5.0 out of 5 stars Still Manly
After reading many reviews about sunscreens I decided to write one for the men out there. Instead of bleating about how this product works well when playing at the dog park, or while riding in a convertible Mazda Miata, I'm going to comment on how it fared during our 3500 mile motorcycle road trip.

To start, this stuff kicks butt. Each morning when I geared up...
Published on July 15, 2010 by Pete

3.0 out of 5 stars Protects from sun but leaves you pasty white
Published 7 months ago by E. Valdez

5.0 out of 5 stars Still Manly, July 15, 2010
Pete (from cyberspace) - See all my reviews

To start, this stuff kicks butt. Each morning when I geared up I applied this lotion to my exposed skin before getting on the bike. Since I ride with a helmet and full leathers this means my face, neck, and wrists received treatment. After about 200 miles of riding and four beers and two shots of whiskey, I'd re-apply to those areas.

I rode my Harley-Davidson Fat Boy through Las Vegas and over historic Route 66 through the Mohave Desert in 108-110 degree weather to California and this stuff kept me from getting a sunburn. Sure it makes my skin a little pale when I applied it but that's alright as it just accentuates my appearance as the bringer of death. I also preferred the Kid's version. It contains better ingredients than the adult version and anyone who had a problem with a forty year old biker using a children's product got strightened out real quick with a spiked gauntlet to the teeth or a bullwhip crack across their backside (yes I do ride with a bullwhip).

On the way back from L.A. we rode across US-50 (the loneliest road in America) at similar 100+ degree temperatures and still no problem with sunburn. The only downside is that our pale skin attracted a flock of buzzards which started following our bikes in formation as we rode at 100+ mph down the swooping spine of America's backbone. That's okay though cause with a quick gesture and flick of my wrist I got them to fly ahead and spot bars for us to stop at along the way home.

All-in-all this product is fantastic. And if you don't mind looking like Hell on wheels or having buzzards fly alongside you in formation due to your slightly pale skin, then get it. It's the best sunscreen I've used to date.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sunscreen for those who truly wish to avoid sun., June 30, 2010
This review is from: Goddess Garden Sunny Kids Natural Sunscreen SPF 30, 6.0 Ounce (Health and Beauty)
After my mother had a few cancerous moles removed, I became quite vigilant about sunscreen at the ripe old age of 16. Unfortunately, despite buying the highest SPF sunscreens, and reapplying every 2 hours, I would inevitably end up tanned - or worse yet, burnt. Blotchy breakouts on my face from even the most gentle of sunscreens was to be expected.

When i had children, who also had sensitive skin, my quest for a good, safe sunscreen became more important. We're outside every day in the summer, and we play hard. I wanted to find a good sunscreen that could protect us all, preferably without rashes and breakouts.

This sunscreen fits the bill. One application in the morning seems to be sufficient to keep us protected all day - even in the water. No one breaks out, and no one complains about the smell.

That isn't to say that it's perfect. It's thick. It's white. If you don't rub it in well enough, you will have friends making anxious inquiries about your health. And if you want a summer tan, well.. this one is probably too effective for you. We're still January pale - and I'm thrilled.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT and it works like a charm, March 31, 2012
Trinity (Savannah, GA) - See all my reviews
Okay - I am a mother of two and I am very health conscious. We try to avoid most things that are potentially harmful and every year in the spring I start studying the EWG website for the best sun screen products on the market. Since we are on a tight budget I chose to try Kids Natural Sunscreen this year as it seems to be the best deal for your money.
Last year we used Alba Botanica Mineral Sunblock which was great but it had a weird smell to it which I wasn't too fond of.
Anyway - The Kids Natural applies super easy if you work it fast! Don't take your time because the slower you work the harder it is to apply and smooth out which results in white blotches.
It smells pleasant and the kids don't seem to mind. If you do decide to jump into the pool you will find out that you start looking like a corpse that has been floating in the river for two days but the sunscreen eventually comes off and you go back to normal. After all it clearly reads that you need to reapply after swimming so that's fine with me.
However I can see that this might be a con for some people but lets just be honest... It works like a charm, it smells good and it is a low hazard product for a great price. To me that's all that matters. WE LOVE IT

3.0 out of 5 stars Protects from sun but leaves you pasty white, June 16, 2014
I bought this product as we were headed to the beach and wanted a non-toxic alternative to the sunscreen products on the market. This provided great coverage and none of us burned; however, we found it hard to spread on our skin and it left all of us pasty white. Also, it rubbed off on our suits/clothes and the car seats. It was also hard to wash off at home without a really good scrub. I was happy that it worked but due to the other issues I will not be purchasing this product again.

1.0 out of 5 stars burned my kids skin, June 17, 2014
my kids have eczema.. I tried it on myself first and noticed a smell like bug repellant. As soon as I put on my childs back she started SCREAMING that it burned. just wasted $20

1.0 out of 5 stars worst Sunscreen I've bought, June 9, 2014
I've read from other sites that this sunscreen would not have the sticky/gooey feeling and would not leave that white film on the skin. It was opposite of what was written. It was sticky and gooey. Leaves a heavy white film on the skin. It's hard to rub off the white. the sunscreen itself looks like it was rotten milk. Worst sunscreen I've ever bought.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but can be clunky., May 15, 2014
L. Elkerton (MA United States) - See all my reviews
I try to stick to natural mineral sunscreens and as some of you might already know they can leave you a little bit white. As everything is relative, I can only compare this to Badger and Kiss My Face natural mineral spf 40 sunscreens. Badger was always too thick for me and I had to rub hard to get it rubbed in and it felt too heavy on the skin. Goddess Garden (adult/kids/baby/and face)- I like it on areas that you can do long quick strokes to rub it in. It feels very nice on the skin, but I always get white little chunky bits on my face and neck. I can never get the Goddess Garden sunscreen to rub in nicely on my kids faces.

I have found some inconsistency between the bottles. I had one bottle turn so thick I needed two hands to squeeze it out. This is after owning it for a while, so I am not sure if it was how I stored it. I did not have this problem with the 5 other bottles I owned.

I ended up buying the kiss my face mineral for my face - it rubs in a lot easier. Because the kiss my face is a lot more expensive, I am using the goddess garden for our bodies and kiss my face for my face.

Just one further note, although I have used the regular, kids, face, and baby - I liked this one best because of the less strong scent and price (buy the big bottle).

Disclosure of Material Connection: I will receive a low-value free gift from the manufacturer for posting this review. I was not required or compelled to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with FTC 16 CFR, Part 255.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great SAFE product, August 9, 2013
Blends in smooth, smells great and is highly rated on the EWG site. I love being able to send my LO outside knowing she's fully, yet safely protected.

5.0 out of 5 stars I really like it!, July 7, 2013
It's basically as natural as it can be but not that thick zinky white as some of the zink lotions can be. It get's in to the skin fairly easy and doesn't leave the skin fully white.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best i've tried, August 8, 2012
This is the best sunscreen for kids i've tried, and i've tried many. Unlike some other natural products,it is easy to apply and smear over skin. All of the ingredients are great (and they specify that that titanium dioxide is not nano-particles).

Goddess Garden Sunny Kids Natural Sunscreen SPF 30, 6.0 Ounce
$19.99 $11.47
In stock. Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.