5.0 out of 5 stars This is a Must-Play Package for Any God of War Fan
Published on September 13, 2011 by Private Quentin Tarantino Fan

2.0 out of 5 stars Was a french copy
The game was NOT listed as being a French copy & the GOW series has a history of being censored in Europe. planning to sell this copy so I can get an American Uncensored version. Label your Region Copy!
Published 13 months ago by Kagejmorgan

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a Must-Play Package for Any God of War Fan, September 13, 2011
This review is from: God of War Origins Collection - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
I love the God of War series, and its one of my all time favorite game series, alongside such other series like BioShock, Half-Life, It's easily one of the best action franchises to ever grace the medium of Video Games, and it's no secret that all Sony game systems benefit from having God of War on it. The highlights of the PSP's game library were definitely the two God of War games, so naturally I was very excited when I heard the two GoW games were being ported over the PS3. I've played both games on the PSP before, but ever since my aging PSP died on me, I was definitely bummed I would never be playing the two God of War PSP games. Rest assured, two of the PSP games are now available on the PS3, and they are better than ever.

First off, the games themselves. What exactly do these two new games offer for God of War fans? Are they worth the journey? The short answer is YES!!! (OK, that's pretty obvious, but read on anyway). (Minor Spoilers Ahead).

Both games have their own original plots, with CoO being a prequel to the whole series, and Ghost of Sparta being set after the second game. Both stories are well written and bring out entirely new elements and subtexts, filling out plenty of back story and developing the characters, especially Kratos. In particular, Ghost of Sparta does an amazing job at really setting the tone for the rest of series. More members of Kratos family appear, and it's the suffering and the negativity about that is caused by the gods, that really give an understanding of the agonizing ten years he spent serving the gods. It actually doesn't QUITE explain why Kratos went on a killing rampage in the beginning of the second game (it's actually because he was betrayed, in game, in the cell phone game God of War:Betrayal), but it really lingers on Kratos own suffering and more intimate feelings, really showing you as to WHY he's so pissed off. Chains of Olympus is an excellent prequel as well, highlighting the seemingly never-ending quest of serving the gods. At the end, it all comes to a deadly conclusion that would ultimately lead to the most harrowing journeys in video game history (at least for Kratos). In particular, the revelation near the end of the game is the light bulb moment if you always wondered why Kratos made the ultimate sacrifice at the very end of the series.

The games basically follow the same GoW formula, as you will perform combat, solve puzzles, execute quick-time events, and collecting red orbs in order to level up and gain new abilities. The same action-based, combo-stringing, combat is here and works as great as before. You will still gain access to awesome magic and weapons, including my favorite new weapon, the Arms of Sparta. You will be able to combine and use a single combat spear with a heavy duty shield. As a matter of fact, the two games contain some of my favorite magic and weapons. I also love the Djinn, which let's you summon a fire genie that pounds flames into the ground, and The Horn of Boreas let's you wield the name sake, with the ability to freeze enemies in a whirlwind of Ice and wind. However, I'll let you explore all of the new abilities yourself. The controls have also, actually, improved a bit thanks to the PS3 controller. The addition of rumble is a nice feature, and the the DualShock 3's extra buttons provide for easier controls as well (rolling with the analog stick, for one), since the PSP didn't have as many buttons.

Most of all though, those who enjoy the game series for it's awesome level design, excellent stories, great writing, emotional content, and the GoW experience will love these games like the rest of the series. None of the games feel redundant; they are always fresh in it's execution of its world. From exploring the monumental Helios temple, exploring the Pits of Tartarus from the very deep, being present during the seize of the city of Attica, and watching the world crumble beneath a stone pillar, I've always played these games knowing exactly why I treat this game series the ways fantasy fans do The Lord of the Rings. You will not regret playing these games, as you will gain more insight into the unique GoW series, understand the characters even more, and the God of War universe itself. After all, one main reason I play these games is because you love the art of the game, and all of the games here would be utterly indispensable to the series in my eyes. They are just that important to the series.

