Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > God of War III - Playstation 3 forum

God of War 3 $14.99 at Gamestop

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 3, 2011 9:01:30 PM PDT
A. Martinez says:
Just saw this in Gamestop website.. they even have it in stores at that price too.

Posted on Jul 5, 2011 7:10:40 PM PDT
Phil Twain says:
Yeah I just caught this too from ign.com People should really take advantage of this since many places don't have it for this cheap. What a deal!

Posted on Jul 6, 2011 8:38:29 PM PDT
mattack says:
New? and for how long?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2011 11:46:22 PM PDT
Phil Twain says:
It's an online promo only so the actual cost after everything runs around $19. Kinda lame now that I think about it but just go on their website to check it out. I'm positive the price is only good for online at gamestop since they said it was an online promo.

Posted on Jul 7, 2011 11:08:32 AM PDT
mattack says:
I ended up searching (I should have done that before I posted before), and I see that you can "pick up in store". If the web site lets you do that, AND it says you save shipping fees -- it seems to me that means that you should be able to get the same price in store.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2011 6:42:32 PM PDT
Phil Twain says:
I stand here corrected. Yeah I actually went up to the mall today and got it at the price plus tax was 16.04. For some reason when I try to pick it up at store they wouldn't give it to me for the price so I called and sure enough they did have it but the employees didn't even know about it till they price check.

Posted on Jul 7, 2011 7:01:37 PM PDT
mattack says:
You called who? I was actually hoping to just go into a Gamestop (I didn't realize I had one very close to work) and get it, without doing the hassle of pick up in store (just so I don't have to time it, or in case I go tomorrow instead).

Posted on Jul 7, 2011 9:31:09 PM PDT
It's $14.99 online and at the stores at least until next week Tuesday (7/12). So, as long as they have it in stock at your local store, it will be $14.99 (plus tax).
Too bad Amazon isn't matching that price.

Posted on Jul 8, 2011 2:39:50 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 8, 2011 2:40:27 PM PDT
mattack says:
Yeah, when I went into GameStop, the guy originally thought that the price was for online only.. I made the same argument I made above (that the web site says you can pick up in store, and mentions you save shipping) that it would be the same price.. He thought not at first, but then volunteered to price check it. Yup. $16.23 out the door. I just printed out my Sony credit card bonus/credit forms too (so it will in the end be free for me). I don't even have a PS3 yet, but I'm close to having enough saved up Sony rewards to get one. (I finished GOW 1 on PS2, and have played part of GOW 2.)

Oh, and as for Amazon not matching, I did fill out the "lower price" form, mentioning GameStop offline.

Posted on Jul 8, 2011 9:14:01 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 8, 2011 9:17:59 PM PDT
John Doe says:
got mine new (black label/clear case edition) today at gamestop 15$, nice deal glad I waited a year and a few months, beats paying 60$
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Jul 3, 2011
Latest post:  Jul 8, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
God of War III - Playstation 3
God of War III - Playstation 3 by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.5 out of 5 stars (939)