoPro accessories while traveling. Feel free to also check out my video review and unboxing on the IrixGuy YouTube channel.
on March 22, 2015
After buying my GoPro I then had to decide on a case since there are so many different attachments and accessories to go with it. After much research I decided on the CamKix since it gets great reviews and there are several options. I bought the large case since I figured too big was better than getting a smaller one and then not having enough room.

The case is very solid and appears to be strong but it's not like solid plastic so it's not heavy. The zipper which has two pulls goes around three sides of the case and works very smooth. The hinged area appears to be nylon and well sewn. When you open the case one half is filled completely with hundreds of little pieces of foam all attached lightly together, the other half has two pockets. If you push around on the foam with your finger you can better see the size and number of the individual pieces.
Then comes the decision just how to pull out all the right pieces so all your items fit snuggly into the foam. I began with laying everything I have for my GoPro on the table and then started placing them on the foam in various configurations until it appeared I could make all items fit.

In the beginning I did draw around objects but then realized if I just pulled out a few pieces at a time, rechecked, and then pulled out a few more until I was able to customize each area for the individual component worked great. I also realized early on that using a pair of needle nose pliers work better than big fingers, especially if you only need to remove small numbers of foam at a time. Each foam piece is 3/8"x3/8"x1" deep so it is very possible to make exactly the right opening for any item. There is a solid ½" wide border of foam all the way around the outside edge so you will always have a nice perimeter cushion.

When I was finished I was able to get these items in my CamKix Large case:
1 extra lens
6 various mounting pieces
Thumb screw wrench
Micro SDHC card adaptor

In the two inside pockets I put:
The original flat mount the camera came attached to in the box
2 adhesive mounts
Lens cleaning cloth
USB cable
GoPro owner's manual
Anti-fog inserts

Everything fits nice and snug and the top closes and zips with no extra effort confirming the case is not over packed. Since there is a gap inside between the top and bottom when the lid is closed it seems like things could come out of place but I have not experienced this.

I think the only con I can find is the carrying handle, maybe an optional shoulder strap would be nice. That would free up your hands to shoot videos which this is all about anyway.
review image review image review image
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
This actually is a nice case to keep all your GoPro Hero 1, 2, 3, or 3+, parts and accessories. Before I acquired this case, I was still using the original box of my GoPro Hero 3+ to keep everything in.

Besides a nice way to store everything in, it also makes a great way to take your Go Pro Hero anywhere with you! No need to worry if you have the mounts or straps you need because everything will be in the case.

The exterior of the case is solidly built. Has a durable thick zipper to keep the elements from the outside getting in the case. The inside has a variety of cutout foam (EVA - ethylene vinyl acetate) compartments. My GoPro Hero 3+ does not fit tightly in the camera compartment, but once the case is closed the camera is not going to go anywhere or be damaged. The EVA protects the contents from bumps and drops because of it's high shock absorption.

There is a large mesh pocket that can hold a large variety of accessories like charging cables, cleaning supplies to manuals (because I tend to forget many of the features).

Overall really nice case that anyone with the GoPro Hero editions would appreciate.

Sample provided for review.
TOP 100 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon January 26, 2014
This case is practical for me to keep my GoPro items together and also for travel.

This approximately 8.75" x 7" x 2.75" zipper case has an appropriate super dense EVA foam (extremely firm) inner cutout that allows the camera and accessories to be well placed. If anything is missing, it will become apparent immediately. The case comes with an actual picture of what the parts should look like when placed inside.

On the opposite inside cover there is a a mesh stretch pocket, handy for materials with up to an inch in thickness.

The outer shell of this case is a firm yet semi-collapsible, water repellent material with very little weight.

I have the GoPro Hero 3 and have experienced frustration with keeping the accessories together until receiving this case as a sample. I recommend this case for the camera as it is practical and makes traveling with the camera more convenient.
on July 28, 2014
I bought a number of accessories for my GoPro and wanted something to keep mist of them in. The extra large case was perfect for this because of it customizability. It took me about two hours with a pair of tweezers to finish, but I am very happy with it all now. It was worth the time.
review image
on August 3, 2014
I was looking for a GOPRO case that was actually for a GoPro and I finally found it. At first I bought the larger one to carry more of my accessories and the I decided to get the smaller one just to have for smaller shoots and I love them both. The cases have the cut outs that hold the batteries, sd cards and the camera nice and tight to protect them. It even has an area in the cover to hold the charger, extra lens, and anything else u might want to put there. I highly reccomend this for any GoPro user.....
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Reason for purchase: I was provided with a sample of this product in exchange for my honest feedback and to write a review stating my thoughts after testing. All statements and information in my reviews are comprised of my personal thoughts and opinions. I’m an average consumer so if you’re looking for a professional review on this product you should probably skip this review.

Pros:
1. This is a good quality case. The interior is well designed to be tailored to fitting the current Hero 1, 2 & 3 models but it can also easily be transformed into a very nice and spacious case to fit many things.
2. This is a top notch GoPro case because it was made with the GoPro in mind. The interior has a very nice protective padding with cutouts to fit GoPro accessories and the GoPro. It can fit a GoPro Hero, housings, power plug or remote control, (2) lcd remote battery packs, SD memory cards and fit them all in very tight but easy to remove protective padding. What I listed doesn't include the fact that you can fit even more cables and other accessories in a mesh hold that is fairly spacious.
3. The exterior to the case is also very nice. The texture to the case is a very tightly woven groove that feels premium with a nice color for the overall color. (I bought the blue model). The zipper is a thick, well made zipper and the handle to the zipper is a nice rubber.

Cons:
1. Nothing that I noticed.

Additional Comments:
1. Perfect case for GoPro and great case for many other potential things.

Company that provided me the product: Eco-Fused
Company that shipped the product: Amazon LLC
Shipping time: Item was shipped out promptly in the agreed upon manner.
Was the package secure?: Item arrived safely in secure packaging.

Knowing what I know now, would I buy this product; yes/no?: Yes, I'd buy this product.

I take pride in my reviews. I hope my review was helpful and has provided you quality information and/or an extra prospective to help you with your potential decision. If it helped, please share so it can help others. I hope you have a great rest of days.