5.0 out of 5 stars Great PoV perspective that can provide better footage than a helmet mount
Review updated 2011 Aug 10:

Vs. Helmet mount for mtn biking:

Pros:
- Better PoV perspective which captures more movement of your arms and your gear in action
- Better ground detail
- Better clearance from branches

Cons:
- Can't easily aim it behind you while on the bike and looking back at friends riding a section you...
Published on July 25, 2010 by D. Vu

1.0 out of 5 stars Item not as pictured
This item is not the official GoPro chest mount as pictured. This is a similar, simple black mount. Once I inserted the frame into the mount it got stuck and I could not get it out. Very disappointed in the false advertising and the struggle to remove the frame.
Update: I received an email from the seller (Buyology) with a bribe. They are offering me a $20 Amazon...
Published 17 months ago by MTan

‹ Previous | 16 7 843 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars GoPro Chest Mount Harness, November 4, 2014
This review is from: GoPro Chest Mount Harness for HERO Cameras (Sports)
I used this chest mount when going to Disney World. I wore it on all of the roller coasters and other type of exciting rides and it did a great job. I am a normal size male and it fit me perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful harness, November 7, 2010
This review is from: GoPro Chest Mount Harness for HERO Cameras (Sports)
This harness works well. Very easy to adjust the fit around clothing. It definitely held the GoPro securely.

4.0 out of 5 stars Go for it! Mount Up!, January 17, 2011
M. Menez (Alexandria, VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GoPro Chest Mount Harness for HERO Cameras (Sports)
Came inside a nylon carrying pouch with drawstrings and cinch buttons. This particular mount is a great design! The base plate is a generously large piece of plastic and the large plastic snap buckle and thick adjustable elastic straps make it feel very secure and sturdy for any outdoor activity! I used it for skateboarding on my longboard down huge hills. I aimed my GoPro downward and it stuck right into position. Rock solid adjustability. I haven't bailed on a longboard or snowboard yet, but I feel confident that it will survive some rough stuff...

I just wished my nylon pouch didn't come ripped along the side. It's useless now. That's the only reason why this gets 4 stars, and not 5.

2.0 out of 5 stars Camera looks down not out and quick release won't work, December 8, 2014
This review is from: GoPro Chest Mount Harness for HERO Cameras (Sports)
The strap is really comfortable and the quality is great. However, I have two major complaints. One is the quick release absolutely will not come out so I have to unscrew the camera which takes more time. I had planned to swim with the strap and remove the camera for hand-held photos when sharks or dolphins show up.
Second, the camera tips down when mounted to the strap. When I ride my motorcycle the view is of the gas tank looking down not the road looking out. The camera will only look out when screwed upside down but I didn't really want to waste time flipping all my videos on the computer. I think I'll send this one back and try an off-brand.

5.0 out of 5 stars I compared mine to a friend of brand on and the GoPro harness is better quality for sure, September 18, 2014
This review is from: GoPro Chest Mount Harness for HERO Cameras (Sports)
The GoPro Chest Mount Harness works really well. I compared mine to a friend of brand on and the GoPro harness is better quality for sure. I my opinion the Chest Mount is one of the better view for motorsports. I like to ride dirt bikes, snowmobile and mountain bike and it cool seeing the controls. The really convenient thing about this product is you can adjust it on the fly... it's always a bummer when you get home to take a look at your video and find out you have captured and excellent view of the sky or the top of your helmet... I highly suggest this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, but the fit is a little tight for muscular men/women, July 26, 2014
This review is from: GoPro Chest Mount Harness for HERO Cameras (Sports)
This is exactly what I was looking for. I was hesitant at first about the legitimacy of the products, but they are in fact made by GoPro. They also have the GoPro packaging. The only reason I gave this 4 stars was because of the fit. I would give it 4.5 stars if I could. My build is a muscular upper body. If you have a stocky build, this is going to be a snug fit. I would like to be able to let the mount fit lower on the chest, just underneath the pectorals. It's definitely something I can get over, but just thought I'd let you know. Great product otherwise!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT VIEW POINT, August 6, 2014
This review is from: GoPro Chest Mount Harness for HERO Cameras (Sports)
This is a great spot to put the camera and I prefer this more than a head mount in 80% of the situations. I mean the only situation this isn't good in is skydiving since you are on your stomach looking up and swimming it's ok depending on what angle your trying to get (I prefer the telescoping pole). But for your motorcycles, hiking, biking, running, it's amazing. I've used it for the past year and I haven't had any problems. I do not use it daily but I use it several times a year and there is no weak spot that I can even see on it as of yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mount Chesty Upside down for better biking videos, October 10, 2014
This review is from: GoPro Chest Mount Harness for HERO Cameras (Sports)
Very comfortable, fits great. I'm 6'6" and had no issues wearing it on a recent biking trip. Make sure you mount and set your GoPro up upside down for biking videos (you'll get less arms and a better perspective of the trail). The way it came pointed to far down and you got too much bike and bar and long arms in the video. You have more flexibility and angle available to you if both mounted upside down.

Side note. Disappointed that the GoPro 3 Black battery dies so quickly. Much sooner than my Original GoPro.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, August 13, 2014
This review is from: GoPro Chest Mount Harness for HERO Cameras (Sports)
Excellent! Bought this for a Faux Pro and it fits perfectly on it even though it is not an official GoPro. Used it while zip lining on Maui on the 3rd longest zip line in the U.S.! Luckily, my Faux Pro came with every single accessory and mount imaginable so I had no problems choosing the best mount for this chest harness. Fits comfortably and easy to use. Highly recommended if you like to do extreme sports and don't have an extra hand to hold onto a camera...

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly comfortable and a good "POV" for your GoPro, March 9, 2013
Andrew Knight (Waterville Valley, NH) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GoPro Chest Mount Harness for HERO Cameras (Sports)
We recently purchased a GoPro Hero3 Silver, and bought the chesty harness to go along with it. In our early experiments, the Chesty produced a smoother POV than a helmet mount, though it is subject to vibration and "swinging" if you are very active with your torso (I notice it a lot when skiing at very high speeds, when my lower body is "penduluming" back and forth -- the camera angle switches back and forth in alternate 30-degree tilts... kinda dizzying after a while).

The harness itself is comfortable to wear over heavy winter clothing -- and that's saying something, because I am 6' 1" and 225 pounds, with a 46" chest. Chances are if it fits me, it'll fit you.

I think there are probably applications when the Chesty is optimal, and I am glad we have it in our quiver... that said, you could probably do fine without it unless you're a serious hobbyist.

‹ Previous | 16 7 843 | Next ›