Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: GoPro Headstrap Mount + Quick Clip
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Size: One Size|Color: Black|Change

on March 23, 2014
I love this headstrap! So far I've wore it for a half marathon, kayaking, and snorkeling. All with great results.

First of all, the strap is very comfortable. If I wear it above a hat I barely notice it's there. The strap is adjustable so you can get a tight fit and not have to worry about it falling off during filming. I had no problem wearing this during my half marathon, other than the fact I looked like a total nerd...

Second, the shaking on the film is not bad. The whole point of getting a GoPro is to see from the actor's perspective. So if I'm running, I expect to see movement. I debated about getting this or the chest strap for running and decided that a headstrap would avoid the back & forth sway (yaw axis) you would get with a chest strap (not to mention your arms getting in the way). I'm very happy with my choice. Checkout the video for the NYC Half: http://youtu.be/IzUJap3Wcqw

Third, the quick clip. I don't use it. If I had to buy this again I would just get the cheaper version without the quick clip.
Normally the camera is screwed onto a hard plastic plate on the strap. The quick clip clips camera onto the plate, rather than being screwed onto it. I understand the point of the quick clip is to be able to get the GoPro off of your head without taking the whole strap off. I have not used this device because it doesn't look very secure. I would rather take the band off my head since it only takes a second to get it back on. The clip really freaks me out. I'm curious to see if anyone else has had good experience with this thing.

Lastly, couple of tips:

1: After your GoPro is properly screwed onto the plate on the strap, you can still pivot it to point up or down to get the best filming angle (and then tighten the screw further if there's any slack). I didn't get this right the first time I took it snorkeling with me so I ended up filming ABOVE the water instead of all the amazing fish I saw under the surface.

2: If you're filming a long event and can't leave the camera running on your head the whole time because battery power you can obviously get a spare battery. However, if you're running a race and can't finish within time one battery allows, set your on/off to recording, turn your beep to 100% volume and get familiar with the beep pattern on the GoPro. This will allow you to operate your GoPro without looking at the control display and know you're actually filming. Alternatively, you could use the remote or your cellphone, but the wifi would just suck more power out of your camera.

Good luck and have fun!
review image
77 comments|106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon November 25, 2013
Sure, you'll look like a dork with this strap on your head and the GoPro camera mounted on it... but you won't care about that when you see the great POV footage that you are able to capture, and when you realize that the headstrap mount is very durable and reliable.

Adjustable to fit most anyone, the strap is very secure and will not let you lose or drop your valuable camera. It is also easy to wear over a hat, which is my preferred way. The adjustments to tilt the camera are excellent and make this mount truly valuable. Perfect for situations when you want that POV footage and don't have another mounting solution available. Folds down very compactly and is easy to keep with you at all times.

The Quick-Clip is a great little idea, and it was the reason I bought this set. Its stated purpose is to attach to the lower rim of a cap, like a baseball cap worn backwards. But it has many other possible uses, and increases the versatility of use for your GoPro camera. I love it!
on March 26, 2014
I'm the principle cinematographer for TitleMine, a new web series and YouTube channel that chronicles a math teacher as she travels the country buying and flip exotic cars for profit. Like any professional automotive channel, we use a lot of Hero 3+ black cameras for exterior rolling shots, and a variety of mounts for them.

But an issue came up: We wanted to get a relatively novel extend shot of a hill climb from the POV of the driver of our Dodge Viper ACR. We couldn't use the DSLR setup that we use for traditional filming; the ACR's cockpit is very tight with a low ceiling, driving with one of those in front of you or anywhere near your head would be virtually impossible. This head strap was the solution.

Robustly stitched with thick, expensive feeling plastic buckles and mounting hinge, the head strap is quick and easy to fit on anybody, and mounting the incredible Hero 3+ Black to the front allowed us to get the raw footage out of protune mode that made for a thrilling, immerseive experience. The footage should be released in a few weeks.

Additionally, we were able to take advantage of the enormous amount of snow this winter to take the head strap snowboarding, and it did very well. Even after jumps resulting in about 15-foot elevation changes on impact, the camera stayed tight in its mount and didn't fall forward, and the rubber-backed headband stayed tightly affixed to the rider. The only unfortunate thing about this mount is that it cannot be worn comfortably under a helmet, or securely over one, but you can remedy that easily because each GoPro box includes a bunch of adhesive helmet mounts for the camera that you can use for racing or snowboarding/skiing/skydiving.

There is an included clip to mount the camera at a different point on the head strap, or to a belt or something. It seems to work well, but we haven't used it for a shoot yet.

One tip for buyers: Use your GoPro LCD or smartphone app with the onboard wifi to properly adjust the camera before every shoot. This is more necessary here than when using the GoPro on the side of a car or something, because the camera needs to be angled down towards your feet to a counter-intuitively high degree to get a natural looking "first person view" from its mounting point.

Pros: Works as advertised, well made, comfortable.

Cons: None.

Verdict: Great buy
on February 18, 2015
Very good strap! but if u wear it on your head it can fell from it, better wear it on a hat or a cap. this thing does not feel secure on ur head because of hair. it also came with a thumbscrew.
review image review image review image
on January 13, 2015
Very nice Head Strap, I noticed when I used it in the pool, the strap may come off easily. Just tighten the straps. Gets my POV
review image
on December 24, 2013
i shoot a ton of fishing videos and i wanted something more comfortable then the had strap to use to film my view. The quick clip is the way to go. It's very secure and you don't even notice you are wearing it.
on December 8, 2014
The strap is comfortable and quality is god. However, I cannot screw the screw in all the way to fasten the camera tight enough. It's as if the screw is just a bit too long. So the camera is floppy and it swings down just while I am standing still and wacks me im the forehead. I wonder if mine is deffective. It is useless the way it is.
on March 11, 2015
You might go cheap on the headstrap and buy a generic product and it might work fine because of the limited moving pieces, but don't skimp on the Quick Clip. Poor quality Quick Clip will not hold your GoPro up right. Imagine the filming experience if your camera won't stay in place and you end up filming your feet when you thought you're filming forward. Don't do it!
on March 30, 2014
I took this on a trip to thailand and cambodia and was surprised that i used the quick clip more often than the headstrap. The headstrap needs to be used with a hat or else it makes my hair looks funny. ha ha. The quick clip was great because i was able to clip it to my hat.. quickly, as well as my backpack straps (like a chest mount).
on August 19, 2014
I love it!

If you Youtube "Go pro tips and tricks" they use the head strap mount a lot in many different variations to create sevreal different mounts.

This would be the first mount I would recommend anyone to get.