- Take an Extra 30% Off Any Book: Use promo code HOLIDAY30 at checkout to get an extra 30% off any book for a limited time. Excludes Kindle eBooks and Audible Audiobooks. Restrictions apply. Learn more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
* Sarah Posner has produced the definitive expose of America's leading "prosperity gospel" preachers. With direct access to the Bush White House and Republican lawmakers, these televangelists have injected their Armageddon-based agenda into U.S. foreign policy. Posner's book should serve as a stark warning to anyone tempted to dismiss the John Hagees and Rod Parsleys of the world as benign loons. --- Max Blumenthal ---
* Sarah Posner's reporting on the religious right is dogged, informed, and ceaselessly illuminating. She never condescends to rank-and-file believers; at the same time, she never excuses their leaders' hypocrisies or fundamental misunderstanding of, and threat to, our constitutional republic. --- Michael Tomasky ---
* Sarah Posner introduces us to the stars of a new evangelical movement who have declared welfare Satanic, poverty a religious curse, and redistribution of wealth "contrary to the word of God." GOD'S PROFITS serves as an urgent warning about their toxic and corrupting effect on American politics. --- Esther Kaplan ---
* GOD'S PROFITS is an astounding tale of religious hucksterism--and its role in politics--as big and crass as the ostentatious empires of the Word of Faith movement itself. It features a cast of charlatans, demagogues, con men, and the pols and presidents who pander to them. It is also a window on the rise of the Bush family dynasty and details how John Hagee, Rod Parsley, and their ilk treat faith as a cheap political commodity on its behalf. --- Frederick Clarkson ---
Lyrics from the late great singer/songwriter, Joe South, poetically characterize the odious tribe of sleazy "Word of Faith" hucksters so well described by Ms. Read morePublished 9 months ago by John Crowder
Sarah Posner has revealed to the nation what the motives and purposes of televangelists and mega-churches are all about. Read morePublished 13 months ago by Wendell F. Wentz
I came to know Sarah Posner's work through her writing at Religion Dispatches and Mother Jones. She is a perceptive observer of the darker side of American evangelicalism and its... Read morePublished 14 months ago by D. Andrew Kille
This is true of all religions. This book just describes the native strain of a very familiar virus. Read it and weep for your country.Published 17 months ago by RobinP
Book is intriguing if the reader wishes to know more about the history of the current crises in which radical Catholics and evangelicals attempt to control the U.S. Read morePublished on February 3, 2013 by N. Helton
Ms. Posner goes into great detail about the role of the Republican crusaders. Very well researched. Read morePublished on September 12, 2011 by Doglover
The author of this book has done the research and comeup with the first real look into the world of professional evangelism. It is balanced,truthful and an eye opener. Read morePublished on May 2, 2011 by Bernard Haines
Posner's clear moral vision is a welcome beam of light into a murky swamp of deception, greed and religious hypocrisy. Read morePublished on July 29, 2009 by Ken Jacobsen
Sarah Posner really breaks this down in simplest terms. Christians have no business meddling with the voting process. Read morePublished on August 28, 2008 by James F. Danzy