4.0 out of 5 stars Nice batteries, cycling shows 825mAH
Published on April 19, 2012 by D. Taylor

3.0 out of 5 stars Slots in well but the batteries fall out.
Whilst the insert fits well into the charger, the batteries are not tightly held in the grooves. It's not a big problem and it does the job, just that it would be nice for the batteries to lock into the grooves.
Published 9 months ago by Jenius

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice batteries, cycling shows 825mAH, April 19, 2012
This review is from: Goal Zero 11407 AAA NiMH Rechargeable Battery 4 Pack with AAA Insert for Guide 10 Plus (Automotive)
I've used these a few cycles now and tested them with the Lacrosse BC-700 Battery Charger (great charger by the way). Mine cycle with about 825mAH. I've used these in the Guide10Plus, several different flashlights, and a UV light. The batteries have worked well in each of these systems. These batteries come with the adapter tray that is required to use them in the Guide10Plus. Save the money and don't by the tray alone, just pick up a set of batteries for a few extra bucks and get the tray. Some package deals come with the tray now too.

I'll keep them in rotation with my Eneloop batteries and see how they go. The Eneloops hold slightly less (825mAH vs 800mAH) but have a very long shelf life and an impressive number of duty cycles. With a few months of use on these batteries they are currently holding up well. If they last more than a couple years they will be worth it, time will tell but so far so good. I prefer devices that use AA due to the nearly 3x power capacity but sometimes I have to use things that only take AAA's.

Weight and measured performance:
4 GoalZero AAA batteries weight 1.8 oz with 825 mAH measured by cycling
4 Goal Zero AA batteries weigh 4.1 oz with 2400 mAH measured by cycling
For comparison purposes:
4 Eneloop AAA batteries weigh 1.7 oz with 800 mAH measured by cycling
4 Eneloop AA batteries weigh 3.7 oz with 2100 mAH measured by cycling

*** Update: It's been 8 months and these continue to work well through many cycles.

4 Stars, I like them so far, in a couple years if they are holding strong it'll be 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Goal zero, March 22, 2013
Absolutely awesome product. It's lightweight and durable with a small profile. A must for those long days in the field where you need an additional charge for your electronics.

5.0 out of 5 stars AAA batteries, March 16, 2013
These are made to work with the Guide 10 and Guide 10 Plus. There is an insert included with these batteries that allow them to be charged in the Guide series chargers.

The batteries are of good quality but are not the highest mah batteries out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hold Charge, February 25, 2013
David "mongol_warrior" (Champaign, IL, United States) - See all my reviews
The biggest issues with rechargable batteries is the dwindling return on the charge over time. After 6 months, these are going strong in some walkies I'm using them for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding batteries that can be trusted, March 1, 2013
Kipchak (Amerika (ha!)) - See all my reviews
Tip: Can leave them in the battery charger, then charge phone or electronics from the battery charger full of batteries.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great batteries and yes it comes with insert., December 18, 2012
I am happy so far with the batteries, however in retrospect, the eneloop would have been a better brand choice. These batteries just dont take charge as well and they are a bit overpriced. However it is american, and I dont mind buying them to see our own batteries take some business.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for power...Trail, Travel and City, March 25, 2013
Trail and wilderness:
The Guide 10 plus with the Nomad 7 is essential for keeping your small electronic powered up. From my GPS, Camera, Smartphone, USB light, headlamp - I have endless self contained power. I am actually never worried about being stuck or lost out in the wilderness while I have the Nomand 7 and the Guide 10 plus coupled with my electronic gear..

The urban factor:
When no wall outlet is near - My stuff is charging. My daughters phone was almost dead while she was with me and I let her barrow the guide 10 plus - This catastrophe was avoided and I was a Super Hero. She used to laugh at me for having all my "survival" gear, now I am the go-to guy for making her life a little less worrisome.

Airplane and Travel:
Great for Airplane use as well - My smartphone was charging away in-flight and had a full charge when I landed.

Yes - This is a true life saver in so many ways!

5.0 out of 5 stars They seem to work fine, March 5, 2013
I used these over and over during two weeks of elk hunting. As long as they continue to perform they will keep the 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love goal zero, January 5, 2013
Richard (Phoenix, Arizona, United States) - See all my reviews
I have a lot of Goal Zero products and none of them have let me down. Buy Goal Zero and enjoy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rechargable AAA Batteries with Insert, April 18, 2014
tim (Homestead, FL, US) - See all my reviews
The name says it all if you have a Goal Zero Guide 10 and want to charge and use AAA. then you need this. if you do not do not buy it

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›