As you all wanted to know though, God of War Collection, besides giving a wider audience a chance to play these two games, is known for it's "remastered graphics". The team responsible for the previous collection did an excellent job with remastering the visuals for the first collection, as it was one of the big selling points of the first collection. For those of you unfamiliar with the process, the HD remastering adds better texture, speeding up the frame-rate to a constant 60fps, and cleaning up the rough edges and shoddy textures of many PS2 games. It really cleans them up and makes them look more vibrant enough they can hold their own against today's visuals. While these PSP games obviously show some graphics shortcomings due to the fact these are PSP games, they still look excellent. In particular, I personally think Ghost of Sparta looks terrific. Ready at Dawn used excellent graphic technique, and it honestly is the second best-looking GoW game, with the third with the lead. Colors look amazing, the liquid and particle textures looks ultra clean and dense, and the backdrops are stunning and slick. Chains of Olympus is a bit more rough around the edges, but it still looks great and much of the rough edges have been cleaned up.

Perhaps the best upgrade, however, is the HD experience. This may just be a selling point for those who still are able to play their PSP versions. While it's plenty possible to connect your PSP to your PS3, the image will not be very pretty, and it's definitely not as easy and you might end up spending around the same amount of money to do so. But with this collection, the crisp High Definition picture, the pounding, visceral, earth-shaking sound design, all work together and can truly floor your home theater system and your own God of War experience. This is what the medium/art game gamer mindset LIVES for! Besides, these games SCREAM epic treatment. You don't play GoW on a little portable handheld that only has a 4.3 inch screen. You play it with a TV, a home theater system. With astounding sound design, larger than life, awe-inspiring visuals, these are the types of games you buy a Home Theater system for. Thanks to this collection, you can finally translate the PSP games to the area it's truly known for.

On top of that, God of War Origins also features a lofty new addition for people who really enjoy such a thing (nothing wrong with that): 3-D. Alright, fine, I admit it. I did not get any time to check out the 3-D first person. I don't own a 3-D TV, and I agree with such figures as Roger Ebert that 3-D is largely unnecessary and a complete gimmick. However, I can definitely understand why people like the effects, and from what I heard, the 3-D works fine and really helps amplify many effects such as fog and other material. However, I'm definitely hear to tell you that It really shouldn't detract you either way from purchasing this, as 3-D or not, it should not disappoint. If you like it, great. If you don't, also great. It's not a make or break decision in buying the collection, as the main feature here are the games themselves.

As far as bonus features go, you can also unlock trophies. watch documentaries, and spend some time with the DLC. I didn't find the bonus features to be a "must-buy factor", the games included are, but they are fun and interesting. The DLC is definitely interesting and fun, and most GoW fans will definitely find some use and value in it. The Forest of the Forgotten is a brand new arena challenge similar to previous ones, and you will get all new objectives to solve in the vein of Super Smash Brother's challenges, like most of the challenges. The Kratos Legionnaire is basically a costume where you play with a very Golden Spartan soldier, complete with awesome helmet. The roundtable video is where all five creators of the series all meet together and discuss the franchise together. You also get Trophies, which are mostly just virtual bragging rights and a way to compare each others skills. Well, skills predetermined by the software company, but hey. Personally, I'm not a big fan of trophy achievements (I find them trivial and I never go out of my way to achieve them, I just achieve them unintentionally), but some people like them and they aren't too difficult to unlock, as you get them for activities such as beating the game on higher difficulty levels, using items for a particular amount of time, or achieving/completing/coming to certain plot points.

I easily give this five stars for what it is, as all God of War fans who haven't played one of the games here would be fooling themselves if they didn't own this one. The games here are essential to the series, and if you don't have these games, then you should buy this collection as soon as possible. It's true that, if you own the PSP versions, the value of this collection may not be AS obvious (although I don't think many would regret it, given that you can play these PSP games on an awesome Home Theater System). For everyone else, you will be spending your hard earned money very well. I can't think of a single God of War game not worth playing, and this collection is just as essential as God Of War 3 is. The games are, in many ways, more intimate, more personal, and emotionally satisfying, especially Ghost of Sparta, which has one of the best story lines in the series. Really, I'm running out of things to say here, just get it, and you will not be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good collection for God of War fans, September 28, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: God of War Origins Collection - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
I don't own a PSP, so this is the first time I've played these 2 games.
I'll keep it short.

