Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on December 4, 2003
This is a good book for kids who may have a difficult time doing devotionals. It is about unique animals, but there is also good life application for each type of animal. There is a verse included too. A few things are repeated, but it's all good. I read it to some kids (3rd - 5th grade) and they were nuts about it. It's not too deep, but I think it is definately good for kids in the agfe group suggested.
on December 4, 2003
If you ever spent any time watching Animal Planet TV, you know there are many strange creatures wandering the earth. In a thought-provoking style, bestselling author Bonnie Bruno carefully combines engaging animal facts with devotional thoughts and Bible verses. This combination allows preteen readers to celebrate the creator God and his creativity with animals and plants
The reader climbs into the mind of the animal or the plant such as the Goliath Bird-Eating Spider which begins, "You won't find me tiptoeing daintily across a web, because...I'm bigger than a dinner plate! If you guessed that I am the world's biggest spider, you're right! I'm covered in blondish-brown hair, and I'm related to a tarantula. My home is a burrow in the damp, marshy area of a South American jungle."
Each of these 60 devotions contains a spiritual lesson. From the Goliath Bird-Eating Spider, Bonnie Bruno writes, "The Goliath bird-eating spider is known for its quick attack. Words are sometimes like that, too-which and hurtful. God provides self-control at just the right moment, though, when we call on him."

Each page of this remarkable book includes fascinating illustrations from Kevin Brown which will engage the reader and keep them turning the pages. Now young 8-12 year old readers can connect their physical world with spiritual lessons. Parents who want to have these values instilled in their pre-teens should be eager for this book. It combines excellent writing with thoughtful educational lessons about the world and God. I highly recommend this resource.
W. Terry Whalin ([...]
on March 28, 2009
This book is so much fun! It ties Bible and animal facts together in a very kid-friendly way. We use this for our daily devotions. If you like it, also check out "God Created Everything Strange and Slimy", also by Bonnie Bruno.
on September 3, 2004
Weird and Wacky! That could describe your house or mine if kids are rampant. But this time it's the title for Bonnie Bruno's daily jumpstart for families. In 60 different bites, Bruno pulls in youngsters and oldsters alike with weird and wacky creatures that roam God's earth. What is the Alcon Blue Butterfly's weird friendship? Which wacky wasp is a little cuckoo? To find out, read together, spark learning, hone in on a spiritual tidbit and then lift your hearts with a prayer. Sometimes the reading is just a day -starter for our three boys ranging in age from 15 to 7. Other days it may drive us to the the provided link giving "More on the Web." Whenever you decide to use it, just be ready for fun. Remember, Weird and Wacky!
on August 31, 2009
This devotional written by Bonnie Bruno is guaranteed to hook your tween. I happened to leave it around the house and my nine year old found the book, started reading it and raved about it afterwards for hours. It is filled with facts and interesting information to tickle the intellect and encourage the curious. Parents will like its spiritual focus. I'm so glad that I happened to hear about this book. Check it out. You'll be glad that you did.
on September 14, 2004
I bought this book for my niece and found myself engrossed in the fascinating tales. I don't know how Ms. Bruno found so many animals, bugs, fish, and plants to describe. From barking ducks to astronaut fish, each is described as if the creature were speaking to you. Readers can learn more about them on related websites.
on March 12, 2011
This book is wonderful! We use it for homeschool. It features all kinds of interesting animals, providing fascinating facts about them. There is a scripture and moral thought attached to each one, and also resources for further information about the animals.