Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on February 8, 2012
I ordered this extra housing to install the blur fix lens for my GoPro Hero 2. You don't have to but I wanted one to use just for Scuba and water. Like I said it just something I did. The price is not bad and the install of the blur fix went great. And I tested the water seal and no water got it. So if your looking for and extra case for any reason get this one.
on August 8, 2012
I bought this as a replacement for the case that was included with my GoPro Hero HD 2 because I scratched the lens on my original. The case I received was an original GoPro brand case, identical to the original and worked just as good as the original.
on April 11, 2012
I have GoPro cameras mounted to almost everything. I mount and dial them in then lock them down so when I am ready to shoot I just pop the GoPro into the housing.

This way I know all my shots are perfectly framed up every time.

I have two GoPro Hero and a handful of housings pre-mounted. I wish GoPro would include the LCD waterproof backdoor with this housing!

Also, always use anti-fog inserts is all your waterproof housings! I ruined 2 hours of footage because I did not...
on March 27, 2012
Obviously this wasn't made by GoPro. The packaging was cheap and looked nothing like the standard GoPro packaging. I was skeptical at first because of the packaging so i put some paper inside the housing and submerged it in water. after about 10 minutes i took it out and as i expected some water seeped through. Then when i finally went to put my camera inside of the casing the black latch snapped while i was closing it. Very disappointed. now i have to spend extra money to rush order another case because i leave for cancun next week..
on October 2, 2011
Just what I was looking for. GoPro brand replacement for my cracked housing. I'm not sure why my original housing broke at the bottom (maybe overtightening). This is expensive, but what's the point of having a GoPro if you don't have a proper housing for it?
on June 1, 2012
The replacement housing for the GoPro HD camera is a bit on the steep side at $40, although that is what it sells for under GoPro's own website also. At the time I bought it, it was on sale through Amazon, so I purchased it here. The reason I needed a replacement housing is because I sheered off my GoPro on a friend's dirt bike during a race, so no design fault of the camera there, as I was actually surprised the case was the only thing that broke. My one gripe about the case is that the top latch seems to have a week point where the two pieces of the latch hook together. I've now broken 2 latches across my 4 HD Hero cameras. Both latches shattered when trying to close the case. Other than that, this is an amazing product, and I am truly amazed at the stuff I have put it through without breaking the camera inside.
on July 7, 2011
I had my GoPro HD Helmet Hero for around a year before one of the little tabs at the bottom snapped off (I used the camera quite rigorously to film skiing throughout the year nearly every week for around 7 or 8 months)

I tried gluing the tab back onto the case mount, but the superglue wouldn't hold the plastic, so I ordered this.

Great quality, the plastic is perfectly clear, the lens is in great condition, and it works great. No cons.
on October 10, 2011
Case is very durable and keeps the Gopro unit safe. my only complaint about the case is that the lens scratches somewhat easily. If it is just the lens that is scratched, you can replace the lens for less. Aside from being easy to scratch, the case keeps the unit safe and lives up to its name.
on February 16, 2012
I bought this to have as an extra. It's made of plastic so I can easily see a latch breaking, base mount cracking, or lens scratching. That said, it certainly does what it's supposed to do and they do sell lens replacements.
on November 8, 2013
I would give this 5 stars if the cases actually lasted longer. My wife and I were on our 1-year anniversary (WOOO!! We made it without killing each other!) and while swimming in the pool at our awesome hotel, my wife tosses the GoPro to me and I thought I was going to catch it but I missed (my father wasn't too happy with my hand-to-eye coordination…probably why I never got picked for baseball in middle school…or college…). The GoPro slowly sank to the bottom of the pool (4.5') and lightly tapped the bottom of the pool surface. I dove down and picked it up and what happened was the part that covers the lens got scratched. Fantastic. Now there's a "smudge" attribute to my case, and the last I checked in my video editing suite, I don't own a "lens smudge" effect…which means that I probably don't want this on my edited video. I wish the cases were more resistant to damage. GoPro says its products are "bombproof" but let's be clear now shall we? The GoPro camera itself may be bombproof when it's inside the case, but your case will look like your turkey that time at Thanksgiving when you forgot to take it out of the oven because you got mesmerized by The Mindy Project.

Overall, here's what it comes down to. You need the case for the camera to be functional (mounting, safe from debris, bugs, and zombies attacking you at the local Zombie Mud Run. So you have to get the case. Just get it. It's great. It works, but I just wished it was more resistant (especially to zombies…)
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse