5.0 out of 5 stars New Quickclip Is Better Than Old Screw It
Nice upgrade from the previous model, no more screw and screw to mount and un mount. Great for first person viewing angles. Nice wide band is comfortable, and you will forget you have it on after five minutes (you will still feel the camera weight just not the band around your head).
Published 9 months ago by Professor H

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't go near the water
Bought this to put over my helmet on a rafting trip. First time I went in the water (jumping in a calm section, no thrashing rapids) it slipped right off my head and I lost the camera. I'll take the blame for being careless, but this head strap lasted 1 second in the water.

Top top it off, the exact same thing happened to someone else in a different boat on the...
Published 3 months ago by Adam Gillan

5.0 out of 5 stars New Quickclip Is Better Than Old Screw It, November 10, 2013
This review is from: GoPro Headstrap Mount + Quick Clip (Electronics)
Can be used on your bare noggin, caps, helmets, etc. Works good for high speeds, and also underwater. Not really meant for impact sports, but I have tried and it will work pretty good unless your head takes a direct hit, or the sudden impact shifts the camera.
Head Strap is fully adjustable to fit all size heads.
QuickClip allows you to attach your GoPro to a backwards baseball cap or any 3mm to 10mm thick object.
Get this and let the fun begin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful for First-Person Filming, March 26, 2014
This review is from: GoPro Headstrap Mount + Quick Clip (Electronics)
I'm the principle cinematographer for TitleMine, a new web series and YouTube channel that chronicles a math teacher as she travels the country buying and flip exotic cars for profit. Like any professional automotive channel, we use a lot of Hero 3+ black cameras for exterior rolling shots, and a variety of mounts for them.

But an issue came up: We wanted to get a relatively novel extend shot of a hill climb from the POV of the driver of our Dodge Viper ACR. We couldn't use the DSLR setup that we use for traditional filming; the ACR's cockpit is very tight with a low ceiling, driving with one of those in front of you or anywhere near your head would be virtually impossible. This head strap was the solution.

Robustly stitched with thick, expensive feeling plastic buckles and mounting hinge, the head strap is quick and easy to fit on anybody, and mounting the incredible Hero 3+ Black to the front allowed us to get the raw footage out of protune mode that made for a thrilling, immerseive experience. The footage should be released in a few weeks.

Additionally, we were able to take advantage of the enormous amount of snow this winter to take the head strap snowboarding, and it did very well. Even after jumps resulting in about 15-foot elevation changes on impact, the camera stayed tight in its mount and didn't fall forward, and the rubber-backed headband stayed tightly affixed to the rider. The only unfortunate thing about this mount is that it cannot be worn comfortably under a helmet, or securely over one, but you can remedy that easily because each GoPro box includes a bunch of adhesive helmet mounts for the camera that you can use for racing or snowboarding/skiing/skydiving.

There is an included clip to mount the camera at a different point on the head strap, or to a belt or something. It seems to work well, but we haven't used it for a shoot yet.

One tip for buyers: Use your GoPro LCD or smartphone app with the onboard wifi to properly adjust the camera before every shoot. This is more necessary here than when using the GoPro on the side of a car or something, because the camera needs to be angled down towards your feet to a counter-intuitively high degree to get a natural looking "first person view" from its mounting point.

Pros: Works as advertised, well made, comfortable.

Cons: None.

Verdict: Great buy

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent POV solution for GoPro cameras, November 25, 2013
This review is from: GoPro Headstrap Mount + Quick Clip (Electronics)
Sure, you'll look like a dork with this strap on your head and the GoPro camera mounted on it... but you won't care about that when you see the great POV footage that you are able to capture, and when you realize that the headstrap mount is very durable and reliable.

Adjustable to fit most anyone, the strap is very secure and will not let you lose or drop your valuable camera. It is also easy to wear over a hat, which is my preferred way. The adjustments to tilt the camera are excellent and make this mount truly valuable. Perfect for situations when you want that POV footage and don't have another mounting solution available. Folds down very compactly and is easy to keep with you at all times.

The Quick-Clip is a great little idea, and it was the reason I bought this set. Its stated purpose is to attach to the lower rim of a cap, like a baseball cap worn backwards. But it has many other possible uses, and increases the versatility of use for your GoPro camera. I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Mount, December 24, 2013
This review is from: GoPro Headstrap Mount + Quick Clip (Electronics)
i shoot a ton of fishing videos and i wanted something more comfortable then the had strap to use to film my view. The quick clip is the way to go. It's very secure and you don't even notice you are wearing it.

4.0 out of 5 stars good product, March 30, 2014
Steve Chang (Torrance, Ca United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GoPro Headstrap Mount + Quick Clip (Electronics)
I took this on a trip to thailand and cambodia and was surprised that i used the quick clip more often than the headstrap. The headstrap needs to be used with a hat or else it makes my hair looks funny. ha ha. The quick clip was great because i was able to clip it to my hat.. quickly, as well as my backpack straps (like a chest mount).

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well at a fraction of the cost, April 17, 2014
Martinjm (Washington, D.C.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GoPro Headstrap Mount + Quick Clip (Electronics)
It supports my 3+ Black edition on my head quite well. No issues and would recommend if you are looking to save a few bucks from the GoPro brand. Recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my headstrap, April 25, 2014
Eric Kahn (San Antonio, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GoPro Headstrap Mount + Quick Clip (Electronics)
This was one of the first items I bought to go along with my GoPro. It's so amazing to be able to strap it to my head, or even my toddlers head to get awesome POV shots. The quick clip was also an amazing bonus. It will clip on anywhere, like a belt or the back of a fitted hat, or the bill of a baseball hat. Love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars headstrap one of my favs., December 14, 2013
This review is from: GoPro Headstrap Mount + Quick Clip (Electronics)
Always one of my favorite points of views. The quick clip will only work with very thick billed hats and for what I do with fishing I will fling that camera off my head on a normal hat. so the quick clip gets used for a belt clip gopro

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, May 28, 2014
This review is from: GoPro Headstrap Mount + Quick Clip (Electronics)
It is very comfortable. It even is adjustable to fit my 3 year olds head. I would definitely recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, March 15, 2014
This review is from: GoPro Headstrap Mount + Quick Clip (Electronics)
This is a very useful and fun to use mount. I love it, although I cannot find any use for the quickclip yet.

GoPro Headstrap Mount + Quick Clip