Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

Size: One Size|Color: black|Change

on June 25, 2012
I bought one of these to mount my GoPro camera to my bicycle handlebars. I bike almost exclusively on the streets of New York City for recreation and commuting. For a few weeks it worked, but often came loose. I had to keep tightening it to keep it in the same position. I eventually wrapped some electrical tape around the handlebar to give the mount more to grab on to. That improved things a great deal, but not perfectly.

Then one day the mount broke. The plastic piece that allows the camera to be mounted 90 degrees rotated from the mount itself just snapped. The camera just popped off my bike. Luckily I noticed and picked the camera up off the ground. It was safe in the shell, but the mount was toasted. I filed a ticket with GoPro, and they replaced the broken piece free of charge.

Just days after getting the new piece the camera broke again. I didn't even realize it at the time. I actually had to backtrack five blocks and was lucky to find my camera at all. Of course, the camera was destroyed. I guess it had been run over by a truck, because it definitely sustained more damage than just falling off my bike. GoPro would not give me a replacement camera, but they gave me %50 off a new camera and also one free mounting accessory of my choice.

I opted to get a wrist mount and order a third party mount made of metal for my bicycle. There is a reason these third party mounts made of metal exist. It is because the official GoPro plastic mounts are awful. The camera is terrific, but do not get this thing. It can't even survive non-competetive city bicycling let along the more extreme sports GoPro is known for filming.

Also, make sure no matter what mount you use that you have some sort of additional tether. That way if the mount breaks, you will not lose your camera.
77 comments| 142 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 29, 2013
I commute 20+ miles daily via bicycle and keep a GoPro mounted onto my handle bars. I've had two of these break in the last six months, resulting in a complete detachment of the GoPro housing. Both times were during normal operation on paved roads. I'm guessing it doesn't handle prolonged periods of vibration. Very disappointed.
on April 23, 2012
Not the same product as what's in the photo. Image shows pieces that include the suction mount and some other pieces, so if your not specifically reading the actual title of what you're buying your assumption that you're getting what's in the image will be significantly wrong.
on January 9, 2010
When using this to mount my GoPro camera, one of the sections broke due to a fatigue failure of the plastic. The problem is caused by the camera vibrating at the end of the bracket causing it to eventually break. I now need to replace the mount and the camera housing. Amazingly the camera still works after flying off my bike at 60 mph. One other problem is the screws that are inside the adjusting knob will sometimes not spin with the knob when trying to tighten the bracket. I solve this by carrying a small screwdriver with me when using the mount but it's one more thing I need to take with me.
44 comments| 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 19, 2010
I've been using this mount on my handlebars, but due to the shape of my bars I cannot locate this mount where it doesn't point the camera at too much of an angle off to the sides of the road. The mount really needs a left-to-right swivel point to adjust for this. Otherwise a good mount, stable and easy to secure.
on August 27, 2008
The product works as expected.
What you get is the clamp that will fit most handlebars and seatposts and two extensions of different lengths. The only con is that it doesn't come with rubber strips that most bicycle accesories come with to help hold the clamp in place.
At first the clamp slipped on the bar no matter how tight I made it, adding a strip of rubber fixed that problem. While riding the camera seems to vibrate a lot but on reviewing the videos the images were as good as one would expect. I took videos while riding both on and off road and was pleased with the results.
Audio is horrible when using this product. The vibrations cause a constant buzzing that gets very irritating during playback. But this isn't a big issue as I think most people would dub their videos with either music or commentary anyway.
If you own a gopro helmet or motosport camera this is a handy and reccomended accessory.
If you only own the basic wriststrap gopro you'll need to buy the helmet/motosport housing to use this accessory.
on January 17, 2012
I lost my Hero during a mountain bike ride due to the handle bar mount breaking. I didn't notice that it was lost until almost the end of my ride. I went back through the trails but didn't find it. I also noticed that another part of the mount which I've used only once to mount it on my seat post was also coming apart. I did not crash or anything, but I guess the constant vibration caused the plastic mounts to eventually break. But aren't these cameras and mounts suppose to withstand such abuse? They advertise it as a go anywhere film your crazy rides and stunts camera. So I am very dissappointed at Gopro for not properly designing their mounts and/or not using the proper materials. Their support is also very slow and unresponsive. I couldn't find a phone number on their site but just an online form.

I'm a mountain biker and I got the gopro Hero2 outdoor edition to film my rides. I've had it for about a week. The camera itself is awesome. Really smooth and sharp HD footage. Although for some reason when left on to continually record, the numbering of the files go out of sync.

I was thinking about buying a new one but until I know that they've addressed the mount issue i'm staying away. I'd rather be focused on the trail rather than constantly looking down to make sure my GoPro is still there!

Oh Gopro Hero, it was fun for the 1 week I had you :(
on January 13, 2013
Save yourself the time, money and frustration... buy the GoPro RAM mount set-up. The first long distance trip I took using this mount was the last as every plastic arm that holds the camera broke (their are several plastic pieces so you can angle and adjust as needed, eventually they all broke). The plastic is not strong enough to withstand regular road vibration when attached to the handlebar. I almost lost my GoPro camera twice. By the time I got to my destination (The Tail of the Dragon, Hwy 129), I had to buy a bag of GoPro spare parts in the gift shop to be able to use my camera again. Luckily they had replacement parts, unfortunately I had to spend money replacing the crap so I could use my camera while on some awesome mountain roads. I bought the RAM mount version as soon as I got home.
on February 22, 2011
This mount is probably OK for a road bike or somebody who rides their Mountain Bike on smooth dirt but once you hit anything rough it's worthless. I expected alot of vibration and noise, what I wasn't expecting was that there is no way to tighten it enough to keep upright, heck to keep it on the handlebars at all. I had it tight enough that I was afraid of breaking the plastic and the camera still fell over regularly. Ultimately the whole mount found itself upside down. If this was metal and had grooves or something rough to create friction it'd be great. Anyway, road bike, great, MTB bad. Get the helmet or chest mount instead. Those are both great.
on January 9, 2014
I purchased this item expecting to get the GoPro brand part, but did not. If I had received the GoPro brand item that I had expected, I'd gladly give it 4 stars, or possibly 5.

The item sold by amazon was out of stock by the time I checked out so they switched it with the part sold by another seller and possibly manufactured by them. The packaging was simply a clear bag with a sticker from the seller on it. The quality of the part is yet to be tested, but it looks similar and feels very comparable, but it shipped from China so it took an extra 2 weeks to get compared with the rest of my order. I am not unhappy with the part, yet, just not happy getting a knock off instead of the real item.

Tip: If you want a true GoPro item, be sure to check the listing carefully. If you don't mind having another brand part with similar function, this part is likely to be fine.