5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!
Published 12 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Conflicting and Compelling
First Impression ...A story about a woman who falls in love with her high school crush-turn rock star. I'm in.

Published 8 months ago by Andrea Thompson

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!, August 8, 2013
This review is from: Going Home Again (Kindle Edition)
I have been waiting to read this book for a good while, and it was WELL worth the wait. Going Home Again was absolutely wonderful! I found myself sucked in to the story of Mike & Alyssa. I had problems putting this book down. Every time I tried to find a stopping point, I needed to know what happened next so I would have to keep reading. I highly recommend this book to anyone and everyone who loves to get lost in the pages of a good read. I can't wait to read more from Abby!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing! I couldn't put it down!, August 8, 2013
This review is from: Going Home Again (Kindle Edition)
Amazing! I fell in love with this book in the first chapter and had a hard time putting it down, I didn't even want to go to bed. Even after trying to fall asleep I found myself thinking of Mike and Alyssa. I love that the author made this about real life, about conflicts that could be reality. Going Home Again was a refreshing change, don't wait to read this book!
I can't wait to see what Abby Cavenaugh has in store for us next, whatever it is she has a new fan in me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Romance at its best!, April 13, 2014
This review is from: Going Home Again (Kindle Edition)
I was lucky enough to read this book a while before it was published, and again once the book was for sale, and I fell in love with the characters both times. What girl hasn't dreamed about meeting up with the guy who never noticed her in high school?!

Abby Cavenaugh has written a brilliant tale of romance, and I can't wait to see what she releases next!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, March 7, 2014
Erik Reynolds (Hermosa Beach, Ca) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Going Home Again (Paperback)
I Really enjoyed reading this new book, great story and characters. I hope to see more from this author soon.

3.0 out of 5 stars Conflicting and Compelling, December 20, 2013
This review is from: Going Home Again (Kindle Edition)

The Story... Twenty years after he became her crush, Alyssa gets the chance to interview rock star Michael Day for her magazine when he returns to his home town. Instant chemistry sparks between the two. Good news, considering Alyssa gets to live her long-time fantasy. Bad news, considering Michael is on a break from his marriage and considering divorce. The attraction is intense, and won't be denied. Michael and Alyssa must struggle through the difficulties of ending a marriage, and beginning something new, all in the media spotlight.

The Characters ... I've struggled with this, and have had a hard time reconciling being objective, and my personal thoughts on Alyssa and Michael's actions. Alyssa and Michael were both likable enough characters, considering their actions. I get that they shared an instant chemistry, but being a wife myself, I'm a hard sell on the cheating part. Yes, I got that Michael's marriage was by all intents over, but his wife didn't know that. And even though she was portrayed as a shrew, I felt more sorry for her than anyone else. I've kind of beaten myself up over my feelings for Michael and Alyssa, but then realized that I have read books in which I've felt more empathy for the cheater. I could feel what drove that character to the actions. I can say from an objective standpoint that it makes for a very interesting story. But from a personal angle, I was never on the either main character's side. Feeling so conflicted makes it difficult to review, but also shows that it was a story that made me think.

The Writing .... Was nice and easy. I will say that the first half of the plot felt rushed. Michael and Alyssa reconnected, began their relationship, and fell in love in the span of under two weeks (I think). I know it's possible, sixteen years ago my friend has married a guy she knew six days, they are still married. I was told it was there, but I didn't feel this intense bond that wouldn't be denied. Besides that, the story is really sweet. And the dual point-of-view provided insight into Michael's life and experiences in his marriage, along with Alyssa's long-held feelings for him. I mean, who among us never dreamed about meeting and falling in love with a famous rocker? So that part, I really enjoyed. It's like a great wish-fulfillment for the teenager in all of us. Besides the whole "wife" bit.

Could I Put Going Home Again Down? ... Because of the nice, fast pace, I never struggled with finishing. I wasn't consumed, but I was curious how it would all go down.

In the End ... I enjoyed Going Home Again, though I struggled with Alyssa and Michael's actions. It took me back to a time when Jordan Knight was my #1 guy, and that's never a bad thing.

Favorite Quote:

I slid my fingers into her hair and let my thumbs caress her face as I kissed her again. She fell into me and we held each other tighter. Something about the cold rain drenching us and the warmth of her body next to mine as we literally kissed and made up, made me realize this was one of those moments I was going to remember for the rest of my life. And I silently thanked God once again for bringing Alyssa into my life.

4.0 out of 5 stars A must read! Enjoyable & emotional ., November 26, 2013
********4.5 stars**********

I received this copy of Going Home Again from Swoon Romance in exchange for an honest review.

Alyssa Jones had a big crush on Michael Day at high school, but he never knew, in fact, he never knew she existed. Twenty years later Alyssa, who has never forgotten her high school crush, gets the chance to interview Michael who is now a famous pop star when he returns to their hometown to deal with the fact the his marriage is now over and has been for years. Sparks fly between Alyssa and Michael, and despite their attraction, they have to deal with reality is that Michel is still married.

“It wasn’t as if Mike and I ever had … anything. He was my crush from high school, the guy who’d always held on to a piece of my heart.” ~ Alyssa

“Then I met Alyssa and everything changed. That’s the only way I can explain it. She can in the door and I was a goner. “ ~ Mike

I really enjoyed Going Home Again; it was a lovely contemporary romance about second chances and finding true happiness. It’s deals with the reality of a marriage breaking up, divorce, and the feelings of being the other woman. I found the story engaging, and I really didn’t want to put it down. I like both Alyssa and Michael they had great chemistry together.

“I felt that closeness to him that I’d never felt with anyone else. We were the same we were connected. I could feel the connection surging between us, and we weren’t even touching”. ~ Alyssa.

