5.0 out of 5 stars Belongs at the top of your reading list.
Published on February 14, 2012 by Monty Rainey

3.0 out of 5 stars If You Have Read One You Hvae Read Them All!
In the market of Personal Development and Self Help there are hundreds of books, hundreds of DVDs, Hundreds of CDs and dozens of programs that are designed to help you succeed.
Some are better, others worse.

Goals!
It is for all intents and purposes a complete guide to setting goals.
He leads you step by step through the process of sitting down...
Published on August 10, 2010 by Daniel M. Wood

3.0 out of 5 stars If You Have Read One You Hvae Read Them All!, August 10, 2010
This review is from: Goals!: How to Get Everything You Want -- Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible (Paperback)
Some are better, others worse.

Goals!
It is for all intents and purposes a complete guide to setting goals.
He leads you step by step through the process of sitting down and setting your goals and all the way to what you need to do to accomplish your goals.

If You Have Read One You Hvae Read Them All!
The problem with books by Brian Tracy is that they are all very much alike.
This was no exception.

Many books in the industry say about the same things, just in different words, Goals felt as though it was using the same words. I didn't like feeling like I had read it before.

Most of the advice can be found in other books.

Who can it help?
The guide itself was very good and if you haven't set your goals this book or read other books about personal development then this book will make a big difference in your life.

The act of setting goals and making plans for their accomplishment is the one action that will make the biggest difference in your life.

By setting your goals you are going to start pulling events into your life and make you move faster and faster towards your goals.

Easy to follow steps
What I did like about this book, and most Brian Tracy books, is how easy his advice is to follow.
This book is a 350 page guide going from step 1 to step 2 and so on.
If you haven't read these types of books before you could really use this book as a manual and just follow the steps one after the other until you are finished.

My Recommendation
If you are new to self help and personal development books I think this book could really make a lasting impact on your life. If you haven't set your goals and started working towards them in a structured manner, Brian can really give you some good advice.

On the other hand, if you have read other books in the industry and have taken these first steps I think this book would be a waste of your time, you have already read the advice and your time would probably be used better by reading other books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Belongs at the top of your reading list., February 14, 2012
Monty Rainey (New Braunfels, TX) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Over his stellar career, Brian Tracy has authored over 50 books. This one, GOALS!, was first published in 2003. I've read probably half of Tracy's books over the years and have long had this on my short list to read but for one reason or another, it never did seem to make it to the top of my reading list. What a colossal mistake that has been on my part. I won't go so far as to say this has been my favorite Brian Tracy book, but it would certainly rate in the top five. As I read this book, a recurring thought that kept running through my mind was, "Man, I wish I had read this nine years ago!"

One of the reasons this book never made it to the top of my reading list is that a few years ago I purchased Tracy's audio download, How To Set and Achieve Goals, which I have listened to many times over. I thought this book would be much of the same material, but there is so much more contained hear that you simply must read to benefit from.

Goal achievers know the first step in achieving goals is a line from the old Cool Hand Luke movie, "You've got to get your mind right!" That's what Tracy does here. Much of the book focuses on how to prepare mentally and avoid the mental sabotage that makes so many goals in life but a distant fantasy. There is a great deal of powerful information here on making your mind work for you, not against you as is often the case. Once you've got your mind in the right place, the rest becomes much more achievable.

Each chapter is broken into bite sized pieces that really allows the reader a chance to contemplate, absorb and reflect on what you have just read. In fact, this book reads much slower than most books because you will (or at least I did) spend a great deal of time reflecting. Each chapter concludes with a brief point summary of putting to work for you the material just covered. Again, this creates another opportunity for the reader to contemplate an action plan without becoming too overwhelmed with information.

Often when setting goals, obstacles get in the way that we might not even consider as having anything to do with why we might have fallen short of a goal. Tracy leaves no stone unturned here and provides valuable insight on each of these roadblocks such as time management, measuring your progress and associating with the right people to help you become successful. Along the way, the book is filled with quotes and quips that you will surely want to highlight and use on your life journey.

Learn from my mistake. If you have this book on your radar but have kept putting it off to read something else, move this book immediately to the top of your reading list. You can thank me later.

4.0 out of 5 stars Setting & Achieving Goals: Pulling It All Together, February 2, 2011
Mark Raciappa (Tallahassee, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This book is extraordinarily helpful in a number of ways. Brian Tracy points out the common pitfalls of goal-setting, the reasons behind them, and what to do about it. As I read, I found myself highlighting key points or topics that I had heard somewhere before; now the pieces are fitting together! His 12-step program for setting goals is well-explained and easy to follow. He explains 8 ways to identify your special talents. The "6 P" Formula for business and personal success takes alliteration and turns into a useful tool. I have adopted his suggestion of writing down 10 goals per day for the next year (and then not looking back at the previous page!). The author predicts that 80% will have been achieved when I reflect back. I can hardly wait! I recommend that you obtain this book and apply the learning as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just do it, July 16, 2011
Every single day we have to put goals the night before so that the subconcious start working on them overnight

Just do it

1.0 out of 5 stars Brian "Mr Repetitive" Tracy, December 21, 2011
Tracy is an old school ra-ra man who believes that nothing bad will happen to anyone if only they think positive and stand in front of the mirror and repeat to themselves over and over again: "I feel terrific, I feel terrific, I feel terrific, I am worth a million bucks right now, I can be anything I want," and such inane affirmations and so 60s nonsense. But his feel-good pop psych is just that: feel-good pop psych.

