5.0 out of 5 stars Lift Off With "Going On a Plane"
This children's book is probably the best book that can be given to any child who is hestitant about riding in an airplane.

Published on October 7, 2007 by 80sLady

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for my 2 yr olds
Published on March 30, 2011 by Ana Bakker

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Lift Off With "Going On a Plane", October 7, 2007
This review is from: Going on a Plane (First Experiences) (Paperback)

It features the processes that are involved in airplane travel. It begins with the introduction of the family, suitably named The Tripps, and how to go about getting the tickets, weighing and scanning the luggage and what occurs once inside the plane.

The comical pictures like when the family is smiling as they're listening to music on earphones and when Mr. Tripp tries to grab the luggage at the baggage carousel, sets the tone for how exciting airplane travel can be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for young travelers, May 14, 2003
This is one of the best books available for introducing young children to flying -- and it is the only one I've found that includes passport control/customs. It was perfect for both my children when we went to Europe. They knew what to expect at the airport, in the plane, etc. We followed along with the book at each step of the process -- ticketing, security, the plane ride, arrival, baggage claim and customs. Plus, the kids love locating the hidden duck on each page.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for my 2 yr olds, March 30, 2011
This review is from: Going on a Plane (First Experiences) (Paperback)
I bought this book for my 2.4 year old twins and brought it with us on our overseas flight. It's a light weight book which is good, but it was just too busy for my boys. There was so much on a single page it was too much for them to really enjoy. I wouldn't recommend it for younger toddlers. I would recommend the book "Airplane" instead. Airplane is simple to follow and gives the little ones all the information they need.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Preparing for International Flights!, May 20, 2011
This review is from: Going on a Plane (First Experiences) (Paperback)
I bought this book for my 2 year old before we went on a trip to Brazil to see my husband's family. Now that he was mobile, I was concerned with him navigating through the airport and staying quiet and still on the plane. Reading this book ahead of time helped tremendously in preparing him for what to expect. More importantly, this book was a great opportunity to talk to him about how to behave properly....waiting in lines, wearing your seatbelt, not standing up in your seat, staying with Mommy & Daddy, etc. He looked forward to the metal detector because he saw it in the book, couldn't wait to meet the "officer" who would stamp his passport, and knew that he had to sit in his seat while on the plane like Timmy.

The only thing this book is missing is the actual waiting part...getting to the gate, waiting to board, layovers, etc. were actually the most stressful part that we hadn't discussed. Other than that, I found it extremely helpful. We've been back from our trip for a month now and my son still likes to pull it out to read before bedtime!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good story, not great for travel preparation, May 9, 2008
This review is from: Going on a Plane (First Experiences) (Paperback)
I got this book as one of many to help prepare my toddler for airplane travel. I think it's a cute story, but not really helpful for travel preparation for a two year old. A book I much preferred was The Noisy Airplane.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!!, August 9, 2005
Before taking my 4yr old granddaughter on an airplane for the first time, I purchased some books to calm any worries she might have. This book was wonderful! When we got to the airport, she knew all the things we would have to do before boarding. She loved the flight and enjoyed it as though it were an amusement ride.

4.0 out of 5 stars great book teaches a lot, June 2, 2009
This review is from: Going on a Plane (First Experiences) (Paperback)
my 4 and 5 year old boys have never been on a plane. I purchased this book to prepare them before we went. I thought that they really enjoyed it and learned a lot and what to expect when we got to the airport and got on a plane.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really cute book!, September 23, 2009
This review is from: Going on a Plane (First Experiences) (Paperback)
My daughter loves this book. The story is written nicely and the pictures are really cute. And I love the fact that you're searching for a little yellow duck on each page.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just okay, December 16, 2010
This review is from: Going on a Plane (First Experiences) (Paperback)
Bought this to read our two year olds on their first plane trip. The story starts out good but then goes through some experiences that aren't as relatable today...like getting a meal on the plane! It also has the family going through customs and maybe dropping the luggage off with a porter? Anyway, they weren't very engaged with the story but that might be partly because the whole experience was new for them. If you're flying abroad it might be better...you would get a meal, and go through customs. Would make sense if your kids are also a bit older. One nice thing is it's something new for your "goody bag" that's also thin and light so you can have options for entertaining them on the plane.

4.0 out of 5 stars not up to date, March 26, 2012
This review is from: Going on a Plane (First Experiences) (Paperback)
This book has cute illustrations...but it is not very up to date on what happens in an airport or on the plane.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Going on a Plane (First Experiences)
Going on a Plane (First Experiences) by Anne Civardi (Paperback - Jan. 2006)
Used & New from: $2.76