Goddess Guidance Oracle Cards
Format: CardsChange
Price:$13.41+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on January 30, 2006
Now before you tear through me for having a differing opinion, I want to say that Doreen's work is important and she does a wonderful job. Here are my opinions:

She seems to just keep churning all of these oracle decks out. There are so many of them. I understand that the different themes accommodate for peoples tastes, for example: I have the Healing with the Fairies and Goddess Oracle and I bought my sister the Unicorn Oracle. But there just seems to be a processed feel about it.

As a working Wiccan and study of the Goddess for years, I found all of the information very surface, again I understand that she is bringing the light of the Goddess to the wider public and makes it easy to understand, but where is the "Dark" Goddess archetype? I really wanted to see Hecate or Persephone in here. There are some amazing lessons of facing your fears, your "shadow self" and compromise to learn from these goddesses. There is nothing scary or evil about these Goddesses. At least she has included some powerful transformational Goddesses like Pele and Kali.

The Artwork as always beautiful, but that mostly comes from the fact that the artists who painted them putting their time and love into each piece. It is easy to Google image search and find Goddess images. So that part of the oracle would have been quite easy. The gold lining gives it a nice touch.

I would recommend this to people who are just starting out with Goddesses. A really good oracle is: The Goddess Oracle by Amy Sophia Marashinsky, Hrana Janto.
1919 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
"By working with the goddesses, you heal and empower your own inner feminine wisdom, which is within every woman and man. Your intuition is awakened, allowing you to be even more psychic. The goddesses also clear and open your heart chakra, which results in increased manifestation abilities. As we all awaken our own inner feminine power, our world becomes more balanced..." --Dr. Doreen Virtue

The goddesses are powerful, loving beings who want to help you with every part of your life. Goddesses come from various cultures and religions and work "hand-in-wing" with the angels. Dr. Doreen Virtue--clairvoyant, Doctor of Psychology, and angel therapist--has created a stunning new deck, Goddess Guidance Oracle Cards, to assist you in contacting goddesses, receiving their important wisdom for both yourself and others.

This 44-card deck comes in a sturdy, glossy box and is accompanied by a 119-paged Guidebook. Each card has a gloss finish, featuring gorgeous artwork by various artists and a short message from each goddess. What I found the most delightful about the cards is their gilt edging. Remember the old family Bibles whose pages shone gold while shut? This is the lustrous effect of gilt edging--perfect for a deck dedicated to the goddesses, don't you think?

The goddesses featured in Goddess Guidance Oracle Cards are from both ancient and modern cultural and religious traditions, spanning Greek, Roman, Mayan, Christian, Gnostic, Buddhist, Egyptian, Celtic, African, Norse, Hindu, Inuit and other affiliations. In the Guidebook, expanded information for each goddess is given including:

*A channeled message from the goddess
*General meanings for each card (key phrases)
*Brief bio (history, religion/tradition, characteristics)

Dr. Virtue gives insightful pointers in the Guidebook including how to consecrate your deck, give readings to others, and use the cards for personal meditation, guidance, and healing. She also gives advice on spreads, reading reversals, and storing your cards. I especially like her advice on how to instantly infuse your deck with white light, clearing it of muddy energy (rap your knuckle on the deck with your dominant hand) and how to "read" a person when talking on the phone to ascertain their character and motivations.

If you're looking to honor divine feminine wisdom and guidance offered by the goddesses, as well as incorporating their loving and profound wisdom into your life, I highly recommend this deck. In addition, these cards can be used in conjunction with Doreen's other oracle decks.

(To see 6 images from this deck, visit the Reviews section at [...])

Janet Boyer, author of The Back in Time Tarot Book: Picture the Past, Experience the Cards, Understand the Present (coming Fall 2008 from Hampton Roads Publishing)
on April 15, 2005
When you open these cards up, it's like an amazing present you got as a child. The art work and the gold siding makes them seem devine.

For me this is a hard deck to read such as... "Sulis: Spend time near water, such as lakes, river or ocean, to recharge your batteries" its meanings range from large to vauge and then there are very straight forward cards... "Bright: Stand up for what you believe is right."

It's a mixed bag, I think it depends on how you relate to the Goddess energy. It's still quite useful, yet I prefer her other decks. I figure it's only a 44 card deck because of numerology principles behind the number 44.

Four out of Five stars for beautiful artwork and functional deck.
on January 10, 2005
I got these for Christmas and totally loved them. I actually don't own anything else of Doreen Virtue's but these I felt an instant "must have!" vibe.

They have gorgeous images of 44 beautiful goddesses on golden cards. I love the shiny gold on the sides - nice touch. There are some glaring omissions, however (hence only 4 stars instead of 5) in the list of goddesses, not the least of which include Venus, Hera, Danu, Nut, Coatlicue, Hecate, Lilith, Hestia, Oshun, Baba Yaga, Minerva, Blodeuwedd and Vila to name a few. Maybe it would have been better with a few more?

To use them in readings I've found them remarkably accurate for both myself and others. I recently used them when reading at a psychic fair and they had 100% success.

A beautiful deck to celebrate the feminine Divine.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 5, 2008
I've been a fan of Doreen Virture's work for a long time now. I love her meditation CDs, books and oracle cards. Her messages are very loving, peaceful, beautiful, relaxing, and help me connect with the Divine Source. She uses positive archetypes such as angels, saints, fairies, etc. Her Chakra Clearing Meditation CD is my all-time favorite meditation CD.