Pros:
Well, it's 2 God of War games in 1 disc, it's fun, and it's in HD. That pretty much sums it up.
The games are kinda short and have little less contents than their 3 bigger brothers, but not by much, so I don't count this as a con. You could finish both games, on Normal difficulty setting, within 10-12 hours. Not too short, in my opinion.

Cons:
- The puzzles can be unclear and get you stuck at times, so are the things you need to do in some boss fights.
- The worst enemy is the camera. It's not so bad on Normal, but it will get you killed a lot on God Mode, and also be a part that makes you stuck on puzzles.
- Chains of Olympus look just passable. They didn't redo any models or textures. It looks like a Playstation 1.8 game with a better rendering and anti-alias. The shadow casting doesn't look right in places.
Ghost of Sparta, on the other hand, looks quite a lot better.

In conclusion:
If you have never played these 2 games before, go for it. These are bite-sized God of War, but it's definitely a mouthful bite.
If you have never played any God of War before, then what have you been waiting for?

NOTES:
*** This doesn't affect the score ***
God Mode in Ghost of Sparta would probably make you want to stab your finger through your ear, and gouge your brain out, Kratos style.
I got stuck in one fight for 4 and a half hours, and I haven't been able to get pass it. Playing God Mode and Challenge Mode in both games could extend the play time up to 20 hours or more. Ghost's God Mode is harder than Normal Mode in Ninja Gaiden Sigma. Chains' God Mode is hard, but not as much.

Anyway, that's up to your skills. So if you're a casual gamer, like me, be warned. The frustration could easily turn a normal guy into The Hulk.

So, if you love to unlock everything, you'll get your money's worth. Though you may need some anger management sessions later.

5.0 out of 5 stars GoW 3D experience!, September 16, 2011
This review is from: God of War Origins Collection - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
What else to say? The GoW series is a piece of true beauty, and FINALLY a 3D experience with Kratos. I see that people here have given a lot of decent reviews about this collection, so needless for me to say much about the gameplay itself. I see no one here has written anything about the 3D effect yet, so I would like to share some 3D experiences about these two games. I have played all GoW games on PS3 except for the ghost sparta. I own a Samsung D7000 series 46'' 3DTV, I got this collection on the second day it came out and have gotten platinum trophy on the Chain of Olympus, but I havent touched the ghost of sparta neither have I played it on the PSP. First of all, these two games are in full HD (1980*1080p), but that is if you play it WITHOUT 3D! When you enable the 3D the graphic degrades a bit into 1280*720 and the game becomes just a bit laggy compare to gameplays without 3D. However, the experience is completely different when you do play it in 3D, the depth the 3D offers is simply astonishing. It is like you are looking out of the window and watching Kratos smashing those monsters! The effect has to be seen to be believed. I also find something that is really interesting and that is, since the 3D adds depth to the graphic, so when Kratos happens to have to jump from a lower level ground to a higher level with a big gap in between (scenes like you will fall and die if you fail the jump), the 3D creates an illusion in which the gap seems a lot wider than it is in 2D, and as a result of that, I fail those jumps so many times simply because the gaps just seem impossible to jump over, and that makes me always look around for props to aid my jumps when in fact it is not necessary. Epic fails on me lol. And also, the 3D in these two games only applies to the gameplay, the in-game movies are still 2D. Anyway, off to my Ghost of Sparta!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesomely EPIC!!, September 16, 2011
Elton Lee (Boston, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: God of War Origins Collection - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
I have to write this review because it deserved to be written and published for worldwide audience. I have played all God of War games except Ghost of Sparta since I no longer own a PSP. At the time when GOS came out I wanted to own and play the game but was thinking it is not worth forking out $$$ for a new PSP just to play the game. Contrary some might say it is worth the price and I would agree on that now after just having finish playing GOS on my PS3!

GOS is Grand and Epic in its entirety. For a PSP game to have such an over the top and jaw dropping visuals and game play for GOS is incredible. I felt like I was playing GOW4! Remastered for HD what else GOW fans want? 2 magnificent games on 1 blu ray and for 40 bucks! Thats a steal.

Chains of Olympus is another stellar game. I used to play this on PSP beating all difficulty levels and I must say that I had a blast! I had hope I would be able to play it on the big screen. And now? Big screen with HD visuals it is. I will enjoy this game like I used to enjoyed it. No complaints. Full of praise for Origins Collection.

For those who have not played the PSP games, I highly recommend you to get it. Your experience with GOW games will never be the same. Stunningly done for PS3 owners and available for worldwide GOW fans. GOW is the only series that is available on 1 exclusive platform PS3. 5 GOW games for the PS3. This is definitely a treat for gamers and especially GOW fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Buy For the God of War Fan..., November 6, 2011
This review is from: God of War Origins Collection - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
Since I do not own a PSP I was unable to play God of War: Chains of Olympus(CoO) and God of War: Ghost of Sparta (GoS). As a big god of war fan I had to resort to watching an LP of them to get my Kratos fix. But just watching a God of War game isn't enough. The fun is in the gameplay, and that is where both of these games shine brightly. Throw in a very nice HD remastering for the PS3 and Trophy support and you come out with two quality games for a very fair price that should make any God of War fan extremely happy.

GAMEPLAY
The core of the God of War series, the games have different gameplay styles. For those who have played the PS2 and PS3 releases of the God of War franchise the level of polish between the games fits with the earlier generations of the games. CHAINS OF OLYMPUS feels like a polished God of War(original) title. The gameplay is quite similar as well. Not much has changed here when compared to the original, but when you would compare it next to GoW 2 and GoW 3.... CoO then comes across with a slightly dated, unpolished feel. It shows its age in the gameplay mechanics but it is also one of the older titles of the franchise. GHOST OF SPARTA feels like a polished up God of War 2 with many of the gameplay mechanics, including quick time events, taking on the more modern God of War 3 style.

Both games of course are a lot of fun to play. Other than some coats of polish and optimization between the games, this is classic God of War action here. Kratos on a rampage destroying everything he touches. Ripping out Cyclops eyes, fighting minotaurs, epic boss fights... Both games have that classic God of War level design. You will spend hours running around solving puzzles and fighting monsters only to find you've done a complete circle two times over, BUT in classic God of War fashion it never dawns on you that you have repeated areas. It gives that classic 'God of War / Pandora's Temple' atmosphere that every game has had since, including the Origins collection.

GRAPHICS
Between both games there is a clear graphics divide. GoS looks pretty much like God of War 2 remastered. It is crisp and runs great at HD resolution. CoO however time has not been kind to. It looks similar to God of War(original) remastered. The game still looks great in HD but there is more sharpness to the textures, and the game comes across dated. That's just visually comparing the two however... both games run fantastic in their remastered state; and while they will not live up to God of War 3 caliber graphics, they do not need too. The graphics are crisp enough to be enjoyable on the eyes and not be a distraction.

SOUND/STORY
Nothing was spared here, in typical God of War fashion both games have excellent dialogue with top notch voice acting. The storyline in both games are very good, and for fans of God of War it will certainly hit the spot. CHAINS OF OLYMPUS is more of a prequel to God of War, Kratos continuing his servitude of the gods prior to his decision to go nuts on Ares. GHOST OF SPARTA takes place after the original PS2 title, and has Kratos attempting to find his brother whom he finds out is still alive after all these years. Both storylines are handled well and give a satisfying conclusion that ties into God of War storyline, and God of War 2.

REPLAY/LENGTH
Both games will share the replay value that you would of felt for God of War , GoW II or GoW III. Once you complete the game you can play it at higher difficulties using unlocked costumes and bonus artifacts(cheats) etc. CHAINS OF OLYMPUS is the shorter of the two titles, coming in shorter than GoW II but longer than the original. Playing on Easy or Normal you can polish it off in around 4-5 hours. GHOST OF SPARTA however easily clocks in at around 8 - 12 hours depending on difficulty. Of course once you unlock infinte health or magic you can easily go through the games in under 2-3 hours for speed runs.

