Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: God Loves You. - Chester Blue: An Inspirational Book About a Very Special Bear With a Message From God
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on July 16, 2012
This is a charming book about a mysterious bear that seems to show up in the right place at just the right time. His comforting message and his cache of supplies always solve the problem at hand. The story is very reassuring on many levels, reiterating the old adage that all's well that ends well.

Reading this book to a youngster would be a great springboard for discussing the fact that not all our prayers and wishes are granted in the exact form we would like. It points out that the end result can often be much better when things take an unexpected turn.

The delightful prose will hold the reader and listeners' attention, and I don't feel that any of the scenes are too mature for 21st century youngsters. This book would be an excellent gift for nieces and nephews or grandchildren--expecially if you can read it together. However, it could also be a wonderful way to provide some long distance TLC when you can't be with them.
on July 14, 2012
This is one of those books that offers you escape from the noise around you. The story telling is smooth and just as Chester travels from one place to another making things better, he would have done the same for you. You may or you may not have an 'aha' moment but you will finish the book, enchanted by this blue cuddly miracle.

In a gentle tone, Suzanne relates the story of this travelling blue bear. Of course, some cynics will point out the unrealistic concept of such a thing but again, escape is why most of us read. We want to escape from the drudge of our daily lives into a world where things are better and we are certain of what is going to happen. We want to step away from fiction knowing that it has made us feel better, one way or another. This book does just that.

I give it a PG rating, not because of language or any sex scenes, there are just some scenes I would not recommend for 6 year old or any child under 10.

Overall assessment:
Content: 4.5/5
Editing: 4.5/5
Formatting: 4.5/5
Pacing: 4.5/5
Offensive content?: I would rate it PG.

Disclosure: I received a review copy of this book from the author through Orangeberry Book Tours. I did not receive any payment in exchange for this review nor was I obligated to write a positive one.
on October 2, 2012
First, the book is very well written and is appropriate for any age group.
I enjoyed reading it and appreciate the imagination and depth of feeling the
author shows.
So why only three stars? (I would have given the book 3.5 if available)
The premise is that the little blue bear shows up just when needed and
helps the receiver solve a dilemma. But it seemed to me that the bear was
often secondary to the solution. Without divulging any plot points, it
is often something other than the little blue bear that comes to the
rescue...I just felt the author lost her way from time to time and
could have tightened up the narrative.
I did receive a copy of the book from the author for review.
on July 20, 2012
I was fortunate enough to win this as a first-reads giveaway, but I would have gladly bought this book. It was one of the most up lifting and inspiring books that I have read in a long time. Suzanne Anderson is able to remind the readers that no matter what our circumstances are we are loved. She does this with a wonderfully told story.

Chester Blue is a very special stuffed bear. He is a source of understanding, courage, and a family bonding agent. But most importantly a messenger from God. Although he lives with one family, Chester Blue travels cross country touching and changing the lives of those he comes in contact with.

God Loves YOU. - Chester Blue is not only a wonderful book to read for yourself, but to read with the children in your life. I told my girls about it as I read it and now we are starting to read it as a family before bed. I know that the story will touch and inspire them also.
God Loves You. -Chester Blue is a sweet story. I loved the message of the book. It reminded me of this quote from Spencer W. Kimball - “God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs”. Chester Blue with his little suitcase travels from person to person working his magic to help those in need. A good reminder that one person can make a big difference to a lot of people.
There were some continuity and editing issues. I loved the first half of the story but then something got lost as the book continued and it felt a little choppy. Chester Blue would just appear and help people but we were never told how he got from one person to the next.
If you are one who reads with a critical eye then this probably isn’t for you. If you want a sweet heartwarming story with a reminder that God is out there watching over you and loves you then pick up a copy of this book.
A big thank you to Suzanne for sending me this book at a time in my life when I could use the reminder and message found within its pages.

Rating: 3.5 Stars -Good Book
Content: Clean
Source: Gift from the Author
on February 12, 2014
My Dad recently died, and I've been struggling with the sadness. Then I got an email about this book, and the powerful phrase that is repeated "God Loves You" is just what I needed in my life at this time. Nobody may have sent Chester Blue to me, but I believe there was divine intervention that brought this book to me when I needed that message. Just like the people in the book, I needed to read the words "God Loves You" just at the time I got this book. Its very good, a quick read, but so powerful in its message.
on November 13, 2012
"... some people gave up on their wishes and dreams because they'd been disappointed too many times in life and just didn't have the courage to keep hoping things would change."

Believe in Your Dreams. That's the message I took away from this book and one that should be shared. I thoroughly enjoyed reading God Loves You, Chester Blue - an encouraging book of short stories, all connected by this little blue bear who brings hope and love wherever he goes. I especially enjoyed the story about the twin boys who made up adventures for Chester Blue.

This book is an easy read - something you could take to the beach. While it is inspirational, Suzanne's tone is not overbearing but actually quite gentle and sweet.I think it would be enjoyable for young and old alike. Now that I have finished it, I am sending this book to my mom.

Disclosure: I received a review copy of this book from the author. I did not receive any payment in exchange for this review nor was I obligated to write a positive one.
on February 8, 2014
This is an inspirational Christian story dedicated to the author’s bookworm friend Helen Weaver, with occasional biblical quotes between chapters. The narrative opens with the seventy-five-year-old Miss Millie admiring a starry night, having lived her whole life in the town of Blossom, Ohio selling and repairing teddy bears at her special shop. However, a bank forecloses on the building where she operates her business, after which she receives a package containing the titular teddy bear, dubbed Chester Blue with the message “God Loves You.” One of her friends, the mother Mrs. Hilly, calls, her boys having trouble at school, and Miss Millie sends Chester to the family.

Thus begins the bear’s long journey across America, with the Hilly family playing part throughout the text, visiting locales such as the Grand Canyon, Chester Blue finding ownership among various individuals, such as Ted Denton, a national park worker who aspires to be a rodeo clown, a hotel maid’s daughter, a laid-off San Francisco employee named Sam, and a young girl named Jessica, who finds use of the contents of Chester Blue’s suitcase containing blue thread, which also plays part with his various owners. Eventually, this is a short but enjoyable story, albeit with occasional portions that drove this reviewer to go back and reread parts. Even so, the novella is highly recommended.
on March 29, 2013
A great book that really inspired me and reminded me that all things are,possible with god I loved it a lot
on February 16, 2014
Imagine getting a message from God just when you needed it! This short book does just that with stories about the travels of a little blue teddy bear (named Chester Blue) and his suitcase containing a needle and blue thread. He mysteriously shows up one day on the doorstep of Miss Millie, a teddy bear business owner. She is going through a few problems of her own and after finding the bear, decides to give it to Mrs. Hilly, who has twin boys, Ryan and Casey, who are always getting into trouble. The boys take Chester Blue everywhere, lose him, Chester Blue helps the people out who find him, and even lands in Montana one day and Ryan and Casey had never been to Montana! These very short stories bring hope and joy into the hearts of all who read this book. It may be classified as a Children's book, but as a grandma, I totally enjoyed it, and it sends the message of God's love.....what a beautiful book! thank you Suzanne E. Anderson!