Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

on January 19, 2016
I tossed the book after reading the first chapter and viewing the photographs. Sarah Palin's flaunted piety made me gag. Anybody can be as religious or unreligious as he/she wants to, but I despise it if somebody serves religion on the platter for political purposes.

This review was originally written on April 2, 2014. And now we are here on January 19, 2016, and I have just seen Sarah Palin on TV, endorsing Donald Trump.

Excuse me, I still feel a bit nauseated. I need to take an antacid.

I thought even Trump might feel embarrassed about this performance, yet this is probably overestimating Trump.

My husband was in another room, when Palin started to talk, or rather screech. He heard her but could not see her. He thought it was some lowlife Trump supporter who had jumped onto the stage and gotten hold of the microphone. My husband didn’t believe me at first when I told him it was Sarah Palin. We later discussed the event and wondered whether Palin might have been drunk.

Drunk or not drunk, the way the presidential race is going on the Republican side, I can only say: “God save America!” and “Please, God do it without the evangelicals. You are almighty. You don’t need the help of any power-craving bigots.”

Where was I? I suppose I got a bit distracted. I know, I know, this is supposed to be a book review. Yet who has to read a phony, disgusting book when one can get all the phoniness, stupidity, and nauseating bigotry live on TV?
on February 3, 2016
I bought this for my dad for Christmas. I was hesitant to put any of my money towards this woman's agenda, but it is what he wanted. I looked through it and found Sarah's tales to be as fake and contrived as she appears in the media. The only bonus is that the words do appear to be in order and make some semblance of sense, so a big thumbs up to her editor for that one.
on May 27, 2015
If you want a balanced biography of Sarah Palin, this isn't it. This is an egocentric stroll down Palin's memory lane, but the memories don't jibe with the facts. Palin unabashedly inflates her relavence, and presence for that matter, to Alaskan politics. Save your money for a few months and then pick this up on the clearance shelf at your local Walmart
VINE VOICEon January 6, 2010
Review by a liberal

While I disagree with a lot of Palins Political beliefs I read this book with interest. Admittedly in the beginning I wasn't sure If I could make it through the book because of that but the way that she chronicled her life it really makes it an interesting read.

The book really covers the decisions she has made in her life both political and personal. The reader gets to know her as a person and a politician, her motivations in life.

She was fairly unknown outside of Alaska, thrust into the middle of a Presidential campaign that was already floundering. While she did breathe some life into the McCain campaign it wasn't enough. She was put in a tough situation. Clearly she felt that she didn't receive the kind of support that she needed to be an effective Vice Presidential candidate and she discussed that in this book. We get to read about all of the things we suspected were going on in the McCain camp that she wasn't able to talk about during the race.

She sacrificed a lot and her family sacrificed a lot from the demands of campaign from criticism on her political beliefs, the innuendo that the only reason McCain selected her as a running mate is because she is attractive, to the personal attacks about her decision to have her challenged son. She was criticized a lot during the campaign of nearly everything. She talks about the criticisms in the book in detail. She loves her State and tried to make it a better place. She loved it enough to resign thinking that someone else could do a better job running it with out all of the distraction that was heaped upon her by media following her every move both on the local and national front.

Palin talks about life under the media microscope, how it effects to this day her and her family. While most of us including me can't imagine the pressure she was under during the campaign, she lays it out on paper.

This is Sarah Palin speaking her mind, She talks about everything. While she didn't change my mind on the political issues that I disagree with her on. She did change my mind about the type of person she is. In her personal life. In writing this book she has subjected herself to more criticism. I applaud her for her strength and conviction. Regardless of your political beliefs you should read this book.
5757 comments|247 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 28, 2014
Sarah Palin is not merely the funniest woman in America, she may be the funniest woman on the planet! From her outrageous videos of gleefully hunting down wildlife from high atop her helicopter perch to her hysterical, bombastic pronouncement that "The only thing that stops a BAD guy with a nuke is a GOOD guy with a nuke!," the woman clearly has a way with a punchline.

A conservative icon from here to Hanoi, Sarah knows that humor is an absolute necessity for anyone with their finger on the armageddon button. For proof of that, one need look no further than GOING ROGUE, her latest humdinger of a page turner, which breezily demonstrates two great truths: 1) Sarah is a natural, deadpan comedienne without peer and 2) anti-psychotic drugs don't always work.
on February 13, 2015
This woman will do and say anything for MONEY! But karma has a way of catching up to people like her. It's just a matter of time and Sarah Palin will be history! It's really a shame that she has gotten this far. She is the classic example of "white privilege." No minority would have been able to be so unintelligent on the national stage, make a total fool out of herself and given a FREE pass every time. She has total disrespect for America or the office of the President of the United States. She is a traitor who only wants to be rich a famous. She doesn't even write her own books! She can't, she's too dumb! But hey, she's a "used-to-be" pretty white lady who was given free passes all of her life. But hey Sarah, the party's over… And I'm sure that ill gotten money is starting to dry up as well. When Obama finishes his term, white people will not have any further use for her. She's almost done! Game over!
on August 18, 2013
I read every word, but found my self not liking Sarah Palin as much after reading her book. I think she talks too much and tells too much. Keep it on target, we don't need to know everything you do. Your politics, however, are spot on.
on December 11, 2014
I really did read 50 pages. I don't like her and I don't like the book but she sure is making a ton of money off it.
on July 3, 2013
I was extremely disappointed in this book. The title caused me to believe that it was going to address Sarah Palin's actual going rogue in regard to politics. After reading the first 3 chapters that were more of a bio on her and her personal life throughout the years I became bored with it. I personally wanted to read about what she is doing in the arena of politics since "Going Rogue". The book probably got around to it towards the end but I bored with it early on. I put it down and never picked it up again. After thumbing through it to see when I would reach any part that addressed my interest I became disappointed in it. Before purchasing it, I would encourage any potential buyer to run their cursor across the book & pick out certain pages to read beforehand.
on March 21, 2014
I love anything she writes; she's real, she's a mom; she knows what's going on in the world; she exercises; she's smart and those that put her down are just scared of her.....they're the idiots, not her.