Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Godzilla: With Light and Sound!
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on April 29, 2014
Just got my little Godzilla book/figure kit. I pulled the tab out so the batteries could work.. pressed the fins on his back.... nothing. After reading that another reviewer had this same problem and sent it back I was a little irked... I unscrewed the battery case, and when you pull the tab out, it pulls the batteries away from the contact. I pushed the batteries back in and Viola! Tiny Godzilla roars in all his (miniature in this case) glory. So if you get one that doesn't work out of the box, try that before sending it back. As for the item itself. It's cute. I'm definitely not unhappy with it. There is a little sticker book that comes with the figure. Each sticker is roughly 2.5 inches by 3 inches, probably a little less. For the price I paid, I'm happy with this little package.
on April 30, 2014
Just received mine today. I pulled out the tag and it didn't work, so I read the reviews here.
Unscrewed the battery compartment as one reviewer suggested and pushed in the batteries, it works fine now.
I'll post a pic shortly. Mine arrived with some scuffs, but I'm not going to return it.
I like it, it's a pretty cool toy and I love Godzilla.
Stickers are cool too.
To activate the light and sound, push the 3rd set of back fins from the top. No instructions were included.
review image
on May 21, 2014
You will likely need a small Philips screwdriver to open the battery door and adjust the batteries since the pull tab pulls them off the contacts. The tail is a bit tricky to attach and it could be louder but overall enjoyable. It comes with a booklet with a bunch of stickers and movie pictures.

Just a quick shot to show the size and loudness compared to my hand and my son'd voice.
on May 23, 2014
This little item is not more than it proposes to be. It is a cheap little Godzilla that can roar and light up. The sticker book is cool if you are into that kind of thing. This would be great for collectors and kids.
on May 15, 2014
My Godzilla works fine. He sits on my desk at work and whenever someone or something irritates the heck out of me, instead of me screaming, I let Godzilla roar in frustration FOR me. LOVE IT!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon January 3, 2015
I finally got to watch the 2014 Godzilla movie after I got it this last Christmas. I had lowered my expectations, but suffice to say the movie was good enough to wet my appetite for some Godzilla models. Unfortunately, very few to be found at discount now that Christmas is over. However, I remember that I was very satisfied with a USS Enterprise from Running Press so I pressed my luck with Amazon for a Godzilla from them. Thanks to Amazon, I got my new roaring Godzilla and I'm very happy with it.

Out of the box, Godzilla comes out in two parts and a small sticker book. The only assembly required is to attach its tail to its body. However, that was a small challenge by itself. After many tries, the plastic finally soften up enough to let the tail connect and make the seam between body and tail not so obvious.

I removed the tab for the battery and was ready for my first try. But I couldn't find any button. The leaflet indicated to push a dorsal fin and I finally found the one that made Godzilla light up and roar. The blue led is very bright, and looking at Godzilla mouth light up is satisfying. The roar is not that loud, and to have it at the office deck, I'm sure it won't bother any coworkers during lunch break.

The sculpt is good at 3.5" tall. However, I have previous versions of Godzilla from Bandail that have more definition. The paint job is better and I don't see any obvious run-offs. There is a slight paint discrepancy between body and tail but that's about it.

Overall, this Godzilla is a solid 4 stars on sculpt and paint for this size, but if you count the light and sound features, it would push it up to 4.5 stars.
on July 14, 2014
It's awesome because it is Godzilla, but not worth $8. It's sooooo tiny and cheap feeling/looking. The booklet has stickers and is a joke. You can buy a bigger Godzilla toy for only a few dollars more. Save your money!
on February 26, 2016
I was looking for Godzilla books and i should have read the description better. It's tiny little book with 8 stickers (see my pic) and small godzilla toys. I think the category for this product should be toys, not books...
review image
on May 2, 2014
Following the instructions of other reviewers I did unscrew the battery case and re-inserted them. It does light up but either I can't figure out how to make a child's toy work or mine simply doesn't roar. Still for $8 it's a cute desk item and the sticker book is pretty cool.
on May 19, 2014
There is a small blue light in Godzilla's mouth that glows as he lets out a faint and tinny roar modeled after the roar from the new Godzilla. The figure itself is lackluster with Godzilla standing unnaturally straight up and it gives him the appearance of slumping shoulders. The arms are poseable at the shoulder joints and the tail must be attached. I suppose that what this toy resembles most is a Christmas ornament without a base. In fact some entrepreneurial sorts may just turn it into that this December.

Perhaps the best thing about this little toy is the small sticker book that comes with it. There are about 5 or 6 different illustrations therein. The stickers are a little less than half the size of a trading card.