His claim to education is having read a pile of success books. He gives a nod to the father of this genre, Napolean Hill, and to Steven Covey, Norman Vincent Peel, Earl Nightingale, all masters of RA-RA.

Like everyone else in this business, he tells his rags to riches story and tries his best to persuade us that everyone on the planet can get everything they want -- love, money, fame, health, success, etc -- the package everyone is after -- if they buy his pile of assorted merchandise, in which you would not find a single original idea. In other words, he is peddling repackaged borrowed "wisdom", in effect, spurious solutions.

He churns out books (52+ and counting), CDs, seminars, webinars, repeating the same old tired "laws of this and that". He repeats the 80/20 idea like a prayer.

Since the old man discovered the internet, he has got someone to set up a slick site and if you opt in, he'll spam you with hard-sales 365 days a year. He cross-sells for kickbacks other "stars" in this racket. He excels in mass producing inane stuff. If you want real wisdom, pick up a copy from your local library of the works of the real luminaries, from Marcus Aurelius to the old Greek philosophers or even a good biography of a high achiever or two.

If you buy the jaded systems promoted and sold as if they are unique pearls of wisdom from the mouth of Mr Tracy Tricks, you'd be a sucker . (Tracy, of course, knows a sucker is born every minute.) His goal-achievement stuff is so 70s. He markets himself as Mr Fix-It for all the problems that best life and the man with the golden keys (for sale of course) to everything we desire. In other words, a classic phony.

But he is excellent at one thing: selling tinsel-wrapped dodgy merchandise. Of late, he is planting in his stuff a caveat to seek advice from "competent professionals". That is good: if you treat Tracy's stuff as gospel, you are bound to come a-cropper. Take everything he says with a large dose of salt, especially in areas of finance. For one thing, do not follow his advice to concentrate your forces (a simplistic borrowing from military strategy) in financial planning. Better follow grandma's advice of not putting all your eggs in one basket. And if you are seeking psychotherapy, totally ignore this dangerous ignoramus!

Tracy is and old school salesman. Don't mistake him for a premier thinker, expert or learned counselor. He is none of that. But his greed knows no bounds. Make him richer with your hard-earned bucks if you want. But I'm done!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Direction Book for a Successful Life, August 9, 2013
It became clear to me that my son, once he went away to college, needed something to help keep him on track. He is bright and caring but needed more direction and motivation. To make sure he was reading it regularly I decided to read it along with him. This book helped BOTH of us deal with all the crap that was holding us back from a truly happy and successful life, primarily negative thoughts. After just the first chapter I was convinced this was going to work!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Master of Goals, April 6, 2013
Bruce Raine (Anacortes, Washington) - See all my reviews
I am a huge Brian Tracy fan and this was another homerun in my opinion.

He gave us a detailed guide on why and how to prepare our goals. Living with goals has been so significant in my life that I recommend them to everyone. If you disdain using goals, I recommend that you give them a try for a month and see what happens. The power is incredible. It seems that after I set goals it is like magic happens in my life and events happen in ways that I could not even imagine.

I highly recommend this book to anyone but particularly young people just getting started in their careers.

-Bruce Raine, author of Attitude Determines Destiny

4.0 out of 5 stars To the skeptics, September 22, 2012
I think Brain Tracy's methods honestly make sense. I saw all the viewers who gave this book a bad review and how many people actually listened to them. That's sad. I think it's easier for people to believe that nothing good can or will happen in their lives than to believe in the possibilities because of how scary the disappointment can be. In the end you never take the risk and you stay exactly where you were 5 years ago. We sabotage ourselves by not trying or believing cause it's just easier, safe, and not as scary. I say give it a shot. I can say from personal experience that actually writing things down really does make a difference in the way you feel and you immediately feel confident and clear about what it is you want. You start visualizing things too which also adds to the effect of writing down your goals. There is nothing that can compare to that. I say keep at it and keep reading until you've got yourself a legitimate clear set of goals and this book and Brian Tracy is a good way to start. It'll at least get you started thinking about it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book I recommend to everyone!, December 1, 2011
I have read several, actually a whole lot of goal setting books and this one is top on my list.
Tracy offers many different angles to learning and setting your goals, so it easily applies to a
wide variety of personalities. It has helped me from the first chapter, in a new refreshing way.
Great for any stage you may be in! Get it, you will have the directions for a happy fulfilled life.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, August 24, 2011
This is a great book for everyone. If you not only read this book, but also follow its suggestions, you will be more productive and reach your goals.

Goals!: How to Get Everything You Want -- Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible