5.0 out of 5 stars Totally AMAZING
Published on September 4, 2012 by Karrie

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad.
Perhaps I should have gotten the more traditionally shaped one. I do like the fact that this stylus doesn't make tappity-tap sounds on my iPad screen, but it also doesn't glide smoothly sometimes, with a felt-but-not-heard scritchy sound. All in all, the Adonit Jot Pro is my preference, though the clickety-click on the screen can be annoying in a meeting.
Published 20 months ago by J. S. White

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally AMAZING, September 4, 2012
Karrie (Upstate NY) - See all my reviews
I'm a big stylus hoarder and have about 12 of them at this point. I've tried the Jot, Bamboo stylus, Cosmonaut, AluPen, iFaraday, and a couple of others. This one blows them all away as far as smoothness and seeing what you're writing. It takes some getting used to, since you have to make sure the tip is lined up with the screen, but it glides so, SO smoothly. My second favorite is my Jot, but after using the GoSmart, it just seems like the Jot has a lot more drag to it. (My screen and the Jot tip are both clean, so that's not what is creating drag.) The accuracy of the GoSmart is great too. I haven't had any problems with it. I might get the 200 series version too, for more of a traditional pen feel, but the 300 is pretty comfortable to work with for a while. I use it in my classes (some are 2 & 1/2 hours long) to take notes of my iPad. The company is very responsive, as I had a question and they got right back to me within about an hour. Very nice and helpful response too. Also, so far, haven't noticed any scratches on my screen from using the GoSmart stylus.

I definitely recommend this :o)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought on recommendation and now my favourite stylus, September 1, 2012
S. English (Sheffield, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GoSmart 351 Stylus for Apple iPad, iPad 2, iPad Air, iPhone - Black (Accessory)
I bought this stylus on the basis of what I read in a Gadgeteer.com review and I wasn't disappointed. My other stylus is an Applydea Maglus, also bought on recommendation and also great, but this one is my favourite. It's very responsive and accurate. The wire frame nib glides smoothly across my screen-protector and it's easy to see exactly where I'm writing (unlike with rubber-nibbed styli). Apps like TouchDraw, Paper and GoodNotes are a joy to use with it.

With both this and the Maglus, I wouldn't rely on the magnets to keep it in place on the iPad - at least, not if you're actually attaching to a leather case, rather than directly to the iPad's body.

The nib seems a little delicate - I wouldn't let my young children use it and risk them dropping it. Other than that, it's my recommendation for anyone looking for a stylus.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the One for tablets!!!, October 10, 2012
BookDoc (Cape Girardeau, MO) - See all my reviews
I've bought just about every regular stylus--slim, thick, with pen, without pen--trying to find the perfect handwriting and editing-marks stylus that I could use on my iPad in the classroom to show live editing and emphasize discussion points via the projector and screen. They all made my careful marks look like kindergarten scrawls.

NOT THIS ONE! IT'S PERFECT. The tip looks like the crosshairs in a rifle scope; it responds like a fine-point pen and avoids rendering straight lines into wavy ones. I can insert a caret into a tight-kerned word with precision, and marginal queries are clear and consistent. It's not exactly like my handwriting, but it's straight and true.

Thanks, GoSmart! You are geniuses!

4.0 out of 5 stars Best precision stylus, October 12, 2012
Frank Bluntly (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I have tried every different stylus out there, from the rubber nibs to the pressure sensitive electronic blue thoothies, and for someone doing art on an iPad, this stylus has the best blend of accuracy and durability.
It's thin springy wireframe tip also helps minimize the chances of it trapping some bit of grit under it and scratching the screen, as is often reported using the stylii with a clear plastic disc on their tip.
Unlike the Jot stylii from Adonit, it does not tend to lose sensitivity over time because of the solid metal to metal connection between handle and tip.
It would be a 5 star review if not for a few very minor gripes... the "rocketship" styling is kinda goofy and the finned rubber cap makes it awkward to carry in a pocket or standard pen sleeve in a bag or briefcase. ( although, the fins DO keep it from rolling off a table ) and when the cap is shipped for using the stylus, it's a little awkward to hold. You will probably use t without the cap on the handle end.
The Magnets do a pretty good job of holding the stylus to the pad, but not with the cap on either end, and not enough to actually sling the iPad around relying on the magnets to keep your stylus in place.
And the peened aluminum finish is a bit slippery to hold... It would be improved with some rubberized areas for grip.

But go smart does make a more traditionally shaped and capped version that is more pen like.

I wish Go Smart made a version of this with an actual ballpoint pen othe other end... Like many of the rubber nib stylii do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product! Does what it is supposed to do., February 18, 2013
After a very bad experience with the Adonit Touch and their customer service department, I chose to purchase this item. I am so happy with the quality of this product that I bought three more as backups! Excellent precision when drawing on my iPad. LOVE IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Most innovative stylus out there, August 8, 2013
R. Ivan Ross (Camberwell, VIC Australia) - See all my reviews
I think this is the most innovative stylus out there - and I have used a few different options. I use the iPad & stylus every day to take handwritten notes in meetings etc.

I much prefer this to rubber tipped options as it:
_doesn't block the view of what you are writing, with the cross-hair tip allowing great precision.
_doesn't stick like rubber ones can, particularly as they get older.

Note there is another version that is more "pen-shaped" but I think rocket shaped version looks more interesting and the pen version blocks slightly more of your view of the contact area (although still better than rubber-tipped).

It does sometimes have a squeaking noise but I have never once detected a scratch. Some people have also noted that the metal gets darker over time with use - this is true but it doesn't put me off, I actually kinda like the patina that develops, feels like the stylus is developing some character over time from my use.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad., March 13, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars The Stylus with Style, July 6, 2013
This has got to be my favorite artists' tool! It must have been designed with Apple in mind. The sleek "Astro Rocket " design that is reminiscent of Buck Rogers or The Jetsons is total "EYE CANDY"! The weight of it in your hands, the smooth feel and ease of use is exactly what I was looking for. I wanted a tip which I could see and a stylus that i could and control like a pen or paintbrush and this fancy piece of magic was more than I expected. From the moment it arrived, I was fascinated by the packaging, as the tool seems to float inside the box. My only disappointment was not being able to open it fast enough. It took me almost 15 minutes to get it out of the box! While I found the magnet feature practically useless the pros of its use outweighs this minor detail. The magnet is not strong enough for the weight of the stylus, nor have I found it to stick to the Smartcover as advertised. In spite of this, I love the stylus and carry it with me everywhere I take my iPad Mini. Kudos to GoSmart!

3.0 out of 5 stars beautiful stylus, not as practical as i was hoping, June 1, 2013
i like this stylus OKAY, but the cap doesn't stay on the way i would like it to to protect the actual disc. The capabilities of writing on your ipad depends on your note taking apps i think, this is better than other stylus i have tried

5.0 out of 5 stars pretty close to accurate, March 1, 2013
It's not gonna turn your tablet into a cintiq but it's pretty close. I havent used it for writing but it's great for drawing on the ipad. I can see my strokes and get some details in.
It does make a slight scratchy sound when you put alot of pressure so use a protective cover if you're heavy handed.
Way better than the generic styluses I've used.