Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: God Made Dad And Mom
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on May 23, 2013
I was having difficulty trying to light the bonfire one night... Then I remembered that a lady from church gave me this book to read to my daughter. What a life saver! This thing burnt for a good 5 minutes and got that fire going strong! Great cover! Great paper quality! Great alternative to fire logs!
2828 comments| 1,117 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 23, 2013
How do you brainwash little kids to hate gays and lesbians? Here is an example written by a pair of fundamentalist Christians. Lots of cute pictures and simple text conveying a message of hate. Sure to be popular with closet case homosexuals who hate themselves or for those screwed up parents who fear that their children might be gay.
55 comments| 485 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 24, 2013
I know we all worry that our children don't hate enough - or don't feel sufficiently superior to be pompous and rude to their little classmates. Thank the Lord we now have this book to teach them that God wants them to smugly put down their friends' families. Glory! "God Made Dad & Mom [& Step-Moms 1 through 4]" is worth it for the cover illustration alone: It reminds mixed-race tots that even if your father is black, the Lord wants you to be a blond, blue-eyed Caucasian. A "Bringing Integrity To Christian Homemakers" Book Club selection for June 2013!
33 comments| 260 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 22, 2013
This is the worst example of a children's book I have EVER seen. This book deliberately teaches hatefulness, self righteousness and is judgmental. Using religion as a tool to make other equally loving family dynamics inferior is Just shameful. Teach your child LOVE inclusiveness and Kindness to others.THAT IS WHAT JESUS WOULD DO.
77 comments| 434 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 23, 2013
There is a wide variety in animal "families". Some do have a mom, dad, babies, but most do not. Some do not every procreate. Some live in families of friends. Lions live in polygamous prides with 1 male and several females. Chimpanzees in estrus have sex with any male they can get to mate with them. As do domestic cats. Do you have any pets? Have you ever seen a dog or cat in heat? To claim all animals live in a specific type "family" is ludicrous at best and hysterically sadly funny.

As far as teaching bigotry and intolerance to children, shame on you. Shame on your homophobia. Innate inborn qualities like sexual orientation are just how we are born and trying to make a cute little book to continue to spread intolerance and hatred is sick. Yes, sick. Child abuse is wrong and you should be ashamed.

Picking and choosing a verse or 2 from the bible to say is "fact" while ignoring so many more is wrong. Speak out instead against mixed fabric clothing instead, or planting 2 types of seed in a field, and help make the world a better place or even, God Forbid, braiding your hair.

Deuteronomy 22:11 "Do not wear clothes of wool and linen woven together."

Leviticus 19:19 "You are to keep My statutes. You shall not breed together two kinds of your cattle; you shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together."

Timothy 2:9 "I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, not with elaborate hairstyles or gold or pearls or expensive clothes".
22 comments| 159 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 23, 2013
I tell you, I'm always trying to find ways to exert my supremacy. I mean, I'm white, I'm male, playin' life at the easiest setting, you know? Well, this book is TWO! TWO! TWO supremacies in one! It's not enough that I feel better about myself for being a Christian and straight, but this book finds more than a couple people who I could actually PUT DOWN just so that -I- could feel better about myself! Not only that, now I can indoctrinate my children to feel just as superior to all those gays as well! I mean, you got to be carefully taught before they actually start making gay friends and learning out for themselves, amirite?
11 comment| 300 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 29, 2013
The authors are very unfamiliar with the Bible if they think biblical marriage is one man and one woman. The Old Testament has marriages between many people at once, endorsing infidelity, polygamy, and concubines. Using religion to defend bigotry is actually worse than just being a straight up bigot. Shame on these authors and shame on the publisher for this dreck.
11 comment| 224 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 23, 2013
I have finally found the perfect book for my kids and grandkids!! I've been stressing over how to teach them intolerance and hate and this lovely little book seems to be just the ticket!! I can teach them how to bully their friends as well...what a bonus! If you're looking for a book to make The Big Man Upstairs ashamed to know ya...this is the one!!! It starts the hatred at an early age and instills ignorance and bigotry to boot!!! Fabulous little book. Not.
33 comments| 305 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 22, 2013
Just because his parents are interracial doesn't mean you're not terrible bigots. You should be proud that in about 20 years people will look back at your book at the same way they look at Nazi propaganda. You should feel ashamed that you continue to spread a message of hate and hostility towards something you clearly have no interest in understanding. I'm not mad or hate you, I pity you and your inability to leave your bubble and join us in the real world where people should be celebrated for their differences. Your ignorance is ruining the world way more than homesexuals that just want to have relationships. There are so many starving children in the world how about a book called "My Church throws away food they could donated because they don't want to get sued" or " Why do Mommy and Daddy keep having babies when so many are dying in the 3rd world?". There are so many awesome stories in the bible why does everyone only you the negative things. Stop ruining it for actual people of faith that get that your god is bigger than the petty differences that separate our species.

Evolve
33 comments| 206 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 23, 2013
This book bears the seal of approval of the AFA (American Family Association), a christian fundamentalist group that spreads hatred against minorities of all sorts, but mainly gays, lesbians and transgender people. Please do not take my word for it. You may check their website for yourselves, and see the hatred. This particular book denies the science that shows that same sex couples can, and indeed do, provide loving, caring and nurturing environments in which a family can be raised.
11 comment| 143 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse