Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

Format: Hardcover|Change

on May 14, 2010
I am a Muslim mom and I loved reading this book to my 6 year old. The message of unity, not division is so powerful and the illustrations are absolutely beautiful. These are the kinds of life affirming lessons our children need to hear in the world today. Diversity is strength and our success is dependent on us coming together as one people. That is and will always be God's Dream.

Updated review, June 2013: A few years ago, I purchased multiple copies of this book and distributed to various nephews, nieces, and friend's children. In the end I was left with 2 copies, one that I kept for my daughter and one that had no home...until now. My second daughter fell in love with this book when she was 3 months old. Any time we read her the book and show her the pictures, she immediately cheers up. This is her favorite book and we never leave home without it.

Highly, highly recommended.
on October 23, 2009
The story and illustrations in this book are appropriate for early elementary-aged children. The authors convey to the readers a solid, nondenominational message of friendship and acceptance without being overly pragmatic or preachy. I would recommend this book for purchase by parents or teachers looking for a story of morality and values with a religious spin, but in a format that is attainable by a younger audience.
on June 27, 2009
What a great man Bishop Tutu is, It is unfortuate that we only like to celebrate celebrities for whom most have not done very much for the human family. This book contains some of the greatest words of liberation and ascendancy. Not to mention some of the best of,prolific prose, quotes, and profoundity of all times. This is a must have for "all people" and "all times"! Yes, for kids!
There are all different kinds of children in the world, but two things they have in common are that they are all God's children and each and every one of them dreams. God dreams too and many little children might just wonder what he dreams about. Archbishop Tutu thinks he might know. Among the many dreams that God dreams he says that:

God dreams that we reach out and
hold one another's hand and play one
another's games and laugh with one
another's hearts.

Not everything goes well in the life of a child, but God will always be with him and in his heart. We are all different, yet we are all in the same family. There is a way to make God's dream come true. Do you know the secret?

This is a charming book with wide-eyed illustrations that compliment it perfectly. This is a book with no specific audience, but rather one that is universal. It is the perfect book to emphasize the importance of peace, love, sharing and the fact that we are all brothers and sisters.
on September 11, 2011
I stumbled across this book at a used book store and thought it was the most beautiful children's book I had ever seen. The illustrations are at once warm and realistic. The children are lively and feel "real". Each page is colorful and each face brightly expressive. The text is also beautiful and deeply meaningful. However, I know that just because an adult likes a book does not mean that children will be as enthralled. This morning I read this book to group of about 10 (generally highly active) children in Children's Chapel at our church. They were all mesmerized. In the 2 years I have been working with this group of kids, this is the most attentive I have ever seen them to a book. A couple of hours later I happened to be around one of the children from that group and she picked up the book again and started telling me the story. So, they loved it and got "the message" from it. I am writing this review just because I pulled it up on line to order a couple of more copied for our church library and for my niece. I can't think of a nicer gift.
on January 4, 2011
Reading "God's Dream" to my grandchildren during Christmas week was a real treat. Happily my six-year old granddaughter proudly declared that her classroom (south Jersey)had children that looked like all the diverse children in the book. It is good to connect reality with idealism; this book does that. It is not relevant to just one or two religions, but appropriate for everyone -- of faith or doubt -- everyone of good will.
on August 22, 2015
Sweet book that sends the message that we want our children to learn about God's love for all of humanity. My toddler doesn't understand the words yet, but he loves reading this sturdy board book, seeing the children, and pointing out the cats and dogs on almost every page.
on January 30, 2016
I chose this as a birthday gift for my nephew on his 4th birthday and found it just exquisitely beautiful This is the image of God I want him to have, one that will heal the world if it is shared by enough children.
on November 17, 2015
I am an atheist (raised Catholic), and my husband is Muslim. Our long-time best friends wanted us to be be their son's godparents. We were so honored to accept because, although all of us have differing views of spirituality, at the same time we have mutual respect and even admiration of each other's backgrounds and chosen paths. I wanted to find a spiritual gift that would be suitable for a Catholic child, but that would not betray our own beliefs. This book is so very beautiful on so many levels and was absolutely perfect for the occasion. We wrote a lengthy letter to our godson inside the cover that he will appreciate when he's older and, until then, we hope that he will treasure the message and learn from it.
on January 3, 2015
Excellent book by the Archbishop Desmond Tutu. This book sends a resounding message about God's dream for us. We are a collective rainbow of people who might look different from one another, but were created to work together for the good of all people, and to respect our differences. The illustrations are very well done.