Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

on March 26, 2014
So based on the main picture of this product you might think the small pointy end opposite the red dart wings is the part you use on the iPad, and you would be wrong. In fact the part you use is UNDER the Red dart wings and it looks like a flat metal ring attached to the pen with a hairlike strand of wire. It actually works pretty well, but it is hard to hold onto and is uncomfortable because it is barely textured aluminum on a really slick tiny "lawn dart".
After I got it I went back in and looked at the other pictures more closely and it does show that little metal circle on the tip, but since that is really the heart and soul of this pen, THAT should be the main picture as showing it the way it's displayed is misleading. I think it will be of very limited use to me but it does work so I will keep it for those occasional times when I want to lawn-dart my iPad.
on September 4, 2012
I'm a big stylus hoarder and have about 12 of them at this point. I've tried the Jot, Bamboo stylus, Cosmonaut, AluPen, iFaraday, and a couple of others. This one blows them all away as far as smoothness and seeing what you're writing. It takes some getting used to, since you have to make sure the tip is lined up with the screen, but it glides so, SO smoothly. My second favorite is my Jot, but after using the GoSmart, it just seems like the Jot has a lot more drag to it. (My screen and the Jot tip are both clean, so that's not what is creating drag.) The accuracy of the GoSmart is great too. I haven't had any problems with it. I might get the 200 series version too, for more of a traditional pen feel, but the 300 is pretty comfortable to work with for a while. I use it in my classes (some are 2 & 1/2 hours long) to take notes of my iPad. The company is very responsive, as I had a question and they got right back to me within about an hour. Very nice and helpful response too. Also, so far, haven't noticed any scratches on my screen from using the GoSmart stylus.

I definitely recommend this :o)
on September 1, 2012
I bought this stylus on the basis of what I read in a Gadgeteer.com review and I wasn't disappointed. My other stylus is an Applydea Maglus, also bought on recommendation and also great, but this one is my favourite. It's very responsive and accurate. The wire frame nib glides smoothly across my screen-protector and it's easy to see exactly where I'm writing (unlike with rubber-nibbed styli). Apps like TouchDraw, Paper and GoodNotes are a joy to use with it.

With both this and the Maglus, I wouldn't rely on the magnets to keep it in place on the iPad - at least, not if you're actually attaching to a leather case, rather than directly to the iPad's body.

The nib seems a little delicate - I wouldn't let my young children use it and risk them dropping it. Other than that, it's my recommendation for anyone looking for a stylus.
55 comments|30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 10, 2012
I've bought just about every regular stylus--slim, thick, with pen, without pen--trying to find the perfect handwriting and editing-marks stylus that I could use on my iPad in the classroom to show live editing and emphasize discussion points via the projector and screen. They all made my careful marks look like kindergarten scrawls.

NOT THIS ONE! IT'S PERFECT. The tip looks like the crosshairs in a rifle scope; it responds like a fine-point pen and avoids rendering straight lines into wavy ones. I can insert a caret into a tight-kerned word with precision, and marginal queries are clear and consistent. It's not exactly like my handwriting, but it's straight and true.

Thanks, GoSmart! You are geniuses!
on February 18, 2013
After a very bad experience with the Adonit Touch and their customer service department, I chose to purchase this item. I am so happy with the quality of this product that I bought three more as backups! Excellent precision when drawing on my iPad. LOVE IT!
on July 26, 2013
Very easy to use; more accurate then the ''ball'' stylus. Love it! I recommend this stylus.

for men & women.
on March 4, 2015
This is an effective precision stylus with some very big caveats. To the good, every app with which I used it instantly responded to the stylus, producing a mark exactly where the centerpoint of the tip makes contact with the glass screen. Visibility too is very good - the precision tip does not obscure the view of your screen.

Regretably, this performance came at a prohibitive cost - the tip left visible, permanent scratches on my ipad's screen. After seeing this, I stupidly perservered, attempting to adjust both my angle and the amount of downward force I was using. Nothing worked consistently, the scrapes appearing seemingly at random, or at least under conditions too indistinct for me to identify.

The scratching was worse than tip durability, but this was quite poor as well, never lasting more than a few weeks before the little wire circle unceremoniously popped off, requiring replacement. After, I burned through 3 of these in less than 6 weeks, I even soldered one of these circles back to its wire base, which actually worked several days before breaking yet again.

These problems are unfortunate, because I found it to be very precise. But a permanently gouged screen was, obviously, far too high a price to pay, even if the tips were robust, which they most certainly are not.
on October 12, 2012
I have tried every different stylus out there, from the rubber nibs to the pressure sensitive electronic blue thoothies, and for someone doing art on an iPad, this stylus has the best blend of accuracy and durability.
It's thin springy wireframe tip also helps minimize the chances of it trapping some bit of grit under it and scratching the screen, as is often reported using the stylii with a clear plastic disc on their tip.
Unlike the Jot stylii from Adonit, it does not tend to lose sensitivity over time because of the solid metal to metal connection between handle and tip.
It would be a 5 star review if not for a few very minor gripes... the "rocketship" styling is kinda goofy and the finned rubber cap makes it awkward to carry in a pocket or standard pen sleeve in a bag or briefcase. ( although, the fins DO keep it from rolling off a table ) and when the cap is shipped for using the stylus, it's a little awkward to hold. You will probably use t without the cap on the handle end.
The Magnets do a pretty good job of holding the stylus to the pad, but not with the cap on either end, and not enough to actually sling the iPad around relying on the magnets to keep your stylus in place.
And the peened aluminum finish is a bit slippery to hold... It would be improved with some rubberized areas for grip.

But go smart does make a more traditionally shaped and capped version that is more pen like.

I wish Go Smart made a version of this with an actual ballpoint pen othe other end... Like many of the rubber nib stylii do.
on March 13, 2013
Perhaps I should have gotten the more traditionally shaped one. I do like the fact that this stylus doesn't make tappity-tap sounds on my iPad screen, but it also doesn't glide smoothly sometimes, with a felt-but-not-heard scritchy sound. All in all, the Adonit Jot Pro is my preference, though the clickety-click on the screen can be annoying in a meeting.
on June 1, 2013
i like this stylus OKAY, but the cap doesn't stay on the way i would like it to to protect the actual disc. The capabilities of writing on your ipad depends on your note taking apps i think, this is better than other stylus i have tried