Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

Color: Black|Size: One Size|Change

on November 22, 2011
bought this product regardless of what the previous reviews are. I got this item today and i have put it on my helmet. Works pretty well and stable, and i like it!, i don't know why people are saying that this is not working, so i decided to post a video on how to install it. The reason why i gave it a 4 star is because my top helmet was pointed not curved, but what i did was i just tighten it up a lil' more so that it would hold the camera better.

this is a great item for curved vented bike helmet and also good for pointed helmet like mine.

this is for "VENTED" bike helmets not on your head or non vented helmets :)
44 comments|57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 25, 2013
The strap we received through Amazon from HelloCart is not the Go Pro-branded model shown in the pictures.

There is no pad on the bottom. The straps are too short to easily mount to a helmet. There are not cam buckles as shown in the picture - instead, there are simple figure-8 buckles which make attaching this mount a science project headache. This is a bad knock-off.

Does anyone else feel like the number of counterfeits on Amazon have increased dramatically over the past 6 months?
33 comments|20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 30, 2011
The GoPro Vented Helmet Strap is lightweight, tight, and does exactly what it's supposed to do. You thread the straps through the loops of your helmet, tighten the straps and clamp, and then attach the camera. I mountain bike over rough terrain and I've never had a problem with the straps getting loose at all. I don't even take off the straps when I'm not using the camera as it doesn't even feel like it's there.

Where on your helmet that you can put the straps through depends on where your vents are. I recommend that you tilt your camera down just a tad because otherwise you'll be looking at mostly sky. It helps to have someone else check the angling of your camera while you ride, or to check with the LCD bacopac. I've also done videos with the camera facing backwards for some cool backwards shots.
on December 28, 2013
The item I received from HelloCart is not made by GoPro. It is a counterfeit, and has a completely different design from GoPro's mount. It lacks buckles (that GoPro's has), therefore the mount cannot be secured tightly.

I recommend you to avoid HelloCart, and also to carefully choose the seller you're buying from.
review image review image review image
on May 13, 2014
This is pretty neat. It actually holds very securely. I used it on my helmet (which is generally annoying because the camera adds weight). But, it also allows me to use on my bike as well. I just mount it by tying it to my aero bars (if you don't have aero bars this won't work), and it holds securely with minimal bumpiness. Video comes out smooth on my Hero3+ Black
on June 17, 2014
I watched a youtube video on how to attach this to the helmet (everyone's review said it was too short -- they must have been doing something wrong.) I have a standard bicycle helmet. I attached, with ease, exactly as the youtube video guy said to do, and it worked perfectly. No jolts, no loosening. My very first attempt at using my GoPro was a 40 mi bike tour of NYC and my videos were awesome! Great accessory!!!!
on July 20, 2015
This mount is way easier to fit than the non-GoPro helmet strap mounts because of the operation of the buckles. The buckles allow you to really sinch this to your helmet without worry about loosing your camera.

If the price were a bit lower I'd give it 5 stars.
on January 7, 2014
I ordered this since it was $7.50 with free shipping instead of the $15 prime from Amazon, now I wish I didn't. Shipping is going to take 2-3 WEEKS after ordering it, and just checked the tracking and it is coming from China. I wish this was clearly stated in the description; if it was I would had spent the extra $7.50 on the real deal and would be using it for over a week now. I'll probably order another one and keep this as a spare.

Update: I received the item in a decent amount of time, however, this is a knock off. It doesn't have those clamping buckles like the picture shows, just the loop type buckles which loosen up too easily.

Garbage.
on April 2, 2015
This is a GoPro brand accessory, and is exactly what it claims to be. I have it mounted on my bike helmet and it is secure and easy to mount.

I wish there were a way to secure the free ends of the straps so they didn't flap in the breeze, but other than that, it is just about perfect.
on January 12, 2014
Beaware of the ones that are being sold for around $7-$8 on here. My order was bought by HelloCart, which was a useless knock off. The straps dont stay taut so it comes loose while you're riding. The GoPro mounting clip also does not fit on the knock off, so it just gets stuck and becomes near impossible to remove. I think the original one is probably near the retail price. DO NOT BUY THE KNOCK OFF!!!