This five-session, video-based small group bible study, God Heard Their Cry, by noted teacher and historian, Ray Vander Laan, is volume eight of the 12-part Faith Lessons series. This pack includes one softcover Discovery Guide and one DVD.
Vander Laan illustrates how, in ancient times, nothing was bigger than Egypt…powerful pharaohs, strong armies, and a multitude of gods. God’s people were no match against the Egyptians. In this volume of Faith Lessons, discover how God answers the cry of his persecuted people and proclaims himself Lord to them and their oppressors.
Filmed on location in Israel, Faith Lessons is a unique video series that brings God's Word to life with astounding relevance. By weaving together the Bible's fascinating historical, cultural, religious, and geographical contexts, teacher and historian Ray Vander Laan reveals unique insights into the Scriptures' significance for modern believers.
The God Heard Their Cry Discovery Guide (248 pages) includes five sessions. Each lesson…
- Focuses on passages of Scripture explored in the DVD
- Includes sidebars, maps, photos and other study tools
- Features questions that facilitate discussion and inspire personal reflection
- Includes 25 personal Bible studies to help you deepen your learning experience between sessions, and turn lessons from the past into applications that impact how you live out your faith today.
The DVD features five corresponding sessions filmed on location in Luxor, Egypt; Deir al Medina, Ramesseum, and the Red Sea.
These illuminating "faith lessons" afford a new understanding of the Bible that will ground your convictions and transform your life. The Faith Lessons video series is ideal for use in small groups, personal and family Bible studies, and adult Sunday school. Individual believers and families will gain vital insights from long-ago times and cultures through this innovative approach to Bible study.
1. How Big Is our God? – Filmed in Luxor, Egypt
2. Israel in Bondage: God Heard Their Cry – Filmed in Dier al Medina
3. Finger of God: The Plagues – Filmed in Ramesseum
4. Watch with Me: Israel Leaves Egypt – Filmed on location at the Red Sea
5. The Lord Reigns: The Red Sea – Filmed on location at the Red Sea
This pack includes both the five-session DVD and 248-page Discovery Guide.