5.0 out of 5 stars Baseball practice at home
Major assembly required great instructions easy to follow minimal reading - simple
Very cool for both dad and son - backyard or basement
Published 11 months ago by MomaShauna

The manufacturer commented on the review below
1.0 out of 5 stars Goalrilla spring trainer
Ptch back net broke the first Time my 12 yr. Old used it. Hitting part is no different from hitting off tee. You live and learn, but I hope others can learn before u purchase. Dave
Published on September 10, 2012 by Dave

5.0 out of 5 stars Baseball practice at home, October 16, 2013
Very cool for both dad and son - backyard or basement

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the SwingAway Bryce Harper MVP Hitting Machine, January 2, 2014
This review is from: Goalrilla Spring Trainer (Sports)
We have had both of these and like the Goalrilla Spring Trainer much better. They both basically work the same but the Goalrilla seems to be made a little sturdier. If you just look at the shipping weights on Amazon you will see that the Goalrilla is 48.7 lbs vs the SwingAway weight of 38.8 lbs. The DuPont powder coated finish should make it last longer for us since we store it outside.

Another big reason we like the Goalrilla better is that it comes with a full home plate (see pictures on Amazon). The SwingAway comes with a piece of felt for home plate (Pretty sad looking). With the home plate you can easily adjust where you want the ball to be, inside outside, front of the plate back of the plate etc.

So if you are comparing the two it's an easy choice, get the Goalrilla.

4.0 out of 5 stars A worthy addition to BP!, January 17, 2012
This review is from: Goalrilla Spring Trainer (Sports)
In sum, the Goalrilla SpringTrainer is a good training aid for tight spaces and is a nice addition to any BP workout. This trainer adds a nice cardio component to BP-after about 5 minutes, my 14 year old was winded and logged close to 75 swings.

There are a couple of unclear points on the printed assembly manual so I would highly recommend watching the setup video posted online. In all fairness, the printed instructions are still 10 times better than other assembly manuals.

We've had the Goalrilla trainer for about a week and it seems very well constructed. The plastic pieces are made of hard plastic, it's using a real baseball, the netting and ropes are thick, and the frame feels solid. The entire trainer is light enough to move around, although, I wouldn't consider this a portable device-all in all, moving it around is not very difficult just a little clunky. Adjusting the baseball height is a breeze.

I like the fact that it's always ready to go and my kids can work out on their own time. The ball sounds like a nice line drive coming off the bat.

Suggestion-
I would like to see the ability to swap out the baseball for a softball for my daughter.

I'll add a 5th star for longevity if we still feel the same once the trainer reaches 6 months old. But so far, it's our favorite training aid.

[...]

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for hitting!, July 7, 2014
This review is from: Goalrilla Spring Trainer (Sports)
Great for practice hitting. Took a while to put together though!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pricey but good for repetitions for swinging., September 6, 2014
Lalakers (Bay Area, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Goalrilla Spring Trainer (Sports)
Great for working on your kids swing and fielding with the bounce back net. Price is the biggest downside.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars Goalrilla spring trainer, September 10, 2012

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Mar 27, 2013 9:54:20 AM PDT
Dear Valued Goalrilla Customer,
Sorry to hear that the experience you had with the Goalrilla Spring Trainer has not met your expectations. Complete customer satisfaction and the performance of our products are issues that we take very seriously. Please contact customer service (800.467.1421) at your earliest convenience and we will address your concerns immediately.
Sincerely,
The Goalrilla Customer Service Team

4.0 out of 5 stars good product, April 1, 2012
This review is from: Goalrilla Spring Trainer (Sports)
Appears to be a good product. Allows for fast swing repitition. Appears manufacturer is still tweaking product. Has met my expectations. Will wait and see on durability.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not worth full price, but good for a lightning deal, January 1, 2014
This review is from: Goalrilla Spring Trainer (Sports)
I got it on a lightning deal before Christmas for $135, and for that price it's very good. My kids can take BP all winter in the basement. It would be nice if it was a little easier to adjust the height of the ball.

My big issue is the home plate is leaking water and the company said they would send me a replacement but I haven't received it yet. I know it's slower because of the holidays so I'll give them a little more time.

Goalrilla Spring Trainer