5.0 out of 5 stars This book changed my view of everything
Published on April 6, 2011 by zarathustra

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good
This book is just a rehash of his earlier book The Spiritual Doorway in the Brain: A Neurologist's Search for the God Experience which is real good. Gave this away, would not get it.
Published on September 28, 2011 by Parker Perry

5.0 out of 5 stars This book changed my view of everything, April 6, 2011
This review is from: God Impulse: A Neurologist Searches for the Spiritual Doorway in the Brain (Hardcover)
I am a pre-med student and after reading this book I now passionately desire to become a neurologist. Kevin Nelson gives fantastic insight on some of the incredible recent discoveries on the human brain. He pretty much explains every way that science can explain or at least give a good attempt of explaining the spiritual experiences of man. I was a passionate evangelical Christian for a great portion of my life and I had many spiritual experiences that i thought would never be explained by science, this book proved that idea wrong. The book both humbles me greatly about my perception of reality and makes me extremely proud to be a human being because of the evolutionary masterpiece that I possess between my ears.

5.0 out of 5 stars Old Info, new package, February 27, 2012
I really enjoyed the book, "The Spiritual Doorway in the Brain: A Neurologist's Search for the God Experience." However, when I sat down to read this book (after returning the aforementioned book to the library) it seemed very familiar. So, I compared the tables of contents of the two on Amazon and they were identical. This volume may contain new information, or it may not. I don't have the other book with me, so I can't say for sure. In any case, the first book was good, but I can't tell the difference between that one and the current one.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant and engaging book, August 26, 2011
The God Impulse: A Neurologist Searches for the Spiritual Doorway in the Brain. by Kevin Nelson is a brilliant book written with elegance and clarity. Nelson takes the reader on a journey in which he systematically demystifies many of the beliefs we may hold about 'near-death' and 'out-of-body' experiences. This is not just a theoretical study into what it may mean when we feel we may have come close to God, but Nelson's arguments are informed by solid, comprehensive and empirically-underpinned research.

The God Impulse is a brilliant and thoroughly engaging journey into the 'borders of consciousness'. Highly recommended!

Christine Maingard, Author of 'Think Less Be More:Mental Detox for Everyone'

4.0 out of 5 stars the god impulse, September 13, 2012
this book is so much different to all the other books that i have read.
maybe i understand it better because i have a medical background.
the fact that it was written by a neuro scientist who prove his experiments
scientificaly makes it so much more believeble. excellent book

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good, September 28, 2011