Both games contain a Challenge of the Gods, but when compared to God of War and God of War II the challenges felt a bit easy. GHOST OF SPARTA ups the ante with the end game content however. Upon beating the game you can continue to earn Red Orbs at the combat area. Using your red orbs you can unlock bonuses at the Temple of Zeus including 8 additional challenge of the god maps (Athena challenges). Compiling the almost 1,000,000 red orbs needed to unlock everything will net you 8 additional challenge maps, 2 costumes, tons of enemies for the combat arena and lots of artwork and bonus videos. This easily added about 2hrs of gameplay onto the game after completing it.

OVERALL 92% (9.2 / A-)
At the asking price of $39.99 (as of 11/6/2011) this comes out to $20 per game in essence. That is well worth the price of admission to play two great God of War games, both having been remastered into HD. The upgrade process definitely improved the "visual look" of the games, and for those who do not own a PSP, these people (like myself) can finally play the two PSP god of War titles. With excellent gameplay and mechanics, great storytelling and voice acting, fans of the God of War series will not be disappointed in this ORIGIN package.

NOTE: If you have not played God of War, check out God of War: Collection. This is the remastered GoW and GoW II games. While Chains of Olympus comes first in the story, it doesn't explain to you how Kratos gets his weapons or why he is in service to the gods. Nor does it explain certain visions he has. It could lead to confusion... but in some ways it puts some mystery into "who is this Kratos person?" which of course then is answered almost immediately by God of War.

4.0 out of 5 stars The ghost was unchained from olympus in this game., July 6, 2013
This review is from: God of War Origins Collection - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
Well I bought this game because I wasn't gonna go buy a PSP just for 2 games. So I was glad this came out for PS3 when it did. I did have to wait for it to go down in price a bit before buying.

It was nice they remastered the games trying to touch them up in spots however you could tell it was of lower quality (graphically) then the other PS3 games. It was about the same as the first God of War game maybe but maybe slightly worse (graphically again).

The stories were interesting ones that seemed to just add to the God Of War saga without having to mess with anything in the storyline of the other games. The one game helped bridge the gap to something you find in one of the other games related to the god Hades.

The gameplay mechanics were pretty much the same as previous games without being as difficult as say the third God of War. And the boss fights weren't to difficult. There were times here and there where trying to jump onto something else could require 3-4 or more tries because the game for some reason didn't think you made it or something. Which were the only the real downsides to it.

Overall if you have played the god of war games and haven't checked out these, this would be a good chance to while they are still low in price. You basically get 2 games for the price of one and they are better then the PSP versions.

5.0 out of 5 stars What God of War fans without PSPs have been waiting for, September 23, 2011
This review is from: God of War Origins Collection - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
The Gods of Olympus may have abandoned Kratos, but they have smiled upon us PS3 gamers who never found it worthwhile to buy PSPs and, as a result, never got to play God of War: Chains of Olympus or God of War: Ghost of Sparta. This review is dedicated to all non-PSP users who have not yet played these games. We've all been missing out my friends... until now. Not only do we finally get to play two great games we didn't have access to before, but we also find out about several plot points in the God of War story that were briefly touched upon in the console games God of War II and God of War III, but never fully explored. Examples include: when Atlas blamed Kratos for chaining him underneath the Earth and leaving him there to carry it on his shoulders when they last met, when Hades cursed Kratos for murdering his wife Persephone, and when Zeus told Gaia that she should not have chosen Kratos to kill him but should have instead chosen the "other one". All these loose threads and other questions are dealt with in both Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta.

God of War: Chains of Olympus is a prequel that takes place during the 10 year period before the first game in which Kratos is still in the service of the gods so he could be rid of the memories involving the death of his family. Once again returning as the narrator, Gaia begins the tale of Kratos' latest (or technically earliest) adventure and we see our favorite white skinned warrior in Attica fighting against an invading Persian army, as well as a large Basilisk the Persians set loose on the city, which of course serves as the big opening boss. It is during these first few moments of gameplay where most players will probably notice the rather inferior graphics to this game, with less detailed environments and character models, as well as more faded colors compared to even the ones in the first God of War. There are a couple of other negatives, but we'll get to those later. Kratos fights his way through the city, slaying Persian soldiers and their rotund emperor, and after a couple of run-ins with the Basilisk, Kratos has a one-on-one battle with the large, fire-breathing lizard and puts an end to it, saving the city of Attica. Suddenly, the sun falls out of the sky and crashes into the earth. Even Kratos went WTF? when he saw this happen and is soon told by Athena that the sun god Helios and his chariot have somehow been thrown out of the sky, and without the sun god's light every person and god in the world begins to fall under the dark fog of Morpheus. So begins the adventure where Kratos must save the world from Helios' kidnappers that will test his skills as a warrior, as well as his soul. Chains of Olympus thankfully provides players with what we all would expect from a God of War game originally made for the PSP. Kratos will battle somewhat different versions of his classic mythological enemies such as cyclopses, minotaurs, gorgons, satyrs, and some large saber tooth tiger creatures, although the maximum number of different enemy types falls a bit short compared to the other games.

