5.0 out of 5 stars John is growing as a writer.
Published on November 9, 2012 by George M. Kiebler

3.0 out of 5 stars not as good as the 1st 2
I loved the first 2 of this series, this one just doesn't live up to the first 2. it was decent but not the level I had expected
Published on December 20, 2012 by Shawn Sullivan

5.0 out of 5 stars John is growing as a writer., November 9, 2012
This review is from: God's Lions - The Dark Ruin (Kindle Edition)
This is the latest from John Lyman. I eagerly await each new offering. His skills as a master story teller continue to bloom. I often read in front of my computer and look up details from the text. His research is excellent and his tying of the Cathar religion and Montsegur burning of Cathars got my love of history kindled in a new direction. I love a novel that is wrapped around actual events and places. In this book John opens the door wide for many more stories to come. I plan to read them all. My only regret is that I would like to see him charge more for his work. He is worth the money and it would allow him to write more. Tell your friends, they will not be disappointed.
Bud Kiebler
Franktown, CO

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely loved it!, October 31, 2012
This review is from: God's Lions - The Dark Ruin (Kindle Edition)
I am a huge fan of this series! For me, each one builds upon the other beautifully while still adding a new and exciting plot. I have been waiting for the third installment of the series for months and was hugely satisfied after downloading and reading "The Dark Ruin" the same day! I found myself totally caught up in the book right up until it was time to take my daughter out trick-or-treating. For fans of this series and the religious thriller genre you're in for a thrilling, intelligently crafted novel!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic 3rd Book in Series, November 23, 2012
This review is from: God's Lions - The Dark Ruin (Kindle Edition)
Absolutely loved this 3rd book! Sometimes a book in a series doesn't live up to the last one, but all three books have been wonderful. I would definitely read these books in order to fully understand and fall in love with the continuing characters and stories. So very well written and now cannot wait for Mr. Lyman's next book in this series. God's Lions has taken me on such a spiritual, historical, terrifying, beautiful ride and I am looking forward to book #4. Thank you, John Lyman, you are truly brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book in ages! I couldn't put it down!, August 23, 2013
Deborah Johnson (San Francisco Bay Area) - See all my reviews
I stumbled onto this series via Kindle and I am so glad. What a wonderful author. This book series is well written, suspenseful, and has everything in it anyone could ever want! There are spies, good vs. evil, really bad villains, really good good guys, romance, strategy, world travel, history, warriors ready to give up their lives for a good cause, secret locations and hiding places, plus I am a Catholic and it's nice to have Catholics portrayed in a good light for a change. I don't know of anyone who couldn't find something they like about these books! For me it's like they were written especially for me. I read all three books in less than 2 weeks. I couldn't put them down and HAD to know what happens. I can't wait for the next book. Thank you John Lyman!!!! You have a new major fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars God's Lions Series - Truely Entertaining, September 2, 2013
All three of the books in John Lyman's series (God's Lions) have been entertaining. He had done a fabulous job with the character development of each member of the Bible Code team and the storyline around the encrypted code in the Bible. I have thoroughly enjoyed the story line regarding the changes to the Catholic Church, the love interest of a priest who became a cardinal and the continuing story of God's plan, the Antichrist and how the code in the Bible sheds light as events unfold.

I anxiously wait for God's Lion - Realm of Evil to be released.

...Richard

5.0 out of 5 stars great series, August 30, 2013
This review is from: God's Lions - The Dark Ruin (Kindle Edition)
loved it and it left me wanting more. I really enjoyed that no romantic drama. Yes there was some romance but it was keep to a minimum and i appreciated that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely great - this no electricity just kicks the socks off of its two preceding novels, August 28, 2013
This review is from: God's Lions - The Dark Ruin (Kindle Edition)
I LOVED THIS BOOK!!! The science was just right. The military aspects were laid out in glorious detail. Most importantly it firmly established that there are evil forces in this world that would dominate all of us if it wasn't for the courage of a few good people. While that should be a no brain(we), as this book so eloquently points out, perhaps we've become just a tad to.materialistic which is the first step towards the outcomes postulated in this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Dark Ruin, August 21, 2013
This review is from: God's Lions - The Dark Ruin (Kindle Edition)
Once again, the book seems to take longer to get started, but it's still a great book. There was not nearly the emphasis on the codes in this book as there was in the previous books, but there was a lot more travel and intrigue than before. I was a little disappointed in the overall ending but that has me looking forward to the next book all the more. The disappointment was offset by a surprise relating to a central character, and I cannot wait to see what happens in the next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars God's Lions never disapoints!, July 24, 2013
This review is from: God's Lions - The Dark Ruin (Kindle Edition)
I just finished Dark Ruin and like the rest of the series I could not put it down. Read this book in two days, lost a bit of sleep but I just could not put it down. I cannot wait for the next installment to be released. John Lyman is a terrific writer and this series will keep you on the edge of your seat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh my!, July 21, 2013
Gloria Smithey (FERNDALE, WA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: God's Lions - The Dark Ruin (Kindle Edition)
This "fiction" reads as a prophesy of how close we are to end times. The author captures our imagination and makes us believe that we could very well be living with the antichrist who has yet to reveal himself. The story is completely believable, riveting, frightening. I could not put the book down.

God's Lions - The Dark Ruin