Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on March 27, 2012
This is called a bread tray but it can be used for so much more. Right now my tomatoes are sitting in it but I've used it for flameless pillar candles as a centerpiece with greens and berries during the holidays, as a fruit bowl, as a serving dish for cold salads such as fruit salad, potato salad, mac salad - just place it in the frig ahead of time to chill it. And just last week we had family ice cream Sundae night and rather than making a complete mess of the kitchen, I filled this with individual 'sundae' servings so when all was said and done and I still had a clean counter without ice cream melting all over the place and sticky syrups dripping everywhere, we sat at the table and each took our own 'sundae' serving out of this icy cold 'bread tray' and had so much fun.

Make no mistake - this is lead crystal. It is heavy. Very heavy. And it is big - very big. An regular loaf of bread will fit in this just fine as well as rolls of varied sizes and shapes and some of the fancier breads available now. I've also used it to serve stuffed celery, stuffed peppers (they stand up well in this without toppling over), and celery/carrot sticks standing upright. The longer I leave it out where I can see it, the more uses I get out of it. I hand-wash as I don't have a dishwasher, but I would hand-wash any kind of crystal anyway. The dimensions listed are accurate but I've included a few photos so you can see it in action.

It would make a nice gift because it is attractive and extremely versatile.
review image review image review image review image
on January 29, 2013
this is NOT a fragile little thing. Heavy crystal piece here. I have a double level bread box and use one on each level. ( white and wheat bread) Holds a full loaf of bread ( full disclosure.. I do slant the slices a little because the slice of bread is just a LITTLE wider than the widthe of the space the tray allows. but it still holds the full loaf) If you should ever want to set slice bread out for guest ( making their own sandwhich??) This would add a touch of class. GREAT PIECE!!
on September 3, 2015
I purchased a second one of these because I was so pleased with the first. No fancy bread service 'round here. One is being used in the bathroom to hold relevant products that I ran out of space for in the medicine cabinet, and it really classes up the place. The other is being used on my dresser to hold perfumes and such. This is very heavy, quality crystal - no bubbles. I did affix clear rubber bumpers to the bottom of the one on the bathroom vanity to reduce the possibility of it sliding around or collecting water underneath it. The sides are straight up and down, and the bottom is nearly perfectly flat. Things fall over much less often in both.
on December 28, 2011
I've reviewed other items from this collection before, and they are all the same - great piece for a great value. They look wonderful in any style kitchen and look wonderful on display. What I like best about making the shift from white ceramic to glass, is that they really don't lose their color or stain easily as other colors would. Excellent purchase, can be used for many ways, not just for bread...it could hold any type of food, dessert of even large enough to store your cutlery or napkins for a larger party.
on December 4, 2015
This was an absolutely great value! Beautiful Godlinger Dublin crystal in a tray that will easily serve a loaf of home baked bread, or a double row of cookies. It is heavier than I expected. I am very pleased.
on February 18, 2015
i love Godinger crystal, i love every collection they have on Amazon, i will continue shopping as i have purchased a load of collection. the quality is excellent, it shines it glows and makes the dining table rich and classy and every elegant.
on February 26, 2016
Beautiful!! I Love the Godinger line of products. Godinger has a wide variety of products which makes it possible to coordinate and set a beautiful table when entertaining. The Godinger product line is affordable and doesn't break the bank. I feel comfortable using it for company unlike some crystal that is extremely expensive and upsetting if a guest or I break a piece.
on January 19, 2015
I used these to hold cellophane treat bags on the candy buffet table at my daughter's wedding in November. The bags fit perfect and the dish was an elegant addition to the table. Beautiful and sturdy!
on November 18, 2010
I was so pleased when I got this crystal bread tray. It looks like it cost $100 or more!! I can't wait to use it for Thanksgiving.
on March 26, 2015
This is larger than expected...heavy too. "Tray" looks wonderful and very pleasing. It is not really a tray, more like a box without a lid. It is a nice show piece on the table. Price is very good. Would definitely buy again.

See 1 answered question