Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

33%
67%
Format: Paperback|Change

on January 9, 2007
Elisabeth Elliot did a fine job writing this book. She offers a lot of spiritually-mature common sense. If you're looking for A-B-C steps to follow, this isn't that. It isn't a checklist on how to get what you want from God. But she has a lot to say that will open your eyes to ways God may direct you. It's one of very few books besides the BIble I would call important to everyday Christian living. I bought this last copy to give our daughter, and I hope she finds it half as helpful as I do.
on February 19, 2008
What a timely and encouraging read this was for me, and so different from the simplistic, ten-step self-help books that permeate Christian bookstores today. Elliot moves through the principles of ascertaining God's will, beginning with the foundation of the Lord's prayer, discussing promises, conditions, and objectives, and finally outlining the means.

For me, the most helpful section of the book was closer to the end than to the beginning. Regardless, the book is full of simple, honest, and profound truths: "I feel a little wistful now and then that God leaves so much up to me. The exercise of the intelligence is taxing. Couldn't I just shut my eyes and ask for a vision?" (92); "Seeking the will of God as though it had nothing to do with anybody else leads to all kinds of distortions" (103); "I have found it true that obedience may lead me not to the fulfillment of my own ideals of spirituality but to very unexpected situations, very 'unspiritual' situations, in my view, that are meant to teach me to be meek and lowly in heart" (67).

Knowing that God's Guidance was written by a woman who lost her first husband to martyrdom, and who chose to minister among his murderers, made me eager to imbibe the truth it shares. It would be helpful for anyone who is seeking to find out what God might have for his or her future.
on November 12, 2015
Full of useful information for a young woman who wants to live godly. Elisabeth writes to her daughter who is far away, wanting her to know the things she should know to beware of certain things as she navigates through her young adulthood. As a single woman over forty, I still found it useful.