Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

100%
Format: Paperback|Change

on October 23, 2012
I purchased this book to enjoy with my little six year boy during our morning reading time. What I had not expected was how much it would minister to me in this particular season of my life. THis little book is so rich in the abundance of His blessings, it is a delight for all ages and leads to the most marvelous conversations with your children. I highly recommend this book, in fact, when we were finished both my boy and I were rather disappointed that it was over, my boy's answer to that? "Mommy, let's read it again!". You bet, that's just what we plan to do.
on November 3, 2012
I have been using this book with my four children, and we have all loved it! I had no idea that it was going to be a book that I would love as much as they do...and learn from. I have recommended it to my mom, adult friends, and anyone that teaches or has children. The author explains every promise in such a way that they are easy to understand, and then she backs it up with Scripture. I heartily recommend this book!!!
on July 1, 2013
This book, along with it's companion book "The Names of God", is one of my favorite Bible Study books/devotionals to use with my children.This book is probably intended for 2nd to 6th grade or so. I am using it with younger children though. It is written very well. It asks questions and gives a bible story and real life example of the "promise" covered. There are also additional activity suggestions at the end of each lesson. For example there are one to two verses at the end of each lessons that you can write on an index card for memory work and add to your "God's promises" box (wrapped like a present, because God's promises are like gifts!). It begins with "Salvation" promises, and covers promises for believers and unbelievers. I feel that is is not at all watered down, but gives a very strong foundational understanding to children. I actually get a blessing out of reading it as well! Look for "Names of God" by the same author! We love that one too!
on February 12, 2013
Written for children, this book is so full of God's truths, that I tweaked it a bit and made lesson plans for young adults. I am enjoying learning from it as well. Scripture is used to teach in a way that you may not have really pondered over before in learning Who God is as He says in Scripture, as opposed to who we conjure Him up to be in our own minds. Great truths!
on October 13, 2015
I teach the 1st/2nd grade Sunday School class at my church and use a curriculum from Children Desiring God (www.childrendesiringgod.org) called "Faithful to All His Promises" which thoroughly explores the promises God makes to His people throughout the Bible. It is a wonderful study for the age group with a very solid biblical context. I give this book (God's Promise) to my kids as a gift when they graduate from my class because I feel like it is a wonderful keepsake and reminder of all that we have learned together during our time together. It is a wonderful companion to the curriculum!
on August 29, 2013
This series of books has been apart of my morning devotions with my 9 year old for sometime now. The chapters are short enough to read through before my daughter heads off to school, and the way it is written is easily understood by even my 5 year old.

Sally Michael is spot on with her theology.

My daughter and I both enjoy these books, and look forward to more books by this author.
on October 22, 2012
This book is very easy to read. We use it with our 9 years old daugther and it could not be better.
on July 11, 2016
Can't say enough good things...the biblical lessons learned by children in these pages will serve them their *whole* lives. They are vitally applicable to the issues we face in our journey with God. The author's writing is well done—easy to follow along and she presents questions for thought that nearly any child can relate to and helps get them thinking and relating. Sometimes a point would be presented and I would think I needed to stop and explain but then Ms. Michael would do an excellent job of fleshing it out in an understandable way. But of course it's not her writing that's the star here—it's the solid, biblical truths our children need to navigate life on this side of heaven. There is no personal agenda here on the part of the author—simply the goal of revealing to our children the amazing God we serve and how He keeps His promises. Each chapter was encouraging (and convicting!) to my own heart making this book perfect for a family devotional.

I used this primarily for my 1st grader (making the cards and promise box) but my fourth grader also listened in. They were both engaged for every story. Most stories were familiar from prior devotionals or Sunday School, but the perspective and thread of continuity with God's promises kept the familiar ones from sounding repetitive. The illustrations are a great addition to each story.

We have also read God's Names and it is equally well done. It makes Bible reading all the more meaningful to know the definitions and intent behind each name used for our Heavenly Father.
on September 1, 2015
Love this devotional for kids! I taught 3rd grade at a Christian school and used all 3 of the series of books. Book is overall solid and not too fluffy as many kids devotionals tend to be. Would highly recommend this book to anyone.
on January 14, 2014
This is a great book to read with your children. My daughter is 10, in 5th grade, and is understanding this book well. Follow the directions in the preface and take it slow. Let your kids answer the many questions and enjoy!