I've tried one of her oracle cards and several by other authors, but Doreen's Goddess Guidance cards are by far the most beautiful, accurate and inspiring I've ever come across. And I've also found this deck at the right time when I'm getting into Goddess spirituality more. Goddesses seem to resonate with me probably because I'm a woman and also because they're more human, less intimidating and less mythical than other archetypes. I am in the process of reclaiming my feminine power, which is not the same as power in the masculine sense or in the negative connotation of the word.

These cards I found have been the most accurate and useful oracle cards I've ever tried for myself. They seem to speak to me directly and are in tune with who I am and where I am in my life. I find that I get very helpful guidance and insight about myself and about other people that is just so right on. I really do feel like I'm getting clear and correct messages from the Universe when I use these cards.

I also like that Goddesses from different cultures around the world are represented. There are, of course, more of the more well-known Western Goddesses and there are lots of Celtic goddesses in the deck. But it's nice to see Pele and some other Polynesian as well as Egyptian and Asian Goddesses. I'm surprised not to see that many Graeco-Roman Goddesses, though. I would have like to see more of those. I'm also a little surprised to see Guinevere and Isolt as Goddesses, I don't think I would have ever thought of them as such until I saw them included in this deck. It's great to see Mother Mary and Mary Magdelene as well. Being a New Age Catholic, I like being able to integrate my religion of origin with my current, more eclectic and wider-ranging beliefs.

All in all, I am very happy with The Goddess Guidance Oracle Cards. The artwork by different artists is just amazingly beautiful, and there are so many messages that you can find in each one. The cover artwork of the Goddess Dana is what originally drew me to this deck. It really captures the essence of a strong, grand, beautiful, powerful and serene Goddess. The gilt edges on the card make the deck feel very sacred, which they are. The words on the cards and in the guidebook are very positive and nurturing as well. I intend on using these oracle cards for years to come.
on July 25, 2005
These cards were recommended to me by a friend. I was truly amazed at the quality of the cards and the artistry. They are very uplifting and I enjoy using them everyday.
on August 5, 2005
This deck is so beautful and uplifting. I love doing daily readings for myself with this deck as well as in depth readings. The art is spectacular and the messages are clear and precise. Love it!
on November 27, 2004
I recently bought this oracle deck(I have 3 others by doreen virtue),and I just love the pictures of each goddess...they are

beautiful,and what I love about this and doreen's other decks is

that they are positive even when they are "reversed".I think that

is what turned me off to the tarot....I mean,I know that there

is both positive and negative in this life,but I enjoy these cards because they are uplifting and inspiring.I'm not putting

down the tarot,because it's a wonderful tool too,it's just that

there are some people who are drawn to the tarot,and some who

are not.But this was a good buy for me.
on September 24, 2009
I have been using Doreen Virtue's angel decks for some time and have really enjoyed them. Because of that I decided to venture into her other decks and eventually purchased the Goddess Guidance deck to round out my collection. I am Wiccan and have been a practicing Witch and Pagan for 22 years. I have spent a great deal of that time learning the myths of various Goddesses and working with a handful on a very close and personal level. I had thought this would make a great daily reflection and meditation tool because of how inspiring and uplifting her decks are. However I was very disappointed to find that all of these messages in this deck, regardless of the Goddess involved, are almost sickly sweet and oozing with new age nonsense.

There are a handful of much darker Goddesses (Kali), warrior Goddesses (Maeve) and even figures that aren't actually Goddesses (Oonagh) that carry messages that are really reaching to try and stay out of the darker parts of things (dark doesn't mean evil...without the darkness and solitude found within the soil a flower seed cannot germinate and sprout to become a work of beauty). This avoidance of darker aspects is disturbing almost. I'm still trying to wrap by mind about the idea of Maeve being a Goddess of "Cycles and Rhythms"; she is a warrior Goddess that created a great deal of havoc in her attempt to best her husband so that she would have the most property of value in the home in order to sit as head of the house. She was also known for her sexually seductive ways in order to gain what she wanted (something that is lightly touched on with the comment that "her sexual appetite was legendary". But how Maeve has to do with menstrual cycles I'm still scratching my head.

I will agree though with other reviews, the artwork is beautiful on many of the cards though again, some completely miss the images of the Goddesses in favor of my pretty images and some, like the card for Hathor, have been slightly modified from the original art (all of which is easy to find online), something I can only image is to prevent offending anyone (in this case the waters of life as supposed to be seen streaming from Hathor's breasts and in this image her nipples are, where the water comes from in the original painting, are faded out and covered by clouds almost completely so they aren't even visible).

If you're someone that is familiar with Goddesses on a more than cursory knowledge of them, this deck is not going to work for you. If you're someone that is new to Goddess energy this might be a gentle way of introducing you to many of the different stories out there. Either way I deeply urge those that use this deck to do reading and research beyond just what is in the little guidebook that comes with the cards and look toward the Goddesses themselves for direction. You might be surprised to find where they actually take you.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 7, 2005
I have oracle cards by Doreen Virtue, and I aboslutely love this deck. Every deck has a vibration and feel all its own, and this one is no exception. This deck is very empowering and clear with messages for all men and women. I love the Goddess card deck!