5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Comfortable
Published on July 19, 2010 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as dependable as I expected.
Published on February 15, 2011 by Klondike Kid

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Comfortable, July 19, 2010
This review is from: GoPro Head Strap Mount (Camera)
I purchased this mount with the intention of using it this coming winter while skiing. However I had the chance to use it during a recent river rafting trip. Over the course of the 4 hours I had it on my head, not once did it bother me. By the end of the trip I forgot I was wearing it (maybe that's partially due to having had a few beers that day too). The strap is comfortable and the fact that its so wide prevents that feeling that plastic grocery bags give to your fingers when you are carrying something heavy.

One tip: Practice with the strap on your head before using it the first time. The camera needs to be pointed down at a greater angle than you would initially suspect. Its not a flaw of the product, just my perception. After one adjustment I was able to easily simulate a first-person view instead of having 80% sky in every picture. Total adjustment and testing time was less than 5 minutes but required a computer or TV to verify recordings - so do this at home before starting your activity.

5.0 out of 5 stars You forget you have it on your head!, August 22, 2010
This review is from: GoPro Head Strap Mount (Camera)
I love this head strap and the videos you get to record with it. I'm a student pilot and I use it for recording my flights. It's very comfortable and I get to use it without any problem along with my headsets and sunglasses. The first times you feel your head a little bit heavy (because of the camera weight) but then you get used.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as dependable as I expected., February 15, 2011
This review is from: GoPro Head Strap Mount (Camera)
The GoPro HD Hero I have is a lot of fun to use and record my activities from cross-country skiing to riding ATVs and boating. The head strap mount for the camera is a necessity for mounting the camera on your head when you won't be wearing a helmet of any kind that you can stick other styles of mounts to. If you have very short hair this head band will hold fairly well unless you are doing a lot of bouncing around and shaking. If you have longer hair as I do its almost impossible to get this band to grip well. The loose hair makes the band slip. I've solved this problem by attaching a light cord from each side and tie them together in a bow knot under my chin. This chin strap prevents the head band from wanting to slide up on your hair. It also adds 100% safety insurance that it won't come off and smack the ground by accident if you are moving your head around quite a bit or very quickly.

I did see a different brand POV camera unit actually mounted on the top of the bill of a baseball cap. I think the GoPro camera might be adaptable to mounting on the hat brim using one of the sticky plate mounts and perhaps two tiny screws and nuts through the brim to keep it there. Worth a try especially if you wear baseball caps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, December 25, 2012
This review is from: GoPro Head Strap Mount (Camera)
I used this snorkeling in the Domincan Republic and it was great. It fit tightly and I didn't have to worry if it would slip off. It was uncomforatable at first but after a while I forgot it was on.

5.0 out of 5 stars great stuff, October 16, 2011
This review is from: GoPro Head Strap Mount (Camera)
I used this during an obstacle course race. It stayed on through wall climbs, river crossing, a giant cargo net as well as miles of running and mud pits and barbed wire. I really put it through the paces and it never slipped up or fell off. I actually forgot i was wearing it once i got into the race. Id definitely recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, May 1, 2010
This review is from: GoPro Head Strap Mount (Camera)
High quality material, easy to use, believe me this is what you are looking for. 10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Like a part of my head, March 12, 2013
This review is from: GoPro Head Strap Mount (Camera)
This product is amazing. It fits like a part of my head. I strongly recommend this! (I got so much attention from people. Get ready to answer some questions from people you do not know!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Head strap for GoPRo, July 1, 2010
This review is from: GoPro Head Strap Mount (Camera)
Awesome! Get's a unique view and stays on tight. Can be oriented to point in any direction.

2.0 out of 5 stars Lost my camera - DESIGN NEEDS A CHIN STRAP!!!!, April 22, 2012
This review is from: GoPro Head Strap Mount (Camera)
4/26/2012 Update: Just wanted to inform everyone that GoPro came through and helped me out after my camera got lost. I'm very pleased with their assistance and they now have a customer for life due to the actions of their customer support. A little understanding goes a long way. I still hope that they add a chin strap to future revisions of the headstrap.
__________________

I've been very satisfied with all my GoPro purchases aside from this strap. It's a great idea, the quality is good, the fit is fine, but the design is just not secure without a chin strap. I used it for the first time yesterday while kiteboarding and in not more than 5 minutes it fell off my head and sank along with my precious camera. I worried that this might happen but didn't have the time to make the necessary modification so I just tied my elastic cinch strap from my wetsuit hoodie to the headstrap. Apparently the slickiness of the hoodie cord (maybe combined with water) got it to where it worked itself lose.

My recommendation if you buy this and plan to use it for more than walking around the yard... make a chin strap for it and maybe even add a tether to the camera as a backup.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, July 30, 2013
This review is from: GoPro Head Strap Mount (Camera)
This is a great mount for a lot of various activities, its not recommend for super action sports but i don't see why you couldn't use it for that. Only thing that's a weird about it, you look funny wearing it if you have longer hair.. but that doesn't take away from the product at all. I use it on my Go-pro Hero (Original) and it works perfect. I have the LCD bacpac for mine and its very difficult to use the head-strap with the mount because it sticks off the back and points the camera towards the ground.

GoPro Head Strap Mount
$14.99 $9.99
In stock. Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.
Rate and Discover Movies