There are five boss battles (with one boss being fought twice) and they're all done rather well; the final boss is appropriately epic and challenging. As you would expect, QTEs are implemented to have Kratos rip his enemies apart, open large gates, push down pillars and statues, and of course make the women cry out his name in satisfaction while between the sheets. Also to be expected are the large number of weapons and abilities Kratos gets his hands on. He still wields the original Blades of Chaos, followed by the ability to summon a fiery demon to incinerate surrounding enemies (Efreet), the ability to shoot scorching blasts of light (Light of Dawn), a shield that lets him reflect enemy attacks and projectiles (Sun Shield), a large and powerful gauntlet that can smash enemies and objects (Gauntlet of Zeus), and a mask that can shoot out continuously burning green fire (Charon's Wrath). Fun and challenging puzzles involving lever pulling and statue pushing also return to make up the rest of the gameplay. One little negative point about the game aside from the toned down graphics are how some button prompts that pop up on the screen when Kratos is killing enemies will appear late or not at all (though thankfully not too often), or when Kratos slightly oversteps a save point or a point of interaction the accompanying button prompt will disappear. The game will also pause at times right before a cutscene starts. These are rather minor annoyances that in the end are all acceptable considering this was first made on the PSP, so taking into account what the developers had to work with, they did an awesome job transferring the great story, gameplay, and controls of this game to the PS3. God of War: Chains of Olympus just doesn't quite make it to the same level of overall greatness achieved by the other games in the series, but it's mostly because of the smaller enemy variety and the fact that it's not until halfway through that the story and the gameplay really get into high gear. Make no mistake, this is still a very good God of War game. If I were to rate this game on its own, I'd give it 4 stars overall and 4 stars for fun.

God of War: Ghost of Sparta takes place after the first God of War and before God of War II. This game opens with Kratos sitting on his newly acquired throne of the God of War (with Gaia once again narrating), but Kratos' nightmarish memories still haunt his every waking moment. Amidst these memories Kratos also sees visions which are connected to the memories of his mother Callisto and his brother Deimos. The visions tell Kratos that the answers he seeks regarding the fate of his family can be found in the city of Atlantis, so he sets sail to the fabled city against the wishes of Athena. On the way there, his ship is attacked by the undersea monster and opening boss Scylla (which bears more than a passing resemblance to the Cloverfield monster). Kratos' ship is destroyed and as he lands on the shores of Atlantis, he has to deal with repeated encounters with Scylla as well as the trident wielding fish-soldiers of Poseidon, but this is just the first step in Kratos' latest adventure involving tons of bloodshed and action. Ghost of Sparta basically took everything from Chains of Olympus and greatly improved upon it. The graphics look great, they even surpass those of the first God of War and nearly match those of God of War II. A lot of the same types of enemies from Chains of Olympus like minotaurs, cyclopses, satyrs, and undead soldiers appear, as well as some new ones like big walking, armored automatons (robots) and incredibly annoying female wraiths who slash and shriek at Kratos incessantly.