‘I’d say it was not love at first sight: maybe intense like at first sight? I would say lust at first, but that’s not accurate, either. I felt comfortable with her.” ~ Mike

I really liked how the story was told in 3 parts, the 1st and 3rd was Alyssa POV, and the 2nd was Michael. Dual POV is always a favorite of mine, and I felt this worked really well to do it this way. This gives you a realistic insight into not only Alyssa and Michael’s emotions and feelings for each other, but their feeling about his marriage break-up, about Tina his ex wife to be, and wanting the best for his son Sammy.

“I can down here, and it’s like I’m alive again, for the first time in what feels like twenty years. I feel free. I don’t have that dark cloud hanging over my head”. ~ Mike

“I knew this was the right thing for now. Hell, I’d waited more than twenty years for this; a while longer wouldn’t hurt”~ Alyssa

It was heart warming and sad at times, but also very funny, and I love a book that make me laugh out loud and this one did. It also had some great romantic, and steamy parts too. I liked secondary characters, and some that I felt could get their own story in the future. Even though I was rooting for Alyssa and Michael to get their HAE, I did feel for Tina at times and understand her feelings.

My only complaint is I would have loved an epilogue; I always need an epilogue when a book has a lovely ending without a cliffhanger, as I like to have closure.

Overall I truly enjoy this book, and recommend that you not only add it to your TBR list, but you 1–click it today. Abby Cavenaugh has done such a great job with her debut novel, and I was impressed. I liked her writing style, which I found it engaging, and her characters were such that I cared about. I will definitely read any of the books that Abby is planning to write in the future.

4.0 out of 5 stars Contemporary Romance, Touchy Subject!, November 26, 2013
This review is from: Going Home Again (Kindle Edition)
When Aylssa’s secret high school heartthrob turns up almost twenty years later, now an aging popstar, to say he now knows she exists would be an understatement! The problem? He is unhappily married and a father to boot. Their attraction is pure heaven, but is destined to raise hell both publicly and in the lives of others. Who can say that a rebound love can’t work? Is that what this is? Do they deserve happiness at the expense of others? Is this truly their destiny and their time for real love? Will their love survive the world around them?

Abby Cavenaugh maneuvers a touchy but real topic with grace and sensitivity in Going Home Again. The topic itself is definitely a contemporary issue, and the characters certainly seemed made for each other, but, no matter how much I enjoy Ms. Cavenaugh’s ability as an author, this is a hard book to review. Based on the presentation and flow of the story, I most definitely am an Abby Cavenaugh fan! The moments of humor were light and refreshing, Mike’s love and concern for his son was admirable and as it should be! The reasons for the failure of his marriage were clear, but still, he did things out of order and Alyssa shares in that! Although realistic, their love still needs to stand the test of time and life!

I received a review copy as part of the Going Home Book Tour & Giveaway

5.0 out of 5 stars A sweet and seductive love story. My heart was on a roller coaster ride from the start., November 26, 2013
This review is from: Going Home Again (Paperback)
A sweet and seductive love story. My heart was on a roller coaster ride from the start. This story is so different then other romance novels I have read. There is still spice and heat along with some very steamy sex scenes, however there is also realism that reaches in and grabs a hold of your soul. This is not your easy peasy HEA. This is an ugly nasty divorce. He did not just have to sweep her of her feet. Instead Mike and Alyssa became a united front and had to work at their relationship.

I fell in love with Alyssa because she was so kind and caring and really loved Michael with all her heart. But, my heart cried out for Tina because I know what it is like to have the one you love swept away by someone else. I felt that Michael was really a good guy that just did not use good judgement and his son Sammy made my heart break. Divorce is really hard on kids and Sammy was a trooper. The author did an excellent job telling this story and showing how love can blossom even in the worst circumstances. Going home again is a real love story that is gritty and heart wrenching to the core.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good from page one to the final page!, October 13, 2013
This review is from: Going Home Again (Kindle Edition)
Alyssa Jones has never forgotten her first high school crush. As a freshman, she was certain that senior Michael Day never knew she existed. But now that high school is twenty years behind her, she has the opportunity to interview Mike for a magazine she works for in Wilmington, NC. Mike hit it big after high school as a musician, and Alyssa has secretly followed his career since graduation. When she agrees to meet Mike at his rented ocean front home for the interview, she learns that he is on the brink of divorcing his wife. Flirty, fun, passionate and real, "Going Home Again" is a great story of two adults who find themselves falling for each other when they least expect it. Alyssa, knowing that Mike is still married, desperately wants to be with him - but doesn't like being the "other woman." Mike doesn't want to jeopardize his relationship with his son by divorcing his wife, even though their marriage has been over for quite some time. He wants to be with Alyssa, but once his wife finds out that he's ready to move forward with divorce and another woman, decides she wants to give their marriage a second chance. Will Mike follow his heart that remains with his son and stay in a loveless marriage, or does he decide to risk it all for a once-in-a-lifetime chance with a woman and love that he never thought even existed?
I enjoyed "Going Home Again" and liked the real emotions that all characters had. Even the secondary characters were good. Although I wanted Alyssa and Mike to end up together, I also felt the sting of how the wife felt - from anger to jealousy to rage. I read it in 2 days, and couldn't wait to see how it would end. Good from page one to the final page!

5.0 out of 5 stars What every girl dreams about...., September 12, 2013
This review is from: Going Home Again (Kindle Edition)
The perfect, fun read that plays to all the things that a woman loves (romance, love, and a bit of humor) that is hard to put down once you've picked it up. I enjoyed every page and can't wait to read Abby Cavanaugh's next book!

Going Home Again