Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on January 31, 2011
Beautiful book of poetry - expressing the struggles of a religious man in a secular world. describing love at first sight which has endured almost a decade of marriage.
November's insights into life are truly unique, and sensitive. Spiritual and practical. Godly and worldly.
His critique of secular knowledge is carefully balanced by a graceful sense of humility. Truly and enjoyable read.
on May 2, 2011
I had the pleasure of hearing November take part in a panel at LA Times Festival of Books and met him afterwards. Wonderfully humble man. When he read one of his poems durin the panel, I was overcome with awe. I had a physical reaction to the simplicity and power of his words. His poems of marital love and the stuggles of a spiritual life in these times are a welcomed breath of fresh air. I cannot wait to see what he will publish next.
on April 11, 2013
I am not an avid reader of poetry, mainly I read selections from magazines like the New Yorker, etc. and, honestly, I haven't bought a poetry book in probably 20 years. I saw 2 poems by Yehoshua November in a magazine and decided to buy the book. Every time I open this book and read a poem it stops me from whatever I'm doing and makes me think about life, relationships and God. The problem is, I have difficulty going back to my day afterwards!
on March 10, 2014
I don't read a lot of poetry. Admittedly, I am not an expert. But Yehoshua November's work truly moved me. His love for his wife comes through in every word. I can just about feel the ache he feels when they are separated. His love for Jewish life is equally extraordinary and eloquently described.

I can't wait for the next volume of his work.
on November 8, 2015
“G-d’s Optimism” was the first book of poetry that I have ever purchased and read. It was truly a pleasure to read and I cannot see myself enjoying any other work in the same way. November’s insight into the world and the creation of the world is expressed very clearly in his writing. My favorite poem from his collection was “G-d’s Optimism” which is dedicated in honor of Norman Maranz. The analogy of the rock and creation in the poem painted a very clear picture about the universe and G-d’s mercy. Additionally, it reminds the reader how little we are compared to the Almighty but at the same time reveals the immense love that G-d has for us. I will always treasure Yehoshua November’s poetry and read it when I need a little inspiration.
on February 21, 2014
I find "God's Optimism" both moving and awe inspiring.
I enjoy it every time I read it. I have also given Yehoshua November's
book as special gifts and the recipients all love it and thank me
profusely for the thoughtful gift.
It's a book to treasure and I highly recommend it!
on January 8, 2013
A beautiful book. For anyone who ever thinks about God and/or religion, I highly recommend this collection of poetry. A very well received gift.
on February 5, 2014
This volume is a worthy addition to anyone's library, Jewish or otherwise. Yehoshua November's inner experience is presented via his craft with frankness and a refreshing, almost naive trust of his audience. Call it faith if you will.
on October 23, 2014
The poems are deep and present a particularly peculiar perspective on Jewish life.
The authors reading on Torahcafe.com, is really nice.
Here is a video number for one of them b2323bfe7.
on April 12, 2015
marvelous poetry that evokes our efforts to make a place for HaShem in this world and the very human experiences of our struggles to do so.
Beatiful. Moving. Inspiring.