Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

10,664
Style: Chest Mount|Change

on November 11, 2013
I just baught this item; still being tested for durability, but funtionality is outstanding. I've been using the GoPro series for the last couple of years. I love the XShot 2.0 for what it does (check it out for your GoPro accessories). Specific to the Jaws item here, I use it strictly for BIKING (road biking). I have a permenant item already attached, but I can't get really good shots regarding (only straight away). I always thought if GoPro came out with something that allows MOBILITY (moving the camera angle, WITHOUT stopping in motion), well, here it is!! I tested the item on angle shots, shots on the move while in motion, rear shots (cars coming up behind you), front views, and various other views. I biked for a couple of hours and wanted to see the various angle views that I can capture, this item does it well !!

It's built solid, durable, glamps on various functional ways. Holds the firm position as you angle the arm. My only concern is, will it last (WILL THE POSITION HOLD AS YOU MOVE THE ARM, OR WILL IT START TO SLACK????? I am an avid long distance road rider, I will put this item to the test !!! I normally do day rides over a 100 miles in distance, Century rider, and multi day rider, this item will be test on the bike :) I have 4 batteries, and am able to use the GoPro for safety AND documenting my adventures with family and myself on the road.

I have not used it yet for any other items, otherthan on the ROAD BIKE. Buy the item, you will not regret it for your GoPro accessories (this was the missing link with me), I feel like my accessories are now complete. (it does vibrate a bit though, can't be prevented, the stem is built firm.)
44 comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 14, 2014
I'm a big fan of GoPro and have several cameras, and almost all of their various mounts. So I was happy to see that they had finally come out with this harness.

Then I got it. I've used it twice, and to put it bluntly, this is a product that should have never seen the light of day in its current form. And I would love to know what kind of testing this was put through.

Don't get me wrong; when compared to the other harness I have (Kurgo) it provides a relatively stable platform for shooting from your dog's back. Provided, of course, your dog doesn't do anything crazy....like running, or swimming, or God forbid, shaking itself after it gets out of the water. Or, you know, just shakes itself because that's what dogs do.

And if THAT happens, then you can be like me and wade into a river to retrieve the harness that she shook loose. I've already lost one GoPro attached to a drone; seeing another one float down the river because my dog shook out of her harness? Pass.

Here are the specifics of why this thing sucks and I will be sending it back after two uses. The first one was yesterday, when I took her swimming, and found that I had to put her front legs back through the front straps when she came back to shore because of all that crazy swimming thing. So I thought, "Okay, then we'll only use if for our walks by the river." And then I got to go wading, so no, it's no good for walking either.

But being a former product manager, I know that in order to make this thing better than the abortion it is now, I need to provide specifics.

Let's start with the hook and loop idea for closures. Again, this would be ideal for the discerning dog prancing at Westminster I guess, but for a dog who is running back and forth, twisting and generally acting like a dog, this type of closure is guaranteed to come off. And that shaking thing is a guarantee that at least the belly band is going to come off.

Then there's the idea of using elastic material for every strap. Again, if your dog walks in a perfectly straight line and doesn't do anything whack like do a 180 because there's a wonderful smell, or there's another dog nearby, then you will probably be okay. In fact, as I think about it maybe GoPro should market this as an accessory for the urban dog on the go, the poodle that's on its way to its grooming maybe. Otherwise, in a fairly short period of time the harness has slid all the way down to just above the tail.

The friction binding of the hooks keeps the straps from loosening...as long as none of those conditions I just described apply. Or if you can teach your dog to hold its breath for several minutes at a time; you can always retighten them between takes I guess.

The strap placement seems pretty awkward to me, although when I asked my Yellow Lab she really didn't say much. But with that bellyband, if your dog has a very deep but relatively narrow chest, it seems to be a given that it is going to slide down to just under the ribcage. And, again, while she doesn't say much, the way she was walking around all hunched up looking like a greyhound needing to do its business makes me think that it's probably not that comfortable.

All in all this seems very much like a product GoPro threw together on a desktop machine, said, "Looks good", and then threw it out onto the market. But it's not only not ready for primetime, I can't even recommend it for late night infomercial time.

Sorry.
55 comments| 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 12, 2015
It is definitely more beefy than the standard housing, and is rating for greater depth (of course). It fits both the hero 4 black and silver, but on the silver (with the integrated LCD screen on the back), the housing is less than ideal because of the thick strip slicing through the middle of the LCD. If you bought the hero 4 silver mostly for the LCD, this housing will annoy you (see the attached photo). Though if you are using a hero 4 or hero 3+ with a bacpac LCD, the supplied additional backdoor that comes with it has well-placed strips on the side of the LCD.

Other than for hero 4 silver owners who want to see the LCD screen, it is a nice sturdy fit for the camera.
review image
on September 2, 2014
In February of 2013 I posted a video of my Dog "Freyja" to the Gopro FB playing fetch in the waters of Hawaii. She was wearing a homemade gopro dog harness and the video ended up being the most successful viral video I have ever been a part of. It was only 10K likes and hundreds of comments but needless to say I was proud that my dogs brought that much enjoyment to others. A news company even contacted me to try and get rights to the video. Recently I saw this harness came out and I was beyond stoked. I have been using my homemade harness for the past two years and this one just looked nicer and more professional.

Unfortunately, looking good is all this thing can really do. It is a useless harness that merely holds the camera to a dog. Dont expect your dog to be able to do much with it on. It shakes constantly and will never yield good video results. I wish I got a copyright when I made the harness the first time a few years ago. I don't want money but I want this thing to be made correctly. As of right now its just a scam. You cannot get good video with it on unless your dog is boring. The mount just does not have the needed surface area to stay steady. However, you can purchase this mount and sew it to a reliable dog vest to get much better results.

In my opinion, just make one yourself and dont waste your money on this thing.

Respectfully,
a dog enthusiast who spends all his free time recording his dogs doing amazing things.

This is literally the only thing I have ever been compelled to write a negative review on.

Half a star worthy because it at least looks cool.
1414 comments| 86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 10, 2011
An essential piece to my camera bag, since I plan to do as much video production with my GoPro as possible.

However...

I've heard people complain about having to pay for this tripod mount. Since GoPro is mainly used for action sport/activities where the camera is attached to the person or vehicle, it wouldn't really make sense to add this piece to the already generous slew of mounts that come with the camera. If you're planning on doing videography where the tripod is the camera's main resting place, then the GoPro camera isn't really for you in the first place. This is just something handy to have if the need arises. Not all will use it.

The tripod mount is made of the same high quality plastic as the rest of the mounts -- not much to tell. It does what it does.

However, I have reduced the review from 5 stars to 4 stars because it does not come with the nut you screw into. All the other mounts have their own nut, so I'm not sure why the tripod mount does not come with one.
55 comments| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 19, 2014
The Go Pro Junior chest mount dries out quickly when used in the water, is easy to adjust, works in the water with no problem. It fit all the kids on my son's 6 year old soccer team. However, we put it on an 8 year old girl who is a bit more round and it fit but didn't have much more room for a larger child so if that is your situation, go with the adult version. Also, can hear the heartbeat of the wearer (which I thought was sweet since it is my child).
on March 2, 2011
This is great for attaching the camera to a vertical bar, but not so great for a horizontal roll bar unless you want to mount the camera sideways. To use it on a horizontal bar, you have to attach two extension arms, which result in increased vibration and camera wobble.

For the most vibration and wobble free video from a horizontal rollbar like you find inside a car, get the $8GoPro Tripod Mount for HERO Cameras instead, and attach it to the rollbar using a Bogen - Manfrotto Super Clamp with Standard Stud.
on July 1, 2015
I haven't used them yet, they just showed up, but I am concerned they are not actual GoPro products, the adhesive is not stuck on the mounts and the buckles do not have the GoPro logo. All others that I have bought that said they were made/sold by GoPro usually have the logo on them. The picture of the product has the GoPro logo, and that was why I bought it. The 3M pad for the curved mount is bent and creased. Slightly confused.
review image review image
on January 10, 2015
Harness detached in the snow the first time used. Go Pro and it's accessories are marketed as being for active lifestyles and activities. Being Go Pro brand, you would assume the harness is just as secure as the other camera pieces. The clip that the camera clips into is VERY sturdy and secure. This gives you false hope. The hooks holding the harness onto your dog are a joke. They are open hooks and slide right off the straps. Not secure at all. What is the point in making sure the camera is tightly secured to the harness when the harness cannot be tightly secured to your dog?
I would show a picture or video of this issue but I no longer have my harness or my Go Pro because of it. Both are lost in the snow in the woods. Thank you for costing me $300+ because of a poorly made product. I wish more of these 1 star reviews were rated as "most helpful" so more people could see them before making the decision to use this product.
on December 28, 2013
I use this to attach my Gopro3 on my snowboard. Even though I wipe out pretty bad on occasion, the mount never moves. Very high quality. Highly configurable with additional (included) parts
55 comments| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse