Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

94%
Format: PaperbackChange

on November 2, 2004
Growing up in communist Romania, Silvia, whose family is strongly Christian, has many obstacles ahead of her. Her family is extremely poor, so they send her to live with her aunt and uncle. Silvia is taunted in school for being one of the "repentant," but she herself is not sure there is a God. Wanting to know for sure, Silvia asks for a miracle. She asks for a pair of shoes, a sweater, and a jacket-things which were nearly impossible for poor families to buy new. Will her prayer be heard? It is heard, and within a week or two, a box arrives with exactly the items she prayed for-and in her exact size. As she grows older, Silvia earns a high school education and gets a good job in a factory. But then, as she helps smuggle Bibles and her Christian activities continue, the police start to follow her. Having Bibles was against the law of the land. Can Silvia escape the communist nation and the fear of being constantly shadowed? Written in an intimate first-person view, Silvia's amazing story will encourage you and make you thankful for each day.
0Comment23 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 26, 2007
This has to be one of the most inspirational Christian books I have ever read and I've read A LOT of them! Silvia had so little, yet was willing to give it all in her devotion to her Savior. It makes me realize how little we do with the wealth we have in the USA. The Bible says, "To whom much is given, much is required." This book has made me realize how far short I have personally come from that requirement. I will seek to do better.
on January 15, 2005
This is one of the best books I've ever read. Once you've started it, you won't be able to put it down! Go to:

(...) I highly reccomend this book, it's an eye opener to young and old!
on October 1, 2007
This is a very interesting read...but almost everyone who has listened to the cd loves it! She does speak a very accented English (naturally) but most people can understand it. Her cd is by the same name as this book. She also is supposed to have published another book called God Knows My Path. I haven't been able to locate it yet... Nor have I been able to locate where to buy the cd...thought I'd try Amazon! :) But it seems they only have the book...The cd is not as detailed as the book. I would listen to the cd first, then read the book if I had a choice. Anyone that finds out where to get the cd or next please post. Thanks!
33 comments4 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 2, 2009
Silvia Tarniceriu grew up in a large Christian family in communist Romania, where faith in God was ridiculed. As a child, she finally came to a point where she felt that she needed to know for herself if God was real and so she laid out very specific requests for Him, and was amazed at their fulfillment. That section of her story was outstanding, and my children (8 yo and 6 yo) very much enjoyed hearing of how God answered her prayers.

The story continues on into her adulthood as she becomes involved in the church children's choir and in smuggling Bibles, earning the harassment of the local police, leading to her eventual attempts to escape the coutnry, leading to time in prison. God was with her through it all. This is an encouraging account and also illuminating for those not familiar with the lot of Christians in communist countries.

I rated it 4-star as I just don't feel it's quite in the category of Evidence Not Seen: A Woman's Miraculous Faith in the Jungles of World War II or God's Smuggler or The Hiding Place. I like it and think it's good, but it's not outstanding. Still, I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys having good Christian biographies on hand.
on March 10, 2010
Puts life and its value in perspective. Makes one appreciate our blessings and faith. Interesting descriptions of the Romanian culture. Would highly recommend.
on September 28, 2011
Silvia's committment to serve an awesome God is very rewarding and can be life-changing. The way the story is told on the CD makes you feel like you are experiencing what she experienced. I listened to the CDs while traveling and it made the trip seem so much shorter as the teller kept my attention.
on July 20, 2012
I had borrowed the cd of this story,from my church.But I could not find the book at the library. So I checked Amozon.com,and found it.
I thoroughly enjoyed reading God Knows My Size!! I almost cried a few times! It's a book that is hard to put down!!!
on July 20, 2013
What do Seniors talk about when they visit? What is the latest book you read? This one was a winner
on September 21, 2013
I have met the author. This is an amzing story of God's love for those who love and follow Him.