There are six boss battles, most of them very epic encounters against large and deadly monsters. To deal with them all Kratos has his trusty Blades of Athena, followed by an amulet that lets him fire a blast of electricity (Eye of Atlantis), a relic that can create small portal rifts that continually damage enemies (Scourge of Erinys), a Spartan spear and shield that can be used to attack enemies up close and at a distance (Arms of Sparta), and a horn that can create a freezing gust of wind (Horn of Boreas). Kratos also gets the ability to charge his blades with volcanic fire that causes extra fire damage on enemies and can be used to destroy armored enemies and obstacles (Thera's Bane); this ability has its own regenerating meter separate from the magic meter. The combat and quick time events have been given that extra bit of oomph that was somewhat lacking in Chains of Olympus, whether it's during one of Kratos' many past times like slicing up enemies, opening big doors, or making the beast with two backs (or in this case, multiple backs). There are noticeably less puzzles in this game compared to all the other ones. Kratos still pushes around many blocks and pulls many levers, but they're mostly straightforward affairs simply to reach higher ledges or open large gates. The headscratching puzzles that appear here and there in the other games, such as moving specific statues to specific spots to reflect beams of light to a certain point or pushing blocks together into a sort of jigsaw puzzle formation, are all pretty much absent in this game. I'm sure some of you guys will not like the removal of these puzzles and others might even be happy: I personally don't love it or hate it, but it was somewhat refreshing. It makes Ghost of Sparta more of a non-stop thrill ride, since between all the combat and platforming we get certain set-pieces involving Kratos using his blades to slide down steep cliffs and timing a jump to a distant platform or even a boss character. On its own, God of War: Ghost of Sparta would get 5 stars overall and 5 stars for fun; it's definitely a contender with the other console God of War games.

Here's what we've got: TWO great God of War games that come with what we all would expect from God of War, as well as some new touches here and there, not to mention answers to all the questions left over from the three main games. Even the extras from the other games like combat arenas and challenges come with this godly package. And we get all of this for just $40.00 right off the bat. If you haven't gotten in on this already, then you are NOT a true God of War fan. Before Kratos lays his vengeance upon you, pick this up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Get your Mythology ON!, March 2, 2012
This review is from: God of War Origins Collection - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
The Origins collection is a nice set to have. Any skill level should have no problem enjoying these games. The set gives you two different games to play, following the same character. Of course he is a jaded, angry character - pissed off with those Olympians! Lots of nice challenges once you do finish the game. God mode is pretty challenging. I've been a big fan and have played all the GoW games. However, you don't have to have played the previous to get the story line. These games have been out for a while, so maybe not as sexy as some of the stuff out just this last year, but still great graphics, and very cool demons/monsters. In most of my reviews, you'll see I tend to go with the graphics, challenge modes and the monsters over things like the story. Unless the story line just absolutely sucks and is sucking the life out of the game, I can usually look past the story to look at what's important: playing the game!

Personally, I think Chains of Olympus is a bit more difficult than Ghost of Sparta. Maybe it's just me. Here's the reason for the 4 star overall: There is a bit of a let down in the final battles on both games. You kill way sicker monsters getting to the end than in the actual final battle. Being a big fan of disturbing creatures, I like a strong finish.

This is a very good price <emphasize very good price!!> for a set of games you will enjoy. They are rated M - there is some "adult" content (obviously not a spoiler alert considering that we are talking about Roman Mythology) - but can be easily skipped over.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them all, December 15, 2013
This review is from: God of War Origins Collection - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
I love all God Of War games. God Of War 2 will forever be my favorite but all of them is fun to play especially back to back if you have them all. Also if you have them all for the 1st time, try playing them in story mode order if you like games that way. It would be Ascension, Chains, GOW1, Ghost, GOW2, GOW3.

5.0 out of 5 stars MAL FUNCIONAMIENTO DE DISCO DE 2 TB SEGATE BARRACUDA DE ESTE ENVIO, October 30, 2013
This review is from: God of War Origins Collection - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
Good morning, ONE OF THE DISCS THAT SEND ME NOT WORK IN THIS PACKAGE IS NOT RECOGNIZED BY ANY COMPUTER OR FOR ANY TEAM, HAVE A DEFECT, PLEASE how we would SOLVE THIS MATTER OF WARRANTY, OR ANY CONSIDERATION TO MY PARTY GREETINGS ,, .. LATER provided him SERIAL NUMBER

God of War Origins Collection - Playstation 3
God of War Origins Collection - Playstation 3 by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
$19.99 $16.55