- File Size: 1960 KB
- Print Length: 308 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Burning Ember Press (March 26, 2014)
- Publication Date: March 26, 2014
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00J9I7E80
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#159,269 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #299 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Action & Adventure
- #449 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Technothrillers
- #499 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Military
|Print List Price:||$9.99|
Save $7.00 (70%)
God's Loophole Kindle Edition
"Salt to the Sea" by Ruta Sepetys
Just when it seems freedom is within their grasp, tragedy strikes. Not country, nor culture, nor status matter as all ten thousand people aboard must fight for the same thing: survival. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
The writing was good and I don't remember any typos or awkward sentences, which is always a real plus.
Language: There was a lot of profanity, most of it by the girl, I think to make her more abrasive and shocking.
Sexual Content: There was no sex scene, but plenty of thought about it, and a couple of awkward moments. Again, might appeal to men, more.
Overall Message/Plot: I guess I already talked about most of this. If there was a message, it was that just because we can, doesn't mean we should, to paraphrase Malcolm in Jurassic Park. The main idea of creating an isolated bubble was cool and suspenseful, and had me hooked. I just wish that Mr. Rix hadn't felt the need to complicate things with a sex interest.
I've seen people make comments such as - those 5 star reviews on Amazon must have been made by the author, their friends/family or their publishers. This irritates me tremendously. I want everyone to know that I do not know Mr. Rix in any way other than reading his books. My husband bought Triton for me because he felt like it was a book I'd enjoy and I did. I requested to be added to Mr. Rix's mailing list because I liked the book so well. I am not related to him, am not his friend as I've never met him, and I am not affiliated with his publisher in any way. I gave this book a five star review because I enjoyed the book that much!
I think the reason I had a hard time getting into the story at first was because I had to keep stopping to look things up about different schools of Physics to get an understanding of what the characters were talking about. That being said, as soon as the explanations and extrapolations were out of the way, it became easier to settle into the story.
I'm hoping that since most of the scientific explanations were taken care of in this book, it won't be repeated in the second book and therefore I can become immersed in the story a lot sooner.
The characters of Gabe and Raedyn are very intense and I really am looking forward to the next book in the series
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I couldn't put "God's Loophole" down. It's hard to find a great story that plays with the basic elements of our universe in a scientific way that is both accessible and... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Ensorcell
I picked up this book on a whim. It was a freebie and the synopsis appealed to me. It’s the first Dan Rix book I’ve read, but it won’t be the last. Read morePublished 2 months ago by The Twisted Book Curmudgeon
Just a few editing glitches, but loved the way the story played out- already ordered and starting the next book. :-)Published 4 months ago by Walter808
Decent story line, ending was lacking, and going on to the next book in the series wasn't compelling.Published 4 months ago by Amazon user
I picked up this book on a whim. It was a freebie and the synopsis appealed to me. It’s the first Dan Rix book I’ve read, but it won’t be the last. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Book Curmudgeon
Great start to a new series (for me)! I stayed interested throughout the story and was very glad there are other books to read in this series! Read morePublished 7 months ago by Stephani
I loved God's Loophole. It kept me on my toes and up too late at night. I couldnt wait to get to the end to find out what happened but didn't want it to end! Read morePublished 11 months ago by sle
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Literature & Fiction
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Technothrillers
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Horror > Occult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense > Paranormal
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Military
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Technothrillers
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Action & Adventure