4.0 out of 5 stars feels protective!
Published on February 5, 2011 by Fire Goddess

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good
I love that it is chemical free. But it is hard to rub in, and it has the white tint to it. Otherwise it's great. I used it in the desert and no sunburns. :)
Published 2 months ago by Belinda Rojas

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars feels protective!, February 5, 2011
This review is from: Goddess Garden Sunny Body Natural Sunscreen SPF 30, 6.0 Ounce (Misc.)
To clarify.. I got the facial sunscreen. I ordered the body one by mistake & easily exchanged it for the facial version. I bought this sunscreen as a recommendation from a friend. I was looking for one which scored well in the chemical/health area and which also covered well without being too heavy. And, I'm pretty happy with it. It absorbs fairly well but if you don't rub it in rather quickly, it tend to get a bit thicker & a little harder to absorb/rub in. I also find it leaves my skin a bit shiny but if I rub it in a bit more, that goes away. It doesn't feel greasy or heavy yet I do feel protected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Burn Free in Triple Digit Heat, August 15, 2011
I live in Texas, or as far as we can tell this summer, hell. It has been well over 100 degrees for over a month now. I have been listening to all the recent reports about sunscreen and the issues with ingredient safety, effectiveness, etc. After much research, I decided to give this one a try. (I usually buy SPF60 or higher.) It has the zinc oxide my mom used on me as a kid. I am very fair and burn easily, as does my son.

This past week, we went in the heat of the day to a water park for some fun. My husband, who never burns - only gets brown, went with us and decided against the sunscreen. My kids and I were not even a little pink by the end of over 3 hours in the sun, in the water, during the hottest part of the day (with only the one application)! My husband burned pretty badly. I can not rate this item high enough!

A little goes a long way with this stuff too. It goes on a bit white, but soaks in. I find that helpful because then I can tell if I got everything covered. Also, when I use the chemical based sunscreens I invariably get a metallic taste in my mouth around 30 minutes after application. No metallic taste in my mouth all day with this stuff. It is AWESOME!!

Look no further - you've found THE one to buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, August 9, 2009
I absolutely LOVE Goddess Garden Sunscreen! Not greasy at all, and I can use it on my face and my body. Smells lovely...lavender!

4.0 out of 5 stars Goddess Garden Sunscreen, January 30, 2013
This product is slightly grainy, but it does go on smooth and wears well underneath my makeup. It also has a very pleasant smell.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST natural sunscreen, April 28, 2014
I have tried numerous "natural" sunscreens out there (Aveeno, Badger, TruKid, ThinkBaby, and others) and this is DEFINITELY the best for the money. You can buy 6 oz. for under $20 and it works GREAT! We are moving to Indonesia and I plan to buy a bunch to take with me (we've used this everywhere from Germany to Texas and in between, so we know it works well!).
LOVE that it is NOT full of junk chemicals, yet goes on well (sometimes leaves a bit of white "pasty" look, but keep rubbing it in and its fine!) and protects really well!
Thanks, Garden Goddess!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sunscreen, December 2, 2012
I love this sunscreen. It isn't super thick like a lot of natural sunscreens and rubs into your skin well. Works great!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great sunscreen for kids, June 21, 2010
I bought this sunscreen for my son because I read that conventional sunscreens contain Oxybenzone, which I'm not saying is bad or anything, but its effects have not been tested on children, only on adults. I figured since there are products on the market that don't contain this ingredient, I'll try some out. I bought a 6 oz family-size bottle for $20 shipped. I also bought a sunscreen from Purple Prairie (they have a Web site), but that hasn't arrived yet. With this product, it's a little runnier than the thicker conventional sunscreens, but you can actually see it coating the skin. We have brown skin, and in the sunlight, I saw a very slight whitish coating on his skin, so I know where I applied all the sunscreen. I found this to be a good thing, and really, there was nothing else different with this product. I am happy with my purchase and hopefully prices will come down in the near future.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!, May 12, 2014
I truly love this sunscreen - first of all it smells so nice - hint of lavender, it goes on easily does not make your skin white - readily absorbed, not greasy; and the best part it works great protecting my skin in the sun! We had some very hot days in NJ this May and this sunscreen kept me from burning while I was busy gardening. I have been looking for a safe sunscreen for years for my young daughter to use looking forward to having her use it when the pool opens at the end of the month!
I recommend this to everyone and especially for kids! Its sooo safe!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I will receive a low-value free gift from the manufacturer for posting this review. I was not required or compelled to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with FTC 16 CFR, Part 255.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, April 25, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, July 24, 2013
I love it. It has to be applied and distributed quickly, then it goes on evenly. It's mostly organic, non-nano and with no toxic chemicals

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›