Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Format: Hardcover|Change

on December 7, 2012
This is a wonderful little book of God inspired stories. Godwink stories are little coincidences in out lives where God is talking to us. Many are inspiring and heart touching. Each comes with some words of wisdom and discussion regarding the topic. The book includes 52 stories or chapters that can be read in any way you choose, independent of all the others. This would make a great Christmas gift for that special friend or family member, just in time for Christmas. So if you haven't finished your shopping, it is not too late to add this one to your list. I enjoy reading actual stories of God or angel encounters and this one fits that description well. It is listed as a devotional and could be used as such daily or even weekly. It makes me want to obtain copies of the other Godwink books that are available to read further on the topic. If you have had the pleasure of reading the other books and liked them, then I have no doubt that you will like this one as well. The above description of topics included is pretty descriptive so there is no need to elaborate on that. Just get your hands on a copy and you won't regret the decision. Trust me on this one!
on December 5, 2012
SQuire Rushnell & Louise DuArt in their new book "Godwink Stories" published by Howard Books gives us weekly readings of godwinks and miracles to encourage and inspire you in every situation.

From the inside jacket flap: Building on the themes in his popular book When God Winks, SQuire Rushnell shares real-life stories that are certain to uplift and encourage you.

The stories in this book reaffirm that godwinks happen to everyone. We just need to learn how to see them, allow them to unfold, and accept them as direct, person-to-person communications from God to each of us.

As you'll see, those so-called coincidences that you'd been dismissing so easily really do mean something. And you need to pay attention. They are like unopened gifts that have been placed upon your doorstep.

You will be amazed to read how every joy, every hurt, and every worry that happens to you has already been written about in the Bible. Godwink Stories simply draws upon the parallel between the stories of real people and God's wisdom in the scriptures.

Godwink Stories can be read in various ways. You can read the book cover to cover. Or follow along each week for a year. It's also perfect to read for a pick-me-up story that fits your need of the day.

Whether you're looking for encouragement in a time of need or a story that speaks of joy, there's a godwink story just for you.

Why do we need a new daily devotional? Most of us need help to focus our attention. There are so many things that vie for our attention and we juggle so many that, sometimes, we lose sight of what really is important. So we need this devotional to help calm and center us. We sometimes miss God speaking to us because we dismiss the circumstance as merely coincidence. These true stories-- from ordinary people--provide: Messages of "don't give up", Heartfelt need for love and guidance, Hope in the midst of medical crises, "Just in time" moments, Peace in times of sorrow, Tender love stories and Amazing answers to prayer. "Godwink Stories" is not a time-consuming read. They are only a few pages long and are quick reads but they are oh so helpful to properly channel our energies in the right direction. If we use these daily devotionals correctly we will all be the better for it. It is perfect to give as gifts to family and friends that they, also, will use month after month and thank you for it. I recommend this book highly!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Howard Books. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
In the last twenty years, I have read several devotionals by many talented authors. "Godwink Stories:A Devotional" is the best one I've ever read, and will not only read this again-and-again, but will share this priceless gift with many others. As I began reading the uplifting stories that were contributed by ordinary people, I became mesmerized with a burning desire to read on. The stories I've listened to from friends and loved ones over the years about their personal 'God moments' in time of need, including stories from patients I've cared for in the health field for thirty years, brought back flashbacks of sensitive memories as SQuire Rushnell brings life to this inspiring devotional. Each individual story uplifts the spirits, and encourages us to become stronger, once we believe that there is indeed hope. The author conveys the connections between God and each one of us, he teaches us how to focus on what's important, and reflects on never giving up. These real-life stories are refreshing, heartfelt, and very motivating to help ourselves, and others. The miracles in this book guide us to believe, making us realize the difference between a coincidence, and an answer to prayer. In the world we live in today, we witness among the many people who are homeless, fighting a disease, suffering financial crisis and see many who are confused about what direction to go. The list could go on-and-on as many fear violence, hardship, loss of a loved one, and tragedy. The author brings comfort and peace-of-mind as he encourages to be positive, to believe in God's wisdom, and to respect our faith. The tender stories within the pages of this book, along with the guidance of the author will bring hope to many. It is comforting for many to know that a daily read will inspire and brighten up our day, and we can use this encouragement to uplift ourselves, and others. This book was published at a perfect time, bringing peace and comfort to so many people. Thank you, SQuire Rushnell! Highly recommended!
55 comments|6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2012
Squire coined the word "godwink." "A word to fill a vacancy in the language for so-called coincidences that you are certain could not be coincidence." (6) You are sure God is at work.
Then he came up with Godwink Link, the person who delivers the godwink - the one who makes the phone call at the right time with the right message, or otherwise "happens" to intersect another's life.
People have written Squire heartfelt letters in response to his previous godwink books. They show the person-to-person connections from God happening to each of us. Many of those letters have been included in this book.
Squire and Louise have found that every hurt and worry you encounter has been addressed in the Bible. They have paralleled the letters received with the wisdom from God's Word. They also add insight from their own lives as well as the appropriate Scripture verses.
The book is designed so that it can be read cover to cover (as I did), or read a chapter a week for fifty-two weeks. You can also just read the chapter that fits your need as a cross references is included at the back of the book.

Some of the stories are very touching, like a lost screw on a bicycle leading to an elderly man knowing he is forgiven.
Some of the stories yield profound lessons, such as this one about an autographed 45 rpm record. "You cannot see all God has planned for you. But you can trust that He holds your future in His hands and that He has a plan to guide your steps and light your path." (51)
Some of the stories include humor, such as Bonnie seeing a church marquee saying "This too shall pass," when her son was in emergency with kidney stones.

"Every day, God showers you with an abundance of gifts. ... Only when you condition yourself to accept God's gifts and to thank Him for them accordingly...will you begin to see the massive evidence of God's love for you." (153)

Each of the stories emphasize how an extraordinary God uses people like you and me to touch the lives of others. These stories are full of encouragement. They also inspire you to be a blessing to others.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher for the purpose of this review.
on August 18, 2015
You will not be able to put this book down. Very inspirational and you will feel better and notice thing in you own life after reading it. There are other stories in a series of book by this author. After reading this book I purchased 2 others and liked them just as much.
on January 5, 2015
I thoroughly enjoy the stories in the God Wink books. They are encouraging and enlightening for any situation in life. Many are stories of well known people who we have admired through the years. It's good to see how God has helped them in hard times in their lives.
on March 25, 2016
Last year, I purchased this book after reading a separate book my cousin sent me after my mom passed away. Over time, I started to get more of them. This book made such a big impact on me which although I lent it to someone & I didn't receive it back I obviously bought another one. The thing about buying it although you would think of it as out of impulse I never thought twice when I did.
There are truly moments from your life which causes you to reflect seriously on situations from your life.
on April 23, 2014
I have made it a tradition that when this book is read, when the person feels it has inspired them enough to move forward, it will then be passed on to another who is in need of inspiration. So far, it has helped me and five other people!
on February 19, 2013
I got this for my wife and she's been loving the Godwink Stories.......it's works great with her philosophy and beliefs.....If it's meant to be.......or: not meant to be, and everything happens for a reason.....God works in mysterious ways......I knew this would be the perfect read. There are many things to relate to our lives and our faith.....Thank God!
on February 13, 2013
I want to buy this book for all of my family members, my friends and anyone who could use a bit of faith, a ton of hope and a mountain of love. It just filled my heart, at times it filled my eyes with emotional tears but mostly it filled my being with boundless hope and joy.

I intend to buy the rest of these Godwink books whenever I have the money to do so. .

I truly LOVE this book!