Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 19, 2008 8:29:30 PM PDT
Mary Lou says:
For some reason, Wikipedia states that in 2008 the Godfather Trilogy 1901-1980 (the three movies in chronological order with SOME version of the deleted scenes that were added to the Saga and the Epic) "was released on DVD." It's news to me, and as far as I can tell, news to the Internet. Does anyone know if this is even planned for down the road?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2008 5:18:32 AM PDT
Are you talking about the late 70's version of which part 1 and 2 combined: events shown in chronological order? I wish it was available. There were many key scenes which were important, if you have ever seen them.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2008 10:23:01 AM PDT
Mary Lou says:
Yes, that is the one I mean. It is available on VHS but as I said, Wikipedia specifically said that it would be available on DVD in 2008. Now I'm thinking they got confused and thought this "Coppola Restoration" set was it. It's not.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2008 5:34:59 PM PDT
I think we're the only two people waiting for the "Saga" to be released on dvd. When??? Do you know?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2008 7:05:22 PM PDT
Mary Lou says:
No, I do not know - that was my point. I don't even know IF it's true, much less WHEN it will happen. But I do think a lot of other people are interested in the Saga. Read some of the other discussions on the "Coppola Remake" site.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2008 5:31:06 AM PDT
Ok, thanks. BTW, which one was your favorite movie? Mine is part 2. Though the horse head scene in part 1 was my favorite scene.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2008 6:01:22 AM PDT
The Saga/Epic version of Godfather was re-broadcast on cable a few years ago as well. I would love to see that version in an HD format as I really enjoy watching it. In that version a few scenes seem to be filmed from other camera angles as well as the various plot changes and the deleted material. Its a great version of the films put together, I for one hope it is made available.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2008 6:55:55 AM PDT
One can hope for it...ever since I bought a blu-ray player, watching AND listening to movies in HD is awesome, even if the movie isn't blu-ray. Though I know non-blu-ray movies aren't HD. It's still great to watch.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2008 10:15:53 AM PDT
Mary Lou says:
I agree with you, I think II is the best. But I is also a masterpiece.

Posted on Nov 14, 2010 7:02:33 PM PST
there is only one way to watch the godfather movies and that is watching it on the laser disc box set called the godfather trology 1901 - 1980. so i transfered it to dvd.there are so many parts of the movie that they have left out and now it is in order....for example part three has an extra 13 minutes in it that helps that movie out.

Posted on Feb 21, 2012 7:51:50 AM PST
I, too, have been waiting for this version...I have it on VHS which I still treasure. I'd even buy a "Trilogy" which is saying something as I really did not like Part III. But really hope that the chronological version is released on BlueRay/DVD. Will be checking back if anyone knows some new info.

Posted on Jan 31, 2014 6:16:55 AM PST
As a Godfather fan, I can't wait for a definitive chronological edit to hit BD someday (soon?).

Previous chronlogical edits include: (1) "Godfather 1902-1959: The Complete Epic" which is a VHS-only 402 min. chronological edit of Parts I & II not available on DVD or laserdisc. Doesn't include Part III (171 min.) which would take it to 573 min. total; (2) "Godfather Trilogy: 1901-1980" which is a Laserdisc chronological 583 min. edit of Parts I, II, & III (std 171 min. for Part III); and (3) "Godfather Saga" (aka Mario Puzo's The Godfather Saga: The Complete Novel for Television) which is a chronological 605 min. edit of Parts I, II, & III with added footage (434 min. for Parts I & II plus std 171 min. for Part III) done for TV broadcast only. This version was never issued commercially in any format. Some lucky people like me were able to record it off TV.

ALL of these chronological versions are slightly different and all contain at least some footage not contained on the other versions! Come on Francis, give the fans a super complete chronologiocal edit sooner rather than later!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2014 8:58:49 PM PDT
Hi Duane, if you're still out there, could you private message me at hitwitstuff@gmail.com
Please, I'm a huge fan of the trilogy 1901-1980 version. You'd be doing me a solid in a pay it forward way.
thanks.
Ken
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Sep 19, 2008
Latest post:  Mar 9, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Godfather Collection (The Coppola Restoration) [Blu-ray]
The Godfather Collection (The Coppola Restoration) [Blu-ray] by Marlon Brando (Blu-ray - 2008)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (1,829)