5.0 out of 5 stars I like the scent

Published 17 months ago by ljs

5.0 out of 5 stars I like the scent, November 4, 2010
Charles Latner (Salt Lake City, UT USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gold Bond Ultimate Hand Sanitizer Moisturizer (Misc.)
It's strange that there are so many reviews talking bad about the smell. I am fairly sensitive to perfumes and that is exactly why I do like this product. I absolutely cannot tolerate the scent of those sanitizers from the popular bath and body store. They are very strong and pungent. The scent of this product is similar to typical hand lotion, in my opinion. I feel it is clean and mild.

3.0 out of 5 stars Misrepresentation of the product, June 27, 2013
Buyer beware!

This product (if you love above) distinctly shows two bottles. Why doesn't it simply show one when all they're sending is one. I think this is false advertising. I have tried a couple of times via E-mail to get my point across and it was like talking to the wall. If you do order this (it's a good product), remember you are only getting one. The price they are charging is not that competitive. I would never order from them again. They were most unprofessional.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works great....smells eh?, December 18, 2009
This review is from: Gold Bond Ultimate Hand Sanitizer Moisturizer (Misc.)
I bought this because I am a teacher and with H1N1 I was using a lot of hand sanitizer and my hands were drying out so bad. Even with the ones that have aloe etc, my hands were so dry. I only use hand sanitizer when I can't get to a sink to wash my hands...not instead of washing. Anyway, I saw the commercial for this product and bought it. Well, I love Goldbond and it does moisturize very well..your hands feel silky and it is sanitizing them too. However, the smell is not so good..for me anyway...and some of my other teachers commented on the smell too. It is smells like oats..like oatmeal...and it lingers. NOT a nice lotion smell...smells like as if you were making dough for bread. So, I guess I am still using it when I need a hand sanitizer as it works well, softens, but I do get comments on what is that smell. So, time will tell. Good luck.

4.0 out of 5 stars A must have for travellers & busy people!, February 6, 2010
Kat (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gold Bond Ultimate Hand Sanitizer Moisturizer (Misc.)
I really like Gold Bond Ultimate Hand Sanitizer Moisturizer. Unlike other reviewer(s), I find that it smells quite nice. The lotion sinks into the skin readily and doesn't leave that sticky, wet feeling that some other lotions do. I love that this is a 2 in 1 product - my hands get so chapped in the winter and constantly having to wash them with antibacterial soap dries them out badly. Applying the Gold Bond to my hands after washing and thoroughly drying them helps to restore moisture to my skin and also guard against further chapping. The fact that it is also a hand sanitizer is a bonus! I have to network a lot for my jobs and am constantly meeting new people. I like to have a tube of this in my purse at all times, especially during Flu Season. It's also very useful for when you travel - public restrooms often don't have any soap - ick! Gold Bond Ultimate Hand Sanitizer Moisturizer saves the day in those situations. The only reason I didn't give it five stars is that A) it is a little pricey and B) to make it my 'holy grail' of sanitizers/moisturizers, I would like it to 'dry' into my skin a little faster, like traditional sanitizers do. However, that's a minor quibble. I really like this product and will continue to purchase it for as long as it's made.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like the scent, January 13, 2010
This review is from: Gold Bond Ultimate Hand Sanitizer Moisturizer (Misc.)
I don't think this smells like oats or dough or yeasty at all. I think it has a very pleasant scent and the people I have showed it to all agreed with me. That being said... It does work well.

According to website it kills 99% of germs within 15 seconds and contains no alcohol. As I mentioned already, I like the scent, it does moisturize very well and sinks in quickly. I would have given this 5 stars except for one thing, well two actually but they kind of go together. The lotion leaves a kind of waxy residue on your hands for a while and the pump on the bottle dsipenses too much lotion per pump. If you don't press the pump all the way down it's better and if you use less lotion obviously there is less waxy residue. Anyway, the sticky residue goes away after a little while and it is a small price to pay to sanatize AND moisturize.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great sanitizing lotion, January 24, 2010
G. Miller (Kentucky, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gold Bond Ultimate Hand Sanitizer Moisturizer (Misc.)
I was a bit wary of Gold Bond Ultimate Hand Sanitizer Moisturizer, because I have tried lotions in the past specially made for "health care professionals" and they were horrible. So when I saw that my local drug store wanted $7 for this lotion, I steered clear. Then while at work the other day I noticed one of my coworkers had a bottle of this on their desk. Curiosity got the best of me and I had to give it a try. All I can say is WOW! Not only is this the best sanitizing lotion I have ever used, but one of the best hand lotions I have ever used as well. It has a rather thick texture but absorbs quite well (don't use too much!) and lasted until having to wash my hands again. As another reviewer has stated, one pump dispenses too much so use restraint. I highly recommend this product and plan on purchasing my own bottle of my own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Santizer kills germs!, July 9, 2010
This review is from: Gold Bond Ultimate Hand Sanitizer Moisturizer (Misc.)
I bought this at walmart after a friend recommended it, I use a lot of Germ X and she mention that Gold bond kills more germs then traditional Alcohol and does not dry out you're hands.

I just love it! My hands are no longer dry and I carry it around in my purse as well as at home and at work.
Amazon has a better price then Walmart and I will purchase it here next time I need some.

No more dry hands. I dont mind the smell I find it nice, but it is a bit like oats I guess

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a great moisturizing hand sanitizer, February 4, 2010
This review is from: Gold Bond Ultimate Hand Sanitizer Moisturizer (Misc.)
My skin is sooo dry, and the alcohol based hand sanitizers made it a lot worse. I saw the advertisement for this product, and decided i'd try it. Not only do you need less product (a small pea sized dot is more than enough to use) it smells faintly floral, but not so much that the men who've tried it even like it. Your hands stay soft, and moist!
I've recommended this to everyone I know that use hand sanitizer.

2.0 out of 5 stars The product is not what arrived, January 25, 2013
Julie A. Dinkins "juliebork" (Lago Vista, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gold Bond Ultimate Hand Sanitizer Moisturizer (Misc.)
This appears to be false advertising and I was fooled by it. The picture shows two bottles, but only one arrives. That is a pretty sneaky way to overcharge someone for your product when they thing they are getting two. Amazon has really started to fall down in their standards. Everything comes really poorly packaged and it seems is never what you expected to get. I have never written so many negative reviews in my life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gold Bond, March 4, 2013
This review is from: Gold Bond Ultimate Hand Sanitizer Moisturizer (Misc.)
Love it!!!! moisturizes your hands and keep them from cracking like the regular hand sanitizer does. Cracks in the hands leave you open for infection or bacteria/viruses may harbor and this item prevents both

Gold Bond Ultimate Hand Sanitizer Moisturizer
$12.31
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.