5.0 out of 5 stars Another incredible novel by AJ Scudiere!
There are really just 2 types of readers - those who are fans of AJ Scudiere, and those who will be.

Just as her second novel (Vengeance) was very different from her first (Resonance), AJ Scudiere has written yet another very different but no less awesome novel.

Published on October 1, 2011 by Browncoat Bill

3.0 out of 5 stars A good story told too long
First things first as always. I received this book via a GoodReads drawing and therefore didn't pay anything for it. Despite that kind consideration I'll give you my honest assessment as always.

In general I find it rather distasteful to say much of anything about the plot but in this case I will make a very slight exception. At a very high level the book...
Published on November 12, 2012 by Rob Slaven

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Another incredible novel by AJ Scudiere!, October 1, 2011
This review is from: God's Eye (Paperback)

From the very first page Gods Eye grabbed me and wouldn't let go. I won't give anything away in this review - I think the less you know going in, the more you will enjoy it.

Just buy it. Read it.

It might just change the way you think of good and evil.

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly amazing book, well-written - brilliant - HIGHLY recommended!, September 16, 2011
This review is from: God's Eye (Paperback)
Katharine Geryon was born into wealth and position. Her father runs Geryon & Light, an investment company, which she will be expected to take over when he retires. Her mother ensured that Katharine knew all the proper social protocols and deportments for her station. Katharine has always done as expected, done as she has been asked, and just coasted along through life. All that is about to change with the appearance in her life of two men - Allistair and Zachary - dark and light - good and evil? Katharine is about to have her eyes opened ...

"God's Eye" is an amazing book - I truly wish I could tell you more about the story itself, but it is structured so that, if I were to give you any more information, I would inevitably spoil it for you. While the set-up is perfect for a paranormal romance, that is not what this is. Not to say there is no romance, but that's not what the book is about - the book is about choices, understanding and learning to see what is around you by truly looking rather than just coasting. It is about Katharine finally growing up and learning to see the effect she truly has upon the world and to consciously choose to make things better. I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys reading - it's well-written and brilliantly characterized. I've read all of AJ's books and they just keep getting better - I'm anxiously awaiting her next novel, "Phoenix," although there is no word as to when we can expect that one to be finished, since it appears to still be in the research stage.

"God's Eye" is AJ's third novel and is scheduled for release 10/1/11. Her previous books are "Resonance" and "Vengeance." Follow the progress of AJ's 4th book, "Phoenix," at [...] Thanks to JKS Communications for the chance to preview this amazing book!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book has it all - romance, science, thrills...prepare to stay up late!, September 16, 2011
This review is from: God's Eye (Paperback)
I got drawn in to Katharine Geryon's life immediately. I started cheering for Allistar, then Zachary, back and forth. This novel kept me intrigued with the twists and turns. I love it when, as a reader, I connect with the characters, which was very much the case with GOD'S EYE!

4.0 out of 5 stars Paranormal mystery and romance, October 31, 2011
This review is from: God's Eye (Paperback)
(Note: This book is not from a Christian publisher!)

Katharine Geryon was raised to follow in father's steps and continue the legacy of Light & Geryon, an investment firm that made money hand over fist. While turning a blind eye to questionable business practices, Katharine continues to work diligently so she will be ready to take over when the time comes. Yet, two men enter her life simultaneously who turns it upside-down. Allistair West is hired as a new trainee at the firm, and Zachary Andras moves into the vacant condominium next door.

Add in some peculiar and unwelcome manifestations in her home, she slowly comes to expect piles of soot and ash on the floor. When messages begin to appear on her mirror, she seeks the assistance of Margot, the head librarian at her local library. With Margot's help, they decifer not only the messages left, but also who (or what) is vying for life.

This is not only a well-written piece of fiction about the battle between good and evil, but also the coming of age story of Katharine. Will she be able to break free from her family's business and heritage, or will she continue her father's legacy? Will she choose the appearance of good or the reality of evil? Or will she stand-up for herself and become the woman she hopes to be?

* * * * * * * * * * * *

"He pushed his way through the synapse between the spaces. It required more energy than he possessed. It always did. For now, he paused and inhaled the searing air deeply into new lungs, holding it despite the pain."

A.J. Scudiere's new novel, God's Eye, begins with mystery and keeps you riveted until the very end.
Snatch this book as soon as possible and curl up for a great read!

