Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on October 16, 2011
A must have accessory for shooting indoors, in car, and not taking camera out when connecting it to USB. We were able to use the setup to record in-car video with driver and passenger talking to the camera.

Pros
-Lets you keep the camera in the case - no opportunity for fingerprints on lens
-Quick connect of cables and popping out SD card
-Mic is open so is much more sensitive to audio around the camera.
-Good fit and works as a replacement even if display back is attached.

Cons
-Not water proof - Duh!

80% of the time the GoPro sits in this case. The other 20 its in the water proof one.
on February 27, 2012
90% of the time, my GoPro Hero 2 rests it's feet inside this case. I mainly bought this case to allow access to the USB Charging slot while it's mounted to my windshield and connected to my cigarette socket for full time powering. One of the greatest features of this case is the ability to record clearer audio with the built in microphone. No longer will you hear that awful plastic chunky-chingy-thunking sound that the underwater cases are prone to causing. The case is solid, is opened on both left and right sides and has all button functions that the OEM case has. Definitely recommend this to any looking to access GoPro's USB, Audio, Video and SD slots without having to remove it from it's casing every time. Just remember that this case isn't full protective so don't use it in any areas that would ruin your camera: Water, Mud, dirt, etc.
on July 25, 2012
This is what you need to protect the camera lens while on the desk downloading videos ect due to the exposed lens just waiting to be scratched.It may be used in dry/protected areas but for rain or dirt you need the dry OEM case.I am using this case also as a test unit to add a 37 mm step up ring [to 52mm] so that I can add filters [ cpl/uvA] It seems that the lens outside dimension is 37 mm so even though the lens is not threaded it should be possible to lightly file out the 37 mm ring to fit flush on the case and be carefully glued down.Then a 52 mm filter should fit.It needs 7 mm's to clear the protruding lens.It may take a second 37 mm ring to get the clearance[ Installed first].A cheap 37mm uva with the glass removed should work.Good luck.

Just a follow up, this worked well,no filing was necessary it fit on the front ring and raised the ring up to the proper height.Now I am currently upgrading the Original dry case to accept the 52mm filters.No vignetting on the corners. Pro should add a thread ring to the lens to allow filters.Seems doable to me.
on September 28, 2011
I bought the skeleton housing for my GoPro HERO because I wanted to be able to both protect the main body of the camera from damage and have the benefit of improved audio recording through the open spaces of the housing. This product delivered as expected. My main intention is to use my GoPro to record my paintball games from my perspective, including the on field sounds. one might imagine that having parts of the camera may be dangerous, but I never once got a direct hit on the camera, and all splatter was to the top and front sides of the housing. The camera is regard, regardless, and so long as the lens and buttons are protected, I expect even a shot to the sides wouldn't do any real damage, but don't take my word for it. Either way, the housing worked as promised, as the video looked great and I can hear the voices of other players and sounds of paintball markers firing just fine, without the usual distortion the fully enclosed housings often bring to their recorded audio.
on August 13, 2012
This housing is perfect for pilots wanting to record your communications with ATC. Audio as well as USB ports are accessible with this housing. Arrived on time and in perfect condition. Another great reason I shop with Amazon
on July 20, 2012
I have a bunch of GoPros that I use on a bunch of shoots I do. This case is great for streaming live video from the camera to a receiver while still keeping the camera protected, granted you have the equipment to do that. I use this case inside airplanes streaming live cockpit video straight to the ground.
on September 3, 2012
I at first purchased this because when I used my GoPro for Racing it seemed that the sounds were too muffled, and the camera was getting extremely hot (even when indoors). I tried using this and there was WAYY too much wind noise. Nothing against the housing, just too much wind noise for my application. I later realized that I had inserted my anti-moisture tabs into the original skeleton housing and that was why it was so muffled. The camera was cooler with the skeleton housing however.

Because GoPro doesn't offer a lens cap, this ended up doubling as a protective case when not on the road. It allows me to charge and everything without running the risk of damaging the camera's lense. The workmanship is identical to the original, so I have no issues with the quality.

As far as my needs, it became a ~$25 lens cap for me. But don't let my use of it deter you. It does exactly what its designed to do.
on June 25, 2012
I purchased this for my Go Pro Hero 2 so that when I'm using it on my bike for long periods of time I can charge it while using it. The price was right! And your going to need to charge or connect to your TV or monitor this case make it very easy to do that. This camera is so small and may be very delicate outside the case so I always try to keep it in a case. Very happy with this case and glade I got it. If you think you might also go for it!
on October 29, 2013
I ordered the skeleton housing for my GoPro Hero 2 so I can do dashcam videos and I ordered it through Amazon from " 24SevenBargain" and when I recieved the item it was in a brown box labeled as "new skeleton housing" and when I opened the box, it was just a regular watertight housing..not the skeleton one, apart from that..it looked as if it was used..had ton of scratches and I paid $37 for it. What a mistake that was.

I tried to return it to Amazon using their "Return Center" and it said I couldn't return that particular item...so I ended up contacting customer service, told them about the problem and they were glad to refund me and even pay to ship the wrong item back.

I gave this 5 stars because it wasn't Amazon's fault and they helped me out.

I ended up ordering the skeleton housing through GoPro and what do I know? It was only $29.99.

So words of advice..order through Amazon LLC. or through a reputable dealer. I said this before and I still made the mistake..its hard to notice sometimes.
on April 29, 2012
I love this little camera, and with this housing, it is very easy to attach/remove cables. It's the same quality as all the other Hero products, and it matches perfectly with the GoPro. The more accessories I have with the GoPro, the more versatile it becomes. Better to have it when you need it than to regret a purchase you passed up.