Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

New York Times bestselling author, Deepak Chopra delivers a compelling portrait of God, and our belief in God. The author becomes a Master storyteller with an incredible imagination as he portrays the lives of historical prophets, saints, and those touched by a divine power. This remarkable, colorful portrait presents a riveting story of defining moments as Chopra describes the true nature of a changing God, while exploring evolution. The lives of martyrs are captured, along with universal lessons and interesting information is given on the Old Testament verses the New Testament in reference to findings on Paul. We learn through teachings about the lives of Shankara and Anne Hutchinson, how Socrates changed a spirit, and much more. This heartwarming and powerfully moving story tugs at the heartstrings from beginning to end. Refreshing, thought-provoking, and Highly Recommended to all those who enjoy stories that are inspirational and uplifting!
44 comments|41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 25, 2012
I am a huge fan of Deepak Chopra. I have seen him speak and own many of his books. However, this has been the first book that I just cannot get into.
It is very difficult to read and I find I cannot stay focused on it. Perhaps I am not spiratually intelligent enough for the content of this book. The explanations are very intense and complicated and hard to follow for the average person. I may have to try to read it at another time.
33 comments|31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 27, 2012
Dr. Deepak Chopra is one of the most brilliant translators of timeless wisdom and one of the great story-tellers of our time. In GOD: A Story of Revelation, his masterful insights flow poetically and powerfully, as he progressively unfolds the understanding of God through the eyes of histories most lucid sages & visionaries. The diversity of the different voices through the ages and their interpretations and understandings of the Divine offer us a continually shifting perspective in our own relationship to God. In the process, we expand our own belief system and connect more deeply with the divine voice that whispers within. As he walks the reader through this historical journey, we FEEL our own soul connection strengthen and ultimately the awakening of our most universal self. What a magnificent gift! If there was a sixth star for CLASSIC, this book would be deserving of it.
on September 28, 2012
God A revelation.
A wonderfully crafted revelation worthy to be called a landmark of our time
In the fullest sense a perennial story of the eternal quest told by the master storyteller-scientist-sage
Our lovely Deepak Chopra

So wise at weaving physics and medicine with insight and meaning here Deepak returns with timeless stories of
the personal experience of God as expanded or limited by the mind of the experiencer or the society that it dwells in.
Books of this caliber deserve to be aside the classics of the science of the Soul, and God A revelation (as revealed)
in particular heralds an evolutionary leap.

the conscious co creative experience and integration of the spiritual experience transcends religion and civilization as the driving source of inspiration
and purpose and even more so as the human seeks to derive meaning from the challenges of the life of the senses and the demands of the world.

When Albert Einstein was asked by parents how to develop the intelligence of their children to equal that of Einstein he often replied "Tell them stories" And when asked hoe to "truly" educate them Einstein actually replied on many occasions "Have them write their own stories" Deepak Chopra proves again with his stories of lives of human beings who have responded to the challenges of Spirit in the body that the
creative living in its fullest embraces deep insight and conscious growth with practical life as well as transcendent transformation .

Equally comfortable with Medicine or Physics or Psychology, here Deepak returns again for the eternal story of the science

the Science of Spirit.

Bravo Deepak Chopra!

I would reframe the title of the book as an exclamation....GOD! What a revelation!.....
Comment |
on October 11, 2012
This book causes one to stop and think. It is not a book to read through in one setting, even though it is easy to read. There is much food for thought and the author challenges his readers to consider the wide range of thinkers he writes about. What is their role in revealing how mankind's perception of God has changed over the eons seems to be the author's purpose. It is a very uplifting and thought provoking book if you are willing to broaden your concept of God.
44 comments|5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 1, 2013
I loved the lessons of different religions and regions of the whole world. It showed me the similarities in all of the major religions.
It also introduced be to great teachings and teachers of other religions that are in harmony with my beliefs. All of this reinforced my belief in one God and the message of 'Love One Another'. I need to show love to those that believe as I do and especially those that don't believe as I do or look like me.
on January 28, 2013
I think the title is a bit misleading. It has more to do with how humankind has perceived God and dealt with their own down through the ages. It is also a historical indictment of the early church for their early grabs for power and absolute authority over those they were to serve. Rather than one long essay, it is a series of short stories done in an historical fiction style. I found it to be refreshing.
on December 18, 2012
This is an excellent read; Deepak Chopra makes comprehensible what is sometimes difficult to interpret. For example, the book of Job has always irked me, but he gives a very good rendition of this biblical story and brings some clarity to it. At the end of each chapter, Deepak brings more information to the reader in "Revealing the Vision," and all of these are very helpful. Along with the story of Job, he writes about Socrates, St Paul, Julian of Norwich, Baal Shem Tov, and 5 others. All 10 chapters are enlightening and inspiring, and each story shows how thought is progressing and transforming our beliefs.
on January 18, 2014
History's stories are our examples to show us the stages human beings go through to see existence clearly. How skillfully Deepak Chopra shows us types of seeking for truth and he uses lesser known figures in history to make his points. How much more effective it is to use so called ordinary people from history to help us to see how this works for all of us. Not using Buddha or Jesus, as the chapter examples makes this message more powerful and clear for me. The talk on the street is that "we are all Buddhas" and we all have the thread of awareness/consciousness just the same as the historical one. Buddha was an example of Gods consciousness as are all humans everywhere. No separation. We don't believe and know the obvious. How wonderful to see it stated so clearly. We are going to discuss this book at our interfaith council meeting. How appropriate!
on December 16, 2012
Contains stories of religious characters from different time periods and how the perception of God has changed throughout the centuries. Have to be focused to get what the author is expressing. Not something to read in one sitting.