My rating: 4 1/2 out of 5 stars

Why 4 1/2 you ask? There were a few scenes that were a bit too descriptive in the romance-side and a limited number of profanity. Because of this, I am not recommending this to my teenagers to read.

I received this complimentary e-book from netgalley.com and Griffyn Ink Publisher for my honest review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Paranormal Psychological Suspense Fantasy Thriller with elements of steamy romance!, November 21, 2011
This review is from: God's Eye (Paperback)
God's Eye introduces us to Katherine Geryon, a woman who has lived what some would call an easy life. Growing up in an affluent family with a controlling and emotionally absent father and a mother who taught her that appearances are everything, Katherine simply floated through life, turning a blind eye to what she did not want to see and letting all of her decisions be made by others. Working in her father's company, she was viewed with envy and distrust by most people and she never put forth the effort to make any real connections or to cause people to view her as anything more than she appeared. When two gorgeous and charismatic men suddenly appeared in her life during the same time that unexplained phenomenon began happening in her home, suddenly she had no choice than to open her eyes and notice the things happening around her. Finding herself in an emotionally charged sexual relationship with both of them, Katherine knew that eventually she would have to choose, and she was slowly starting to become aware of what making the wrong choice might cost her.

It's difficult to put my finger on the genre that God's Eye would fit into because there are elements of so many. I would call it a Paranormal Psychological Fantasy Thriller with elements of steamy romance. The plot wound slowly around these characters, building suspense and tension as I tried to figure out which was angel and which was demon and which would Katherine choose in the end.

Ultimately, God's Eye was about the far-reaching results of the choices that we make every day. It's important that each person is aware that our decisions can have consequences outside of ourselves and that when we make a choice that affects others we have to acknowledge and own it. Only with awareness and accountability can we begin to change the way we think and act. When we begin to open our eyes, our mind, and our heart, we can begin to change both our own world as well as have a positive effect on the world at large, even in small ways. Katherine's choice seemed to be between Angel and Demon, good or evil, but as shown in the book, sometimes its hard to determine which is which. Katherine had to look at the ripple effect of what first appeared to be small, unimportant choices but even when her eyes began to see, she was still unsure which was the right path for her to take.

I want to take a minute to mention that Alistair and Zachary will probably appeal to those who love Paranormal Romance. This one does not lack in the "steamy love scenes with hot supernatural guys" department. I was immediately drawn to Alistair because it seemed that his character had more depth than Zachary, but I'm sure others will find Zachary's alpha-ness highly attractive.

Overall, God's Eye is a book I think many people will enjoy. Once you get past the frighteningly awesome cover, you'll see that this story goes much deeper than your average angel/demon paranormal romance. And the image on the cover will make sense in the context of the story. I would recommend God's Eye to anyone who enjoys paranormal romance, horror, or psychological thrillers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome from start to finish!, November 17, 2011
This review is from: God's Eye (Paperback)
You know those books that you just rip through so quickly because you WANT TO KNOW? Well this is one of those books! I sometimes take notes as I read. It helps me sort things out in my brain and really helps with reviews, especially if the plot is complex and the characters are layered as thickly as the ones in God's Eye.

Now I am going to write out a couple of my notes so you can see what kind of awesome mind screwing this book will give you, in a good way.

1st Note: What are they? Angels or demons? WHO IS WHAT? OMG! I must know! (yes exactly like that)
Explanation: This book does NOT let you know who is the bad guy or who is the good guy straight away, nor does it really give you many hints. You are left pondering that til the very end and even then you are like ..."whoa really dude?" I like this very much! Instead of being spoon fed the answers, I like that you have to dig around to figure things out! Awesome! Plus points for you God's Eye!

2nd Note: Sexay tymes! This book has them! The naughty bits are very naughty. It was enough to bring a blush to my cheeks at times! The scenes are not descriptive so much as they are ..how do I say it..they give just enough details to let your mind go to it's very own special place of naughty. (Make sense?) Which again is pretty darn awesome!

So this book is pretty heavy on the psychological and a little light on the fluffy bunny humor and the sweet sparkly romance, so if it's a cutesy romance read you are after you will NOT get it from this. If you like your books to have substance and a bit of a mind twist, this is where you'll get it. From start to finish, God's Eye delivered for me. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Provocative...Spellbinding...Gripping..., October 15, 2011
PattyLouise "Patty" (The lovely East Coast!) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: God's Eye (Paperback)
Recommended for: Readers who love a fantasy with a mystery that is thought provoking and a bit scary...
Read from October 11 to 14, 2011 -- I own a copy, read count: Just once

My thoughts...

This is one intense and deeply provocative book.

I was caught up in this story immediately. This war that the three main characters were waging with each other and unknown forces was captivating.
More elaborate thoughts...a few days after I finished this book...
This is a fascinating...a totally fascinating concept. Katharine and Zachary and Allistair ... the main and most important characters...were all involved with each other. Zachary and Allistair were not of this world. Both want Katherine... and what I loved about this story is that I could not tell who was good and who was evil at any given point during the telling of this story. At one point I thought they were both evil because the good guy did not always act like the good guy and the bad guy did not always act like the bad guy...no wonder Katharine was a mess. That leads me to Katharine...sole heir to her family's business and fortune. Trained from birth to be both a debutante and a business woman. From the beginning she was torn between two men. Men? Let's use that term very loosely.
Let me state again that at the beginning of the book one of the men seemed good while the other seemed not so good. After a hundred pages in...I had no clue which was which. And I could not put this book down...
Strange things continue to happen in Katharine's apartment. She finds soot and ashes and creatures. She is frightened and yet tells no one. She declares one man her boyfriend but the other one is always in her thoughts and her dreams. Have I mentioned that there are tons of sexy juicy bits in this story? There are. They are beautifully written...not offensive and quite amazing. Enough said by me.
Just for a minute let me discuss Katharine. A good girl. A girl without friends. A girl who has not felt normal parental feelings from her parents. It is sort of all business. She is their only child. She is both daughter and son. She does what she is told within her father's business. Her life before Allistair and Zachary is colorless and bland. She abides by the rules. Until these two beings enter her world and disrupt everything Katharine never questioned anything. Now she questions everything. What are her father's business interests really doing to the world...how much should she care about the repercussions of so much wealth for so few and so much pain for so many? The good thing is that Katharine begins to care and question. She makes a friend. She challenges her father. She challenges Allistair and Zachary.
The ending is dramatic, exciting and yet in a way peaceful. Things change for Katharine and perhaps she is better able to live the life that she should be living.

Ambivalent thoughts about this book? It might have been a tad too long but I am used to reading so many YA books that are half this size so that is most likely just me. And I did not get how Katharine declared Zachary her boyfriend after a few days...when they did not really do things together. Other than those minor issues...loved it!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Live To Read, September 24, 2011
This review is from: God's Eye (Paperback)
Katharine is the main character of this novel. She has grown up in a wealthy family, groomed to take over her fathers' business. She has never been out of the ordinary or stepped out of line. Everything changes when she meets Allistair and Zachary.

The two men are very enigmatic and mysterious. She finds herself attracted to both. The novel actually doesn't contain an overabundance at all of romance. Instead, Katharine must truly see and pay attention to what is going on around her if she is to have a prayer of guessing correctly in the obscure ending.

Katharine was a great character to get to know. She is inquisitive, kind, and smart. She is a fairly strong female character, which is great as that quality is fairly unusual. The secondary characters are well-developed and fun to get to know, the reader will enjoy delving for clues with Katharine into the two mens' backgrounds.

The events are fairly fast-paced, the ending is perfect, and this book is great for adult readers.

*complimentary review copy provided, this does not affect my opinion in any way*

4.0 out of 5 stars Angel v Demon, September 14, 2011
This review is from: God's Eye (Paperback)
I recieved a complimentary copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.

What a pleasure it is finding a new favorite author. God's Eye about Katharine a woman who always does what is expected of her. A woman born into a wealthy family finds herself caught between two new charismatic men in her life who push her toward a choice. But how does one choose between an angel and a demon when you don't know which is which.

What a great premise. I enjoyed this book for the great original story and well written characters. I was thrilled to get an early review copy and highly recommend this supernatural read.

5.0 out of 5 stars God's Eye, November 10, 2013
Knobby (Darlington, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: God's Eye (Kindle Edition)
This book is incredible. I was fortunate enough to download the book when it was available for free on Amazon but would have been more than happy to have paid the list price.

This is the story of an angel and a demon who are desperately competing for the soul of one seemingly normal young woman.
Full of unexpected twists, this book is at times creepy and surprisingly steamy and will have your heart racing as you constantly have to re-evaluate what you think you know and try to determine who is the angel and who is the demon.

Gods Eye is amazing and will keep you guessing until the very end.

Highly recommended.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

God's Eye
God's Eye by A.J. Scudiere (Paperback - October 1, 2011)
$14.95 $13.46