Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale

Color: blackChange

on February 3, 2013
I bought the 'frame' for my hero 3 because I do most of my shooting above water, and the frame holder is a good deal smaller and lighter than the Hero 3's water proof case. It is plastic and includes a lens cap as well as 2 additional sticky mounts. There are really 2 holders in the box one for a hero 3 and one for a hero 3 with a backpack upgrade. You also receive an extra buckle mount so if you have 2 hero 3's (one with a backpack and one with out) you can easily mount both cameras at the same time with what is included in this set.

If you use your gopro camera around the water this new holder will do you little or no good. Some other benefits of the frame is that it allows the built in mics to recorder better sound, and users have instant access to the USB 2.0 jack but not to the mini HDMI jack or the micro SD card slot. Given the price and the fact this is in a sense a down grade from the water proof case included with every gopro this is not for everyone. But if you use the gopro primarily on land or as a secondary camera for video production this may be for you.
0Comment34 of 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2013
Most people thing that GoPro cameras are ONLY for serious action/motorsports environments. Yes, they do excel there, but I find myself using my Hero3 Black for a lot of other things as well.

I purchased this Naked Frame Mount for my family's recent trip to Disney World. I mounted the camera in this frame at the end of an extendable mono-pod. I carried the whole rig in the pocket of my cargo shorts, and pulled it out every time I needed to capture some action. With the GoPro set at 1080p 30fps, and capturing a 12mp image every 5-seconds, I got 90% of our best images from this trip. Sound quality was the biggest improvement over the standard enclosure, but it kept the size down enough that the convenience factor was there, too...

Now I will own images and movies of my 4yo's first Disney World experience forever... Shots I never would have got had I relied on traditional photography gear.

It's nice that the battery door is also accessible without having to remove the camera from the case. I was burning through 3 standard battery packs each day, so the quick-change was nice. Yes, I could have used the battery back-pack and extended the lift, but then the small form factor would have gone away.

I'd buy it again...
33 comments20 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 22, 2013
There are two (2) gopro open frames with this., One is for just the camera, one is for the camera and an LCD BacPac if you have one.
IT comes with both strait and curved adhesive back mounts, another long mounting screw (most are shorter and meant for extensions) and one extra clip
I got it for use as a dashboard cam where I could plug in an external power source and mic. This is just perfect. I windshield mounted the flat adhesive back mount, and used the other parts to make it fit neatly in front of the rear view mirror.
At a cross section stop light, my camera can see off to both sides for oncoming traffic .
11 comment14 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 6, 2013
This is a very nice accessory for the camera especially if you want better sound tracking with your video. I like the idea of being able to plug in the battery charger to my car acc. outlet and record while driving. It is a well made piece but I'm always concerned I'm going to break it when taking the camera out of the frame, so far so good. I would recommend this item.
on August 9, 2013
This is a great mount for the Hero3 Black Edition that I got it for.
For what it is, I didn't like paying so much, but you can't find anything else like it.
Kept my Hero3 very secure during some fast action video captures so It is worth it I guess.
Love my Hero3.
11 comment7 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2014
It fits perfectly in the gopro hero 3+. I like that has access for the usb connection for the audio
on March 25, 2014
Perfect for filming without the waterproof casing to get the most sound out of your camera. For this price how can you say no? It was 1/4 of the price of the one sold on the Gopro website and works just as well. I recommend highly.
on April 27, 2013
When you just don't need the bulky perspex case this is perfect. There's two in the box, one for the camera alone and the other for when it's wearing an lcd bacpac or additional battery.

Holds the camera solid and retains ease of use and ability to plug in whilst in the case for use in the car.

Great frame. Can't imagine why everyone wouldn't get one.
on October 30, 2013
Frame is ok, don't kwon how long will last cause looks a little fragile, when you mount it in the cam it feels like is gonna break, but so far so good. 19.99 for the two is ok but I wouldn't pay full price, is too expensive for a piece of cheap plastic.
on December 6, 2013
Original & comes with lens cap, also with 2 frames one for the backpacks...A good product for $16 I love it makes